Hearts facing ?10k fine

tartofmidlothian

How much are the GFA getting fined for their woeful disciplinary record?

Brines, McCurry etc.?

the credit crunch is biting and they need to get money somewhere.

a few dodgy reds here and there and they can treat us like an atm.

surprisingly, we're not too bad for yellow cards last i checked.

jamboinglasgow

well the thing I want to know is that are we getting fined for the most red cards or was the fine last season for most disciplinary points as we currently have most red cards but not the most points in the SPL.

wonder how it would stand legally if we refused to pay the fine?

Obviously it could head to a court, and then video evidence could be produced to show at least one red card was wrongly given (Zali) which could throw a spanner in the GFA's case

I remember at the time Killie and Motherwells pitches were called off there was talk of fining the clubs - there was a debate on radio scotland saying that in these tough times (credit crunch etc) it was just not feasible to fine clubs.

Now the body that could have fined Killie etc was the SPL but I await to see if there is the same clamour to save hearts a few pennies from this potential SFA fine.

Professor.Arturo

Obviously it could head to a court, and then video evidence could be produced to show at least one red card was wrongly given (Zali) which could throw a spanner in the GFA's case

We are not legally bound to pay the fine, we 'could' tell the GFA to GTF!

But they would be within their rights to expell Hearts from their association for breaching their rules.

Also, is it true that Barry the crab has not been booked this season yet? Last season he never recieved as much as one yellow card in the SPL, yet he got booked 3 times in Europe.....how can that be? :mad:

We can hardly moan about this, year after year, we get warnings, a suspended fine, and year after year it gets worse and worse.

If they want to save cash improve the discliplinary record.

who said scottish football is corrupt?

a system where one organisation acts as the police, judge, jury & ultimate beneficiary of monetary fines?

surely to hell not corruption.

gorgie rd eh11
We are not legally bound to pay the fine, we 'could' tell the GFA to GTF!

But they would be within their rights to expell Hearts from their association for breaching their rules.

Also, is it true that Barry the crab has not been booked this season yet? Last season he never recieved as much as one yellow card in the SPL, yet he got booked 3 times in Europe.....how can that be? :mad:

Barry benefits from the same reluctance to treat rantic players the same as everyone else, as was the case with the likes of gascoine and balde who could pretty much do what they like domesticaly, but were sent off regularly in europe.

JAMBOn_et_fromage

We have the third lowest number of yellows so far this season (34). Only Celtic and St Mirren have less so surely this must be an improvement. We do have the highest number of reds (6) so it depends how they look at it, bearing in mind at least 1 of those was proven to be incorrect to everyone bar Brines.

Referee is the sole arbiter. That is the law the club plays under.

If the club wants to change the rules of the association, do it from within. Have Campbell Ogilvie put forward a reasoned case for changing the appeal rules - ie for red cards the referee should not get the only chance to change their mind, yellow card incidents could be upgraded to red cards, clubs should have the right to cite opposition players for incidents etc. But do it in a professional manner ... not by withholding payments of fines.

I agree that the Zaliukas sending off at Aberdeen was wrong though and should have been rescinded.

By the letter of the law we may have 'triggered' that ?10k fine, but I'm thinking along slightly similar lines to yourself. The GFA simply did not know where to look when Brines knocked back Zal's appeal - prompting Gordon Smith to step in immediately to say the process would be reviewed. As a result I think they may just hang fire on slapping that fine on us. I don't suppose we have any say either way but our crime count has also come down to 'normal' levels while we've had a run of decent officials ?

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part though :mad:

We have the third lowest number of yellows so far this season (34). Only Celtic and St Mirren have less so surely this must be an improvement. We do have the highest number of reds (6) so it depends how they look at it, bearing in mind at least 1 of those was proven to be incorrect to everyone bar Brines.

It done on points though and I seem to recall we are second in that table behind Hamilton.

End of the day lets ignore the conspiracies etc, hearts every year receive a warning and every year ignore it, we pick up far too many silly bookings and red cards and get punished accordingly.

It done on points though and I seem to recall we are second in that table behind Hamilton.

End of the day lets ignore the conspiracies etc, hearts every year receive a warning and every year ignore it, we pick up far too many silly bookings and red cards and get punished accordingly.

We are not simply ignoring their warnings IMO though !

I for one believe we have been getting a raw deal ...........FFS even the weegie press eventually got embarrassed witnessing it and reluctantly spoke of us 'perhaps not getting the rub of the green' :mad:

JAMBOn_et_fromage

We had the highest total of yellow cards for the whole of last season (75) and the second highest number of reds (9) so, all in all, I reckon our discipline has actually improved.

We had the highest total of yellow cards for the whole of last season (75) and the second highest number of reds (9) so, all in all, I reckon our discipline has actually improved.

Our disciplinary record has improved immeasurably (well I suppose you can measure with stats) since last season. Not only in crime count, but the way Csaba and the players conduct themselves.

If there isn't a conflict of interest with his SFA duties, time for super administrator Campell Ogilvie to step up to the mark. Even if the suspension still stands, the improvements should be noted and taken into account going forward.

Perhaps even time to call off the persecution of Zaliukas and Miko by the refs/authorities.

Indeed the opposition get more yellows in twice as many games as Hearts do. Converse is true for reds. One conclusion that can be derived from this is that other teams kick the hell out of Hearts until Hearts players react violently.

A Boy Named Crow
At the start of the season we should just hand over ?50,000 to them, then just proceed to kick lumps out of every team, shout at refs and linesman, and generally be the big bad nasty team that they want us to be. :eek:

At least if we paid it beforehand we could factor it into the yearly budget, kind of like a pre-paid thuggery licence.:mw_rolleyes:

If we make an accouinting prepayment at the start of every season to provide for SPL/SFA theft we could actually show it as an asset on the balance sheet - offset that overdraft a wee bit!

I agree that the Zaliukas sending off at Aberdeen was wrong though and should have been rescinded.

It's not even that Coco. I use the Rangers game at Tynie as an example - Boyd and Whittaker must have chalked up about 10-12 fouls between them and both ended the game with a yellow. Wallace had 2 tackles and ended up seeing red.

Wallace was a silly laddie with his 2nd challenge but he was no more a sinner than the Rangers players. Our discipline is poor, I cannot deny that, but in my opinion it is no worse than anyone else's.

At the end of the season a fair play league table will tell a story and we will get hammered by the SFA but we all know it's far from the truth.

We can hardly moan about this, year after year, we get warnings, a suspended fine, and year after year it gets worse and worse.

If they want to save cash improve the discliplinary record.

Which is hard to do if you get sent off for being headbutted.

Haddington Jambo

IIRC the meeting was earlier this week. I can only presume no further action has been taken........yet! Or did i fall asleep and miss the suspended fine being . . . . . . . . .erm, unsuspended:mw_rolleyes:

Archived