Vlad cash fear

slfjambo

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2174677.ece

FEARS are growing for Hearts as Vladimir Romanov?s football empire was plunged into turmoil. :eek::eek:

SunSport can reveal Romanov has slashed the spending at both FBK Kaunas and MTZ Ripo as the Jambos owner feels the pinch.

And that has sparked fresh worries over Hearts? future, with the club already delaying wage payments twice this season.

More than ten players have been moved on from Kaunas after reports in Lithuania that owner Romanov has HALVED their budget.

The majority of those axed are high earners from abroad.

Skipper Nerijus Radzius, who scored the free-kick which helped KO Rangers in the Champions League qualifier, has joined Polish side Lodz.

The credit crunch has hit Lithuanian football badly.

But so too has a change in government, which introduced new payment procedures for professional sport there.

All Lithuanian clubs have to file their accounts to the FA by February 10 to be granted their licence for the coming season.

Lithuanian FA president Liutauras Varanavicius said: ?The licensing is now in the process and the financial details must be submitted by February 10.

?So until now we have no information about Kaunas? financial situation.?

Romanov has also banned Belorussian outfit Ripo from signing new players.

Ripo finished third in the league last year and won their national cup, but any hopes of trying to land the title this term have been dashed.

Romanov has told the management team they must go with their current squad.

That bleak outlook closely mirrors the current situation at Tynecastle, where coach Csaba Laszlo has been unable to spend amid fears at least one of his star players will be sold.

It?s believed Romanov has given a handful of top Euro agents the mandate to flog his most valuable assets.

Christophe Berra, Andrew Driver, Laryea Kingston, Bruno Aguiar and Marius Zaliukas are all targets for other clubs.

However the Jambos have yet to receive a concrete bid for anyone.

Romanov is bracing himself for more financial woe today when the SFA decide what action to take against Hearts for their shocking disciplinary record.

The Jambos were fined a whopping ?40,000 in July ? with ?10,000 of that suspended ? after landing nine red cards and 81 yellows last season.

But after earning seven red cards this campaign the SFA seem certain to demand the penalty that was suspended, meaning a ?10,000 fine

Christ on a bike here we go again.

Millionaire being affected by credit crunch shock.Funny that these hacks only concentrate on our owner when the owners of almost every club in world football will be toiling.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Now, let's imagine that a certain other club owner in Scotland owned a club in Eastern Europe. Would this story have been similar? :rolleyes:

its not a bleak outlook at the huns though, its just prudence.

But oh no that cant be the case at Hearts, it must be more sinister!

God these hacks really make my blood boil!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Funnily enough, did "fears grow for Rangers" when Murray CLOSED Northern Spirit out here? :rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

This January transfer window has been a disaster for the red-top's and with Walter Smith admitting yesterday that unless the Kris Boyd deal is resurrected no other bids have been received or made for any players and the transfer window is effectively shut as far as Rangers are concerned......the tabloid hacks are having to scrape around for (non) stories.

ripo came third and won the cup! Does not sound like a crisis to me! Would do just nicely! Sun struggling for celtic and rangers stories again!

They must be really hard up for "copy" today when that's all they can come up with. The Sun at it's very best - rumour and supposition plastered all over the place. Funny, how with all the financial squirming going on over at Ibrox absolutely nothing of a derogatory nature has been printed about Rangers financial situation.

Would you believe that the Ukio Bankas share price is up by 79% since the middle of November!

Close to no longer being quoted in milli-Litas once again!:laugh:

We're already cutting costs so how are there fresh fears for our future?! I understand they just want to get the boot into Vlad whenever possible but this is just getting boring.

We're already cutting costs so how are thee fresh fears for our future?! I understand they just want to get the boot into Vlad whenever possible but this is just getting boring.

I think it is fair to speculate on whether VR is losing interest in football or is losing the financial capacity to support so many football teams.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Another thing - given the ?'s devaluation against the Euro and the fact that the Lita is pegged to the Euro, it's actually costing UBIG less to fund our debt. I know that's probably beyond The Sun's level of understanding though.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I think it is fair to speculate on whether VR is losing interest in football or is losing the financial capacity to support so many football teams.

There's a difference between speculation and scaremongering.

And if he loses interest in Kaunas and Ripo, so what? Surely that's a good thing given that we are anti-pyramid! :tongue:

Tbf.................

If you removed sentences 1 and 3 from the article the rest is probably bang on.

fears at least one of his star players will be sold.

What happened to the 'firesale' that this rag and many others were so confidently predicting in December? They just write any old bollocks!

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2174677.ece

FEARS are growing for Hearts as Vladimir Romanov?s football empire was plunged into turmoil. :eek::eek:

SunSport can reveal Romanov has slashed the spending at both FBK Kaunas and MTZ Ripo as the Jambos owner feels the pinch.

And that has sparked fresh worries over Hearts? future, with the club already delaying wage payments twice this season.

More than ten players have been moved on from Kaunas after reports in Lithuania that owner Romanov has HALVED their budget.

The majority of those axed are high earners from abroad.

Skipper Nerijus Radzius, who scored the free-kick which helped KO Rangers in the Champions League qualifier, has joined Polish side Lodz.

The credit crunch has hit Lithuanian football badly.

But so too has a change in government, which introduced new payment procedures for professional sport there.

All Lithuanian clubs have to file their accounts to the FA by February 10 to be granted their licence for the coming season.

Lithuanian FA president Liutauras Varanavicius said: ?The licensing is now in the process and the financial details must be submitted by February 10.

?So until now we have no information about Kaunas? financial situation.?

Romanov has also banned Belorussian outfit Ripo from signing new players.

Ripo finished third in the league last year and won their national cup, but any hopes of trying to land the title this term have been dashed.

Romanov has told the management team they must go with their current squad.

That bleak outlook closely mirrors the current situation at Tynecastle, where coach Csaba Laszlo has been unable to spend amid fears at least one of his star players will be sold.

It?s believed Romanov has given a handful of top Euro agents the mandate to flog his most valuable assets.

Christophe Berra, Andrew Driver, Laryea Kingston, Bruno Aguiar and Marius Zaliukas are all targets for other clubs.

However the Jambos have yet to receive a concrete bid for anyone.

Romanov is bracing himself for more financial woe today when the SFA decide what action to take against Hearts for their shocking disciplinary record.

The Jambos were fined a whopping ?40,000 in July ? with ?10,000 of that suspended ? after landing nine red cards and 81 yellows last season.

But after earning seven red cards this campaign the SFA seem certain to demand the penalty that was suspended, meaning a ?10,000 fine

Its a pity they don't print the Sun Newspaper on toilet roll, at least that way it would be useful for something.

Ah well at least it can be used to wrap fish and chips in.:108:

Drylaw Hearts
fears at least one of his star players will be sold.

What happened to the 'firesale' that this rag and many others were so confidently predicting in December? They just write any old bollocks!

Maybe the fact that we've not received a single offer for any of our players has hampered the 'Fire Sale'.

I think if we'd received the offers everyone had been expecting then a few players would have gone.

FWIW.....

I think we'll lose 2 or 3 this week.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Maybe the fact that we've not received a single offer for any of our players has hampered the 'Fire Sale'.

I think if we'd received the offers everyone had been expecting then a few players would have gone.

FWIW.....

Why do I get the feeling nothing would make you happier?

Drylaw Hearts
Why do I get the feeling nothing would make you happier?

You're sort of right GK...

I would be happy if Kingston, Stewart or Nade were to leave but very unhappy if Berra, Driver or Jonsson were to go.

FWIW.....

Not everyone DH, I posted this in December.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37527

There's a difference between speculation and scaremongering.

And if he loses interest in Kaunas and Ripo, so what? Surely that's a good thing given that we are anti-pyramid! :tongue:

:thumb::laugh:

Christ on a bike here we go again.

Millionaire being affected by credit crunch shock.Funny that these hacks only concentrate on our owner when the owners of almost every club in world football will be toiling.

escactly m8 .I don't even look at the sun anymore it just depresses me. Just wait till LOYDS ask for thier money from Der Hun, will they jump on the bandwagon ?? na will they buggery

Sun & ****** = comic rags, Sir Gay will be throwing one off just now :D I can just see it...

"di yi ken likesay ah telt yis aw that they yam fuds wur doon the pan coz its in the sun, am away fur a w##k" :108years:

FTH

Would you believe that the Ukio Bankas share price is up by 79% since the middle of November!

Close to no longer being quoted in milli-Litas once again!:laugh:

Does this mean we have liquid assets? :whistling:

That's pretty much what I was saying.....

I think if we'd got acceptable offers for Berra, Driver and Kingston they would be away.

But we haven't.

So Romanov is holding out for what he believes to be an acceptable offer rather than selling them off on the cheap like some kind of fire sale?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Dodgy media reporting or not it certainly is a concern.

Tell you what. You can be concerned for all of us!

Lets see now there does not seem to be any kind of transfer ban at Hearts because as far as i can make out we have signed 3 players and none have so far left.

Drylaw Hearts
So Romanov is holding out for what he believes to be an acceptable offer rather than selling them off on the cheap like some kind of fire sale?

I think 'Fire Sale' was probably the wrong term to use to describe our situation tbh.

The same goes for Rangers.

I think we need to sell a player or 2 to balance the books just like Rangers.

Dodgy media reporting or not it certainly is a concern.

only for gullible idiots.

anyhoo... another laughable piece from the bun. i used to get upset by this kind of thing but to be honest, it just makes me laugh now. to think that the author of such a piece of pish actually went through the process of gaining a degree in journalism only to end up writing some worthless **** stirring tripe like that.

the only mystery for me is why hearts still allow these cretins into tynecastle.

Lets see now there does not seem to be any kind of transfer ban at Hearts because as far as i can make out we have signed 3 players and none have so far left.

Ksnavicius

:band:

Drylaw Hearts
How can football clubs being asked / told to live within their means be a concern?

I'ts long overdue for Hearts but I'm delighted it's happening.

We could not have gone on the way we were going.

Genuine question. Who have we signed?

no mention of stewart milne homes redundancy's or dundee utd not being able to afford 50k for flood or hibs not signing anyone? Just speculation about hearts!

I am slightly worried and the article in the Sun has little to do with it.

We all acknowledge that the squad is too big and our salary / turnover ratio is still far too high. Hearts would like to move a number of players on in order to balance the books and, perhaps, let Csaba get a striker.

A month ago posters on this board were producing lengthy lists of all the players they wanted rid of.

The scary thing is that nobody of note has left and there are no reports of concrete bids coming for anyone.

While this will sort itself out over a period of years as player contracts are not renewed, it is a worry that Csaba?s transfer market hands will be tied in the meantime.

It's the helplessness which worries me I guess.

That's pretty much what I was saying.....

I think if we'd got acceptable offers for Berra, Driver and Kingston they would be away.

But we haven't.

At least that's one good thing about Vlad compared to the pie man.

Any offer over 50 pence and Robinson was drooling,Vlad gets top dollar.

Drylaw Hearts

We all acknowledge that the squad is too big and our salary / turnover ratio is still far too high. Hearts would like to move a number of players on in order to balance the books and, perhaps, let Csaba get a striker.

A month ago posters on this board were producing lengthy lists of all the players they wanted rid of.

The scary thing is that nobody of note has left and there are no reports of concrete bids coming for anyone.

While this will sort itself out over a period of years as player contracts are not renewed, it is a worry that Csaba?s transfer market hands will be tied in the meantime.

On the brightside......

VR's transfer market hands are also tied.

Phew.

Most transfers in the windows are done in the final couple of days or even final hours.

I expect to see 2 players leaving(Kingston,Berra) and 1 possibly 2 arriving(barr)

These two lines have more to do with it than VR being skint.

Quote:

More Sh*t stirring by the media.

Why do some on here get their nickers in a twist, everytime the media yank their chain?

You're sort of right GK...

I would be happy if Kingston, Stewart or Nade were to leave but very unhappy if Berra, Driver or Jonsson were to go.

Agreed.

As for the article, I don't see anything new there. Nothing to get worked up about either way.

Nicholas Brody
These two lines have more to do with it than VR being skint.

Quote:

More Sh*t stirring by the media.

Why do some on here get their nickers in a twist, everytime the media yank their chain?

:Agree:

Completely agree.

Id be quite happy to see players leave and no one come in. Preferably not the big three or four talked about. Id happy lose, Kingston, Makela, Elliot, Stewart Tullberg he still here ? and a whole bunch more lesser players.

Archived