The opening of St Mirren Park tomorrow - details of the festivities

Craigieboy

[ATTACH]1798[/ATTACH]

A Day of Celebrations!

FIRST Minister Alex Salmond :laugh: will join in a day of celebrations in Paisley on Saturday when the new stadium will officially open.

An 8,000 capacity crowd :ohmy: will join in the celebration at St Mirren Park on Greenhill Road as we welcome visitors Kilmarnock for the first game of the season in the new ground.

The festivities will kick off at 10:00am with a range of stalls at Drums Crescent and the Real Radio Road show to get supporters in the mood.

The Panda Parade :obscene: will leave from St Mirren Park - Love Street at 10:30am and we hope that all fans will line the pavements :goofy: to support this special day.

Hundreds of children will take to the streets in front of a float carrying ex-captains Tony Fitzpatrick AKA - cheating Celtic bassa :Bazooka:, Kevin McGowne, Billy Abercromby and Tommy Turner. The former players will carry the centre spot from St Mirren Park - Love Street to the new turf.

In a poignant ceremony before the match the centre spot will be handed over by the former players and placed at St Mirren Park - Greenhill Road. :rofl:

A pishy, cheating little sh itty club that deserves to die.

Burn the ****ing place down.

rudi must stay
[ATTACH]1798[/ATTACH]

totally unlikeable club. If they continue to sell out their games though then that's a plus for our game

totally unlikeable club. If they continue to sell out their games though then that's a plus for our game

:laugh:

Like that's gonna happen.

A horrible, horrible club, supported by horrible, horrible people, in a horrible, horrible town.

Sorry guys. But I'm still trying to get my head round the ****ing panda parade.

:mellow:

do pandas eat their young? that might be it.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
[ATTACH]1798[/ATTACH]

Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds from a grown man?

What's with all the hatred?

i always thoguht there was rules about changing grounds half way through a season.

do we have a game there to play this year? i cant remember how many times we have even played them

Say what you want about the club and the new stadium, but they've cleared all the debt in one swoop, and now have a better ground with better facilities. They are a small club and therefore don't need anything more than what has been built. It's called Sustainability. There's no need to be bitter about it.

With Fat Alex Salmond attending, he will have been at more St Mhidden games in the last 40 years than Heart of Midlothian FC games.

I wish a pox on their new stadium. :mad:

Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds from a grown man?

What's with all the hatred?

I'm only 15 FFS.

Jambo, Goodbye
Say what you want about the club and the new stadium, but they've cleared all the debt in one swoop, and now have a better ground with better facilities. They are a small club and therefore don't need anything more than what has been built. It's called Sustainability. There's no need to be bitter about it.

That is not the reason people feel bitter about those lot I don't think

With Fat Alex Salmond attending, he will have been at more St Mhidden games in the last 40 years than Heart of Midlothian FC games.

I wish a pox on their new stadium. :mad:

AYE!!! a curse be upon their houses and may their offspring be born with webbed feet.

woohoo!! half way there.

Really do hate St Midden (1986)

Next time I park my car for Glasgow Airport I'll take a p * ish on their new shi* t show of a ground!

may their offspring be born with webbed feet.

Someone must already have wished that 30+ years ago....;)

Someone must already have wished that 30+ years ago....;)

at least. it's a veritable 'lost world' through there. arthur conan doyle might have take inspiration from the hovel.

I fell asleep on the terracing at Love Street once. Wasn't even drunk, went through off a night shift. Fell asleep about 10 mins in. Mates woke me up at the end. 0-0 and didn't miss anything apparently.

Hope a plane crashes into their new stadium. But no-one gets hurt, obviously.

I fell asleep on the terracing at Love Street once. Wasn't even drunk, went through off a night shift. Fell asleep about 10 mins in. Mates woke me up at the end. 0-0 and didn't miss anything apparently.

Hope a plane crashes into their new stadium. But no-one gets hurt, obviously.

Thats what I meant in the OP.

A stadium burning on the horizon is quite a spectacle. I think they are storing ?6000 worth of fireworks in the basement. So all in all, quite an event.

:D

Thats what I meant in the OP.

A stadium burning on the horizon is quite a spectacle. I think they are storing ?6000 worth of fireworks in the basement. So all in all, quite an event.

:D

sorry but ive got friends in bradford and dont think we should talk about stands burning down.

:laugh:

Like that's gonna happen.

A horrible, horrible club, supported by horrible, horrible people, in a horrible, horrible town.

One of the nicest guys I know not only lives in Paisley but is a season-ticket holder at St Mirren. I don't know about the rest of the supporters there of course, but I reckon that your hatred may exceed your capacity for rational thought. Not healthy my lad. ;)

As an aside, it makes me ****ing scratch my head when people are on a football forum & don't seem to get banter & frivolity.

Some posts tonight are remarkable.

Hats off to the boring b*****d brigade.

As an aside, it makes me ****ing scratch my head when people are on a football forum & don't seem to get banter & frivolity.

Some posts tonight are remarkable.

Hats off to the boring b*****d brigade.

Totally agreed.

Hatred at a football match? How exasperating!

Some feckers should just stay indoors and watch bowls or snooker.

Totally agreed.

Hatred at a football match? How exasperating!

Some feckers should just stay indoors and watch bowls or snooker.

Ah, Jackie Moon, JKB's resident "Voice of Reason". :laugh: So folk who point out that other posters are posting hatred-fuelled pish should watch bowls or snooker? You're having a giraffe. Seriously, if you can't tell the difference between some of the posts on this thread that have been exactly that, hatred-fuelled pish, and those that are genuine humorous banter then god help you son.

[ATTACH]1798[/ATTACH]

Ah yes, "banter and frivolity". Obviously changed a bit since I were a lad. :mw_rolleyes:

Thunderstruck

I don't doubt the Grand Panjandrum will make a similar appearance when our new stand is opened. It is not as if he has difficulty attending photo opportunities.

I am sure he will enjoy his day out in Ferguslie Park tomorrow.

heartgarfunkel

I sincerely hope the bribe-taking barstewards (allegedly) get imperially ploughed tomorrow.

MCMLXXXVI - no hard feelings;)

Learning is important.

Indeed. :tongue: For the record, I am of the opinion that they did roll over on that fateful day (it's fairly bloody obvious) and I'll never forgive the players who were responsible. The rest of them, players and fans, I don't really care about, apart from my good friend of course, but I reckon that they're probably very much like you and me. Just good to see that they can muster a few thousand people together that haven't given in to the attractions of Rantic up the road.

Broxburn Jambo
Really do hate St Midden (1986)

Next time I park my car for Glasgow Airport I'll take a p * ish on their new shi* t show of a ground!

I did before my hols last year, and when I came back!!!

Indeed. :tongue: For the record, I am of the opinion that they did roll over on that fateful day (it's fairly bloody obvious) and I'll never forgive the players who were responsible. The rest of them, players and fans, I don't really care about, apart from my good friend of course, but I reckon that they're probably very much like you and me. Just good to see that they can muster a few thousand people together that haven't given in to the attractions of Rantic up the road.

I agree with what you say to a degree.

But I would hate for Hearts to have ever rolled over to anyone at any time. It would take away my feeling for my club.

But, I still don't want their fans to burn to death.

The tin box? Yea.

I would love that.

heard that the pre match hospitality includes a free glass o buckie or white lightning and half price entry for pet ferrets on this most auspicious of occasions

heartgarfunkel
heard that the pre match hospitality includes a free glass o buckie or white lightning and half price entry for pet ferrets on this most auspicious of occasions

Thirty pieces of silver is the prize for the half-time draw, the hand in the glue-filled crisp bag will be that of ****face **** McGarvey

Ah, Jackie Moon, JKB's resident "Voice of Reason". :laugh: So folk who point out that other posters are posting hatred-fuelled pish should watch bowls or snooker? You're having a giraffe. Seriously, if you can't tell the difference between some of the posts on this thread that have been exactly that, hatred-fuelled pish, and those that are genuine humorous banter then god help you son.

bowls_o_large.jpg

Is that you in the middle at the back?

bowls_o_large.jpg

Is that you in the middle at the back?

I wasn't looking at my best that day. You were defintely looking better in this one. ;)

neanderthal.jpg

bowls_o_large.jpg

That one is present day.

Look how 'the bowler' looked in his/her early days........

[ATTACH]1802[/ATTACH]

That one is present day.

Look how 'the bowler' looked in his/her early days........

[ATTACH]1802[/ATTACH]

Well you know, we all settle down a bit in our twilight years. ;)

Well you know, we all settle down a bit in our twilight years. ;)

Don't be so modest.You're still a fox.

MOD EDIT

Pm me if you fancy it.

Archived