Driver in talks with Coventry (or not...)

garethjambo

Carl Fredrickson

The other thread on this has Peanut stating that Driver is on the team bus that left Riccarton about 45 mins ago. I think a bid may have been accepted but Driver is unlikely to be in talks whilst ont he team bus.

According to Chick Dung on Radio Scotland - ?1mill + bid accepted.... not good.

Very low bid, considering how big a prospect he is and the simple fact that he is on a 5 year contract.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
The other thread on this has Peanut stating that Driver is on the team bus that left Riccarton about 45 mins ago. I think a bid may have been accepted but Driver is unlikely to be in talks whilst ont he team bus.

Let's face it, if the bids been accepted he's as good as gone.

Anything below ?2 million is an absolute joke.

According to Chick Dung on Radio Scotland - ?1mill + bid accepted.... not good.

See bold type above. Let's not pull our hair out yet!

jamboinglasgow

My only hope is that they are sending Berra and Driver down in the knowledge that they will reject these clubs but agreed the fee in the hope that other teams notice they are available and make a move.

He doesn't want to leave though. I can't imagine he'll be biting Coventry's hand off.

It's all about cash though Pablo.

If Coventry offer to double or treble his wages . . . :mad:

why is the berra story on the official site and not the driver one? still we'll find out soon enough when we see today's team.

My only hope is that they are sending Berra and Driver down in the knowledge that they will reject these clubs but agreed the fee in the hope that other teams notice they are available and make a move.

Clutching at straws I'm afraid.

What?, is Driver at Coventry for talks?

well that's ?3.3 mill clean/cleared profit into the vacum that is the Vladster, ?1 mill for Driver, not bad money, another career down the swanny though.

No. Driver is the one I really don't want to go. He gets you up out of your seat.

I'm not that fussed re. Berra. Always been of the opinion that centre halves are a bit ten a penny.

It's ironic that, if Csaba manages to sign a competent striker before Monday evening, we get him just as we lose our best 'assister'. It never seems to come together does it ?

Bad bad news :(

The White Cockade

Wolverhampton and Coventry buying our best players

not exactly Man Utd and Barcelona is it?

Shows exactly how low the Scottish League has sunk when we can't compete with these teams

outside the Old Firm (and they are pish poor these days) the rest of the SPL teams would struggle in the English First Division let alone the Championship

The race for third place - its a battle to see who is the biggest of all the wee teams come the end of the season

20 years ago Aberdeen won the Cup Winners Cup now we are a diddy wee league whose best players are transferred to the English lower leagues

Scotland, Home of Football....

No. Driver is the one I really don't want to go. He gets you up out of your seat.

I'm not that fussed re. Berra. Always been of the opinion that centre halves are a bit ten a penny.

just leaving for the game but this is a terrable move drivers been at the centre of all hearts efforts this year false economy vlad european football next year is now in doubt

just leaving for the game but this is a terrable move drivers been at the centre of all hearts efforts this year false economy vlad european football next year is now in doubt

Top Six is in doubt, But Vlads away with more than ?3 mill in his tail, and thats the bottom line.

Lets hope its not true guys. The t**sser that is Chick Dung also said the fee for Berra was ?2.5mill and not ?2.3....

the main variable in this piece of 'news' is still being overlooked....

CHUCK DUNG

if he 'exclusively revealed' that the earth has a moon i would be sceptical.

cant understand the sense in a move to Coventry when there has been other clubs linked to him. For me he isnt ready for a move yet. Both Hearts and Driver would be better off if he stays till end of next season at least. 5 year contract so prob worth 3 mill by then!!!!

Even if Hearts have accepted the bid doesnt mean he has to accept it! I hope he stays put!

Shows exactly how low the Scottish League has sunk when we can't compete with these teams

outside the Old Firm (and they are pish poor these days) the rest of the SPL teams would struggle in the English First Division let alone the Championship

The race for third place - its a battle to see who is the biggest of all the wee teams come the end of the season

20 years ago Aberdeen won the Cup Winners Cup now we are a diddy wee league whose best players are transferred to the English lower leagues

Scottish players have always left to play for decent sized clubs in the midlands.

And, if you think Hearts would struggle in the Championship, I can't imagine you watch much SPL or Championship football.

Top Six is in doubt, But Vlads away with more than ?3 mill in his tail, and thats the bottom line.

?3M.... for selling no players.... now that's clever.

BlackhallJambo

If this is true and I desperately hope it isnt Romanov is even more desperate than I thought. Everyone can see that Driver has huge potential and is on a long term contract. Holding on for at least a year would see his valuation double or even triple which suggests that Romanov is really in need of cash. My big worry is that it is used to pay debts elsewhere in his empire and Csaba gets nothing. I pray this is not true but if it is things are even worse than I thought

the main variable in this piece of 'news' is still being overlooked....

CHUCK DUNG

if he 'exclusively revealed' that the earth has a moon i would be sceptical.

He's going to look a right herbert if Driver alights the team coach in Hamilton and plays.

Fingers crossed.

If we actually take a crappy amount like that for a player like Andy Driver then it says to me that Vlad is skint with a capital S.

He's worth double that at least.

The White Cockade
Scottish players have always left to play for decent sized clubs in the midlands.

And, if you think Hearts would struggle in the Championship, I can't imagine you watch much SPL or Championship football.

:eek:

we struggle week in week out to beat Inverness and St Mirren mate and they would struggle in the Scottish Junior Leagues

I think Cardiff, Burnley, Birmingham would beat us most weeks

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So what is it then? Has a bid been accepted or is he in talks?

According to a poster up at Riccarton he definitely got on the team bus so I would imagine the bid has been accepted.

He's going to look a right herbert if Driver alights the team coach in Hamilton and plays.

Fingers crossed.

it's been known before for him to be spectacularly wrong about these things. by the law of averages he's bound to be right some of the time.

hope to fek he's made another shops front of it.

If we actually take a crappy amount like that for a player like Andy Driver then it says to me that Vlad is skint with a capital S.

He's worth double that at least.

Driver must have been extracted from the team bus by hellicopter and flown down to Coventry by concorde if he is "in talks" with Coventry.

Just wondering if there is something in Drivers Contract that triggers if Hearts recieved a bid of a million. Sure that other players have had similar contracts.

Top six is in no doubt whatsoever IMO.

?3million which we owe (in debts) to the company responsible for ensuring our continued existence 4 years ago. Where else did you expect it to go ?

The People's Chimp

It all boils down to tv money and the drip feed from the EPL.

I remember a couple of seasons ago on transfer deadline day Chick "exclusively" revealing that Nacho Novo would be moving to Coventry and it was a "done deal" etc.

Let's hope he is using the same contact!

jamboinglasgow
I remember a couple of seasons ago on transfer deadline day Chick "exclusively" revealing that Nacho Novo would be moving to Coventry and it was a "done deal" etc.

Let's hope he is using the same contact!

I remember two years ago, Chick claimed that Paul Hartley was just about to sign for rangers, two weeks later he signed for Celtic.

I remember two years ago, Chick claimed that Paul Hartley was just about to sign for rangers, two weeks later he signed for Celtic.

I remember him saying Colin Cameron was going to Celtic for Burchill plus 500k - JJ then tore him a new erse on the radio for making up stories.

Have a feeing there is something in this one though chaps.

he's also been slavering on for over a year about bobo balde going to birmingham (IIRC). the other folk on the radio routinely take the utter pish out of him for it.

he's a fekin clown and i don't believe a single word of it if it's in terms of ?1.5M.

Broxburn_Jambo
he's also been slavering on for over a year about bobo balde going to birmingham (IIRC). the other folk on the radio routinely take the utter pish out of him for it.

he's a fekin clown and i don't believe a single word of it if it's in terms of ?1.5M.

I rememer him exclusively revealing on the radio that Eoin Jess would sign for Rangers "within the hour". Never happened.

If you look around you will see that there are VERY few big transfers going through, because ALL clubs are feeling the credit crunch. Just look at the state Rankers are in!!!

Hearts getting this cash is actually quite good although 1 million for Driver would be a joke!!!

Archived