Csaba/Kingston

bilston angel

bilston angel

Has CL failed in the respect of getting Larry Kingston to produce the form we know he is capable of. He was never the most industrious, but his heart does not look in it this season and although he won the game for us with his goal last week he looked decidedly unfit.

Also its looks like he wants a move away, and indeed may be away as we speak but I pose the question as good managers can coax and cajoul good players into greater performances by a variety of methods.

Has he failed or was it always a lost cause?

If Kingston were that good, Heart of Midlothian would not be his current employers. Nor would we have been able to sign him from the mighty Terek Grozny.

If it weren't for the Ghana fans opinions on him, We'd be lucky to get rid on a free transfer.

Wage thief who can GTF and I can't fault Csaba one bit.

If Kingston were that good, Heart of Midlothian would not be his current employers. Nor would we have been able to sign him from the mighty Terek Grozny.

If it weren't for the Ghana fans opinions on him, We'd be lucky to get rid on a free transfer.

Pretty much spot on. I remember the world class threads with fond memories. :laugh:

Very harsh. I cannae be bothered with bandwagon jumpers and it`s ridiculous to say Kingston never tries.

Some fans just get it into their head with players and never see things as they should. There has been games Larry hasn`t shown the workrate but there`s others he has and when he does he`s influential. I wouldn`t be that bothered if he left but all the same be happy if he stayed because he`s a good player. I see Csaba as a man who won`t feck about if he doesn`t show the commitment and will empty him. He`s already taken him off in some games because of this and it is a frustration that he`s like this because, as i said above, when he decides to play there`s no doubt he`s an asset.

Very harsh. I cannae be bothered with bandwagon jumpers and it`s ridiculous to say Kingston never tries.

Some fans just get it into their head with players and never see things as they should. There has been games Larry hasn`t shown the workrate but there`s others he has and when he does he`s influential. I wouldn`t be that bothered if he left but all the same be happy if he stayed because he`s a good player. I see Csaba as a man who won`t feck about if he doesn`t show the commitment and will empty him. He`s already taken him off in some games because of this and it is a frustration that he`s like this because, as i said above, when he decides to play there`s no doubt he`s an asset.

What's harsh about it?

Look at his career stats. Other than his performances for Ghana (and lets not forget, he's got a couple alongside him who know their stuff) he's acheived feck all.

I'd suggest his performances since joining Hearts are the rule and not the exception.

It's no coincidence we've not received a single bid for him this window.

Kingston has been very disappointing this season.

And his attitude seems all wrong.

Maybe theres still a player in there waiting fore Csaba to work his magic on.

Doubt it.

What's harsh about it?

Look at his career stats. Other than his performances for Ghana (and lets not forget, he's got a couple alongside him who know their stuff) he's acheived feck all.

I'd suggest his performances since joining Hearts are the rule and not the exception.

Agreed.

With application, he could be a decent Premiership player. By decent, I mean a guy that plays for Fulham and has a great game or two a season. Without that application, we get that below par football player that has turned up less than half a dozen times since signing for Hearts.

Shame really, he DID start his Hearts career well.

IF Larry isn't sold in this window, I reckon we'll see a different player for the rest of the season. He thought he was good enough for a move without putting the effort in (except for the televised games..) but if he thinks he has to play for a move, he will.

What's harsh about it?

Well, imo he`s been a mixed bag with us. When he first came he was excellent and ran the show in many games. Yes, you don`t live in the past as you must continue to produce but this seems to have been forgotten.

Since then he hasn`t really set the heather on fire but has produced fine performances on occassion. Also, he missed a good part of the last season y when he went to the African Nations and suffered injury too.

You take performances as they come and he infuriated me personally with his performance v Hibs at Tynie recently but it`s always put down to workrate which annoys me. Some fans just get something in their heads and let it stick rather than actually paying attention to the game.

Well, imo he`s been a mixed bag with us. When he first came he was excellent and ran the show in many games. Yes, you don`t live in the past as you must continue to produce but this seems to have been forgotten.

Since then he hasn`t really set the heather on fire but has produced fine performances on occassion. Also, he missed a good part of the last season y when he went to the African Nations and suffered injury too.

You take performances as they come and he infuriated me personally with his performance v Hibs at Tynie recently but it`s always put down to workrate which annoys me. Some fans just get something in their heads and let it stick rather than actually paying attention to the game.

Can't disagree with much of that. Would prefer that people debated on the facts rather than just ingrained views.

Can't disagree with much of that. Would prefer that people debated on the facts rather than just ingrained views.

:laugh:

Facts?

Okay, enlighten me.

How much has he cost the club?

What have we received in return?

Goals?

Assists?

Match winning performances?

Thanks in advance.

bilston angel

Most of the posters are discussing the various merits of Kingstons' abilities obviously relevant to the issue but I'm interested more on peoples' views of Csaba's skill in enthusing him to better perfomances because he has played much better in the past.

Most of the posters are discussing the various merits of Kingstons' abilities obviously relevant to the issue but I'm interested more on peoples' views of Csaba's skill in enthusing him to better perfomances because he has played much better in the past.

wine.jpg

:nono:

He's good but he ain't that good.

Facts?

Okay, enlighten me.

Goals?

Assists?

Thanks in advance.

Cost is a gamble. There`s many players everywhere who argubly aren`t producing anywhere near what they should if you look at what they are being paid.

Hearts could scour Europe looking for a cheaper more effective replacement but how often does that happen?

If you want to look at finer points and nit picky things, i`d say Kingston ability on the ball, his talent to shield, draw players in and turn them is invaluable in a game. He`s an intelligent player and intelligent players don`t grow on trees in scotland.

I fully agree that not showing the proper workrate in defending is unacceptable but equally Kingstons ability on the ball is good for Hearts. For me he`s a hard one to call. If Csaba could press home more to Kingston that he must switch on when the ball breaks down then we`d have a fine player on our hands.

jamboinglasgow

even the best managers in the world will not be able to get every player to play in their best. I think kingston will only get his game up for one person, himself. As peanut said (and I can only hope) if kingston realises that he has to work to get his transfer then he will work hard for the next 6 months.

Facts?

Okay, enlighten me.

Goals?

Assists?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how much he cost the club. I believe we paid about ?500k for him but don't know. I believe he's on a shed load less than the ?15k a week often quoted but don't know for sure.

Goals - last week's was pretty important.

assists - quite a few, the one at parkhead springs to mind.

My point was more about how some posters will say a player (not just Kingston) was sh*te or great in a game depending on their view of him, often regardless of the actual performance.

This goes for many other topics as well.

I don't think Kingston has been great, however I also don't think he's been consistently poor and think he links very well with both Aguiar and Nade.

I'm of the opinion that Kingston's wage is based on his potential sell-on value (but we'd beter be quick, coz I doubt he'll sign a new deal) and his ability to control a game (in the SPL) with relative ease.

He has shown glimpses of this, his close control and vision, at times, is excellent.

He does have an attitude issue though.

To get the best out of him, he needs to play in the middle. This would give him the opportunity to control games, as well as forcing him to triple his workrate.

Then we might see him attempt to justify the wage, which, at the moment, is bleeding the club dry!

Maybe that fact that nobody has actually made an approach for him so far might just act as a boot up the erse for Kingston. He's got loads of talent but his application and work rate are hellish. If he wants teams of any stature to come calling he's got to start producing the goods on the park and making headlines. If he starts to apply himself properly we might just have someone on our books that can propel us towards that 3rd spot.

He's a luxury player IMO and Csaba wants every player workin their knacks off and I dont think Larry fancies it.

Teuchterjambo

The problem with Kingston is he believed the hype about him being different class - hype initially generated by many on here and continued by others who reckon he is worth 2 million plus.

He is just like so many other highlly skilled players who cannot bring their skill to bear on a consistent basis becauase the bottom line is that it requires so much more than skill alone to make the real thing and he just ain't got the other bits.

Realistically for the long term good if someone offered ?750,000 and we get him off the wage bill then take it - best for all concerned.

Wherever he goes initially the fans will think he is the golden boy but like all imitation gold it will fade and tarnish !

IMO he is one of our most talented players, I agree his workrate is questionable, but being played wide is not his best position, and should be played in the middle. We are not blessed with many quality players in our squad, and I would like to see Kingston at his best influencing games the way he is capable of.

I vote he stays, and for those who question his wages, we dismiss the hobos "balancing the books over success"

Jam Tarts 1874

Kingston may not be running around the pitch flying into tackles etc, but to deny that he has an influence on the pitch and to deny that he makes telling moves and passes when he is in possession is to deny all knowledge of the game. No matter where Kingston is on the pitch, his talent is recognised by the opposition and that is why there is never less than two opponents within a few yards of him.

I am pretty certain that if you asked Neilson to vote for who his preferred out ball was, I think you will find that Kingston would be his pick well ahead of Chesney, Miko, Johnsson, Obua, Driver and anyone else who has been wide right for us.

Archived