Weather next week - sledges at the ready !

Drew Busby !

Its nice to see Edinburgh Council fecked up the gritting despite all the notice, roads are a mess right now, also despise idiots who can't drive in snow :(

Hardly any in Rosyth, although I believe we're being hit tonight and tomorrow. :(

Kinky bugger:eek::laugh:

Hardly any in Rosyth, although I believe we're being hit tonight and tomorrow. :(

I'm working there now, in the Viking Campus, there was only a dusting snow lying when I left at 4, is it worse now? West Lothian is far worse, must be about 3 or 4 inches in my street in Pumpherston and i'm leaving to play 6's at the Corn Exchange in an hour, it'll be dicey for the first few miles until I hit the A71 I think.

* HAS ANYONE USED THE A71, FROM EAST CALDER > CHESSER IN THE LAST WEE WHILE? HOW IS IT? NORMALLY THE MAIN ROADS ARE FINE...

I'm working there now, in the Viking Campus, there was only a dusting snow lying when I left at 4, is it worse now? West Lothian is far worse, must be about 3 or 4 inches in my street in Pumpherston and i'm leaving to play 6's at the Corn Exchange in an hour, it'll be dicey for the first few miles until I hit the A71 I think.

* HAS ANYONE USED THE A71, FROM EAST CALDER > CHESSER IN THE LAST WEE WHILE? HOW IS IT? NORMALLY THE MAIN ROADS ARE FINE...

It was ok(ish) around edinburgh until around 4 when it battered it down and the roads were fairly dodgy.

Was listening to the reports on the way back and it reckoned Fife was quite badly hit out cowdenbeath way, curry, balerno up that way is badly hit, marchmont etc is apparently quite badly hit for buses.

Think the areas around the bridge are ok as it normally takes pretty heavy snow to affect those areas

Apparently a few accidents out that way too was causing issues, the bypass was meant to be bad due to accidents too.

It was ok(ish) around edinburgh until around 4 when it battered it down and the roads were fairly dodgy.

Was listening to the reports on the way back and it reckoned Fife was quite badly hit out cowdenbeath way, curry, balerno up that way is badly hit, marchmont etc is apparently quite badly hit for buses.

Think the areas around the bridge are ok as it normally takes pretty heavy snow to affect those areas

Apparently a few accidents out that way too was causing issues, the bypass was meant to be bad due to accidents too.

Cheeres Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The People's Chimp
You made the right call.

Three hours to get to work today only to find that almost nobody (including the bosses) had made it in.

Still, got a company taxi home at 3pm and with the empty roads it only took 30 mins.

Off to the pub shortly.

I may well teach some of the wee bawbags down here how to make a proper snowball (ice, stones, spit etc) on the way home.

That'll be one of the same bawbags who stole my jacket from a bar at the bottom of brick lane last night. Absolutely fecking raging.

As an aside, 4 hours to get from chiswick to king's cross this morning to get our train back up.

I P Knightley
That'll be one of the same bawbags who stole my jacket from a bar at the bottom of brick lane last night. Absolutely fecking raging.

As an aside, 4 hours to get from chiswick to king's cross this morning to get our train back up.

London was pretty much shut down. Was at the tube at 0815 when I received the email saying that the whole office was closed. Only 2 lines were trying to run and there were no buses (I didn't fancy the bike this morning).

I saw kids with an innovative use of the snow. They had a large plastic swing-bin type thing and were filling it with snow and upturning it on the road to leave what, to all intents and purposes, looked like a bollard. Of course, it could have contained a few bricks but they were still at the side of the road so I took the chance and, ever so slowly, knocked it down. Fair play to them. If we've got similar conditions tomorrow morning, I'm out first thing to put a string of them across our street.

All going Pete tong now mate. Temperature has risen now to 2c and more importantly the dew point has also gone up above freezing for the first time this last 24 hours. End result is it looks like a mix of wet snow, sleet or cold rain at sea-level but punters away from the coast and with a bit of altitude will still get some snow for a few hours yet.

All going Pete tong now mate. Temperature has risen now to 2c and more importantly the dew point has also gone up above freezing for the first time this last 24 hours. End result is it looks like a mix of wet snow, sleet or cold rain at sea-level but punters away from the coast and with a bit of altitude will still get some snow for a few hours yet.

Still battering it down 5/6 miles inland and 450 feet up here in Gilmerton.

:)

There's a storm moving along the east coast of the US that apparantly is what the gfs is picking up on later in it's run - if you look towards the end, it's like armageddon :)

This whole week is going to be baltic up here, some serious snow on the way as well.

MetO are underplaying the warning for us, I expect some upgrades and more "extreme" warnings over tomorrow....

was in NY & Washington last week.. it was feckin baltic !

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Woke up to 3 maybe 4 inches of snow here this morning.

Just had an email from Uni saying not to go in as no teaching will be taking place.

Quite pathetic really. Not that I'm complaining :D

Oh well, back to bed it is.

4 inches and they take the day off.:mw_rolleyes:

A few laddies were throwing snowballs at cars earlier today. If they had chucked one at me i was ready for stopping and giving them a right good snow bath. Cheeky wee laddies.

portobellojambo1
Yes, it would be great if you could just enjoy it - then go back home and warm up in front of a roaring fire. It's having to go out and about to work etc in it with all the eejits who haven't a clue how to drive it in which bugs the hell out of me!

I know the two highlighted words above are very small, and often insignificant BJT, but in this case getting them back to front has given a whole different meaning to your post. ;)

Still battering it down 5/6 miles inland and 450 feet up here in Gilmerton.

:)

Game over, the dewpoint's up at about 1 degree and it's now pashing down with rain.

:badmood:

My higher prelims start on wednesday.

Needless to say i would be delighted if some snow managed to stop me writing about the Great bloody Gatsby.

Despite snowing for most of the day, it didn't really amount to much.

Unlike 1980s Saughton. That was like Seven Years in Tibet!

0_street_views_-_saughton_mains_gardens_2_sepia.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

You mean Siberia? ;)

East Lothian had about 2 inches lying this afternoon.

First time my dog had seen snow, so it was going mental! Also kept getting confused when the balls I was throwing to her kept disintegrating when she caught them

Buffalo Bill

Saughton !! Christ it looks like Auswitch !!

Guest GhostHunter

There's more to come - a strong Northerly is forecast for Wed through till the weekend, which could give a pile more snow....

I feel sorry for you all. I am having to tolerate 27c days here just now. Having said that, I do miss snow, but could only put up with it for a day! hehe

Got to laugh at London tho, few inches and the place literally grinds to a halt!

There's more to come - a strong Northerly is forecast for Wed through till the weekend, which could give a pile more snow....

Get thee back to netweather ... you hopecaster :tongue::laugh:

The whit?

michael-fish.jpg

All I know is im 'working from home', im still in my pants, bird made me breakfast in bed before she went home, im top of the league in Champs and its been a great day.

Enjoy the snow. Its magic.

No snow last night :( meant I actually had to make an effort to go to work today (and not use the "weather" excuse that I would be 40 mins late)

scottish_chicP

None for Sat I hope, sitting at the footy in the snow with a chest infection can't be good!!

Archived