Worst Night Club in Edinburgh??

Civil Jambo

After being convinced to go to Mood or Doom for those who know it (it was a mates birthday and his choice) i have to say its my vote! what a hole!! fat people and miniskirts do not mix!!:eek:

Brian Fantana

Although mood isn't the greatest I can think of far worse mate-subway west end being a prime suspect. That place is how I remember school discos to be! Total sh*t hole.

After being convinced to go to Mood or Doom for those who know it (it was a mates birthday and his choice) i have to say its my vote! what a hole!! fat people and miniskirts do not mix!!:eek:

Have been there once, several years ago....Work's Christmas party, we got dropped off there from the party bus... Thought it was fantastic, seats and bar all near a nice sized dance floor, nice toilets and cloakroom. Then the people started to arrive :eek:

Although mood isn't the greatest I can think of far worse mate-subway west end being a prime suspect. That place is how I remember school discos to be! Total sh*t hole.

So Fantana did you pull any of these said beasts last night lol!

Cav without a doubt.

Went last saturday as the queue for city was massive, utterly horrendous club. Moods fairly terrible as is Scrubway west end.

In all honesty Edinburgh is very short of decent clubs given the number we have.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Take your pick from Mood, City, Massa, Stereo, Cav.

It's an asbolute joke that the only two decent clubs in Edinburgh - Ego and LR are now shut. :mad:

The worst club in Edinburgh is hibernian football club.

:D

Has to be the club with the biggest number of neds too!!

Brian Fantana
So Fantana did you pull any of these said beasts last night lol!

Nope-got the night bus home and duly fell asleep! Woke up in nitten and was chuffed to bits I hadn't missed my stop.

Totally agree about edinburghs lack of decent nightclubs though. Mostly pretty awful for such a big city

Nope-got the night bus home and duly fell asleep! Woke up in nitten and was chuffed to bits I hadn't missed my stop.

Totally agree about edinburghs lack of decent nightclubs though. Mostly pretty awful for such a big city

what and you still had your shoes!! you luck boy!

loveofthegame

I'm only 21 and already long fed up with all the ****ty clubs in Edinburgh-Stereo, City, Scrubway,Faith,Mood, Massa etc etc.

So outwith the odd Sunday Cav its George st for me everytime. All in all i just prefer sitting in the boozer with mates though- much better laugh and if you start early enough you're so hammered that there's no need to hit a club:)

I'm only 21 and already long fed up with all the ****ty clubs in Edinburgh-Stereo, City, Scrubway,Faith,Mood, Massa etc etc.

So outwith the odd Sunday Cav its George st for me everytime. All in all i just prefer sitting in the boozer with mates though- much better laugh and if you start early enough you're so hammered that there's no need to hit a club:)

That's how I feel these days. Used to go clubbing every Friday and Saturday but it's just pish now. Pubs all the way.

What is Massa like inside? I have never wanted to go in as everyone looks like a toly in the queue.

Its like a toilet pan.

Carl Weathers

City and Stereo used to be okay for student night outs but I feel old now to go regularly. Wouldn't consider them on a weekend.

Haven't been to Subway for years but it was shocking.

Never liked Massa. Never liked Faith. Not been to Cav for about 4 years. I've only been to Mood a few times when completely steaming. It's either been dead or full of strange people.

The only clubs I really like are Cab Vol and LR.

Partridge - when did Ego shut down? I thought it was called Luna now? I've had a few good nights out there in the past but think it's a bit of a hole now.

My disco shoes are well and truly hung up. I only go now if I'm totally bevied and during the week to student nights.

James Zabiela is playing at Pottorrow - will probably head to that.

Carl Weathers
That's how I feel these days. Used to go clubbing every Friday and Saturday but it's just pish now. Pubs all the way.

I used to hammer it friday, saturday and sunday back in the days of Berties!

I guess I've just grown out of it. You're only 21 though - you've got at least 4 years of caining it left I'd say! :tongue:

City and Stereo used to be okay for student night outs but I feel old now to go regularly. Wouldn't consider them on a weekend.

Haven't been to Subway for years but it was shocking.

Never liked Massa. Never liked Faith. Not been to Cav for about 4 years. I've only been to Mood a few times when completely steaming. It's either been dead or full of strange people.

The only clubs I really like are Cab Vol and LR.

Partridge - when did Ego shut down? I thought it was called Luna now? I've had a few good nights out there in the past but think it's a bit of a hole now.

My disco shoes are well and truly hung up. I only go now if I'm totally bevied and during the week to student nights.

James Zabiela is playing at Pottorrow - will probably head to that.

Forgot about Cab Vol, love that place.

Ego did change to Luna but it's shut/shutting down at the end of the month. They have lost the clubbing license I think. Dunno if it's to do with the fire at New Year or if it's just not making money but it's very dissapointing.

I'll be at James Zabiela. One of my best mates is a Musika resident - Jamie McKenzie. Never been to Potterrow before so should be good.

Agree that all the best clubs are gone..Luna (EgO) and LR were the best by a country mile.

Ended up in City last night, what a bunch of cretins frequent there. I had this overwhelming urge to go through the dancefloor with a bottle!!! Just wee ******s throwing drinks and glasses about the place.

What is Massa like inside? I have never wanted to go in as everyone looks like a toly in the queue.

A Toly?

whats a toly?

Brian Fantana

I cant stand George St to be honest - too many absolute zoomers with idenitkit lego man haircuts all wearing the same shirt but in a different colour like they're some sort of white JLS. I cannot stand it!

Defo pubs for the win - you can have a banter and get nuggets. God that makes me sound like an old man, I'm only bloody 25 :o

Racist ****er :laugh:

It has came to my attention that you have made a correlation between ethnic minorities and poo.

Bad Reindeer!

It has came to my attention that you have made a correlation between ethnic minorities and poo.

Bad Reindeer!

Oh right and what correlation was it you had made with Massa's clientale and poo ?;)

Patrick Bateman
Forgot about Cab Vol, love that place.

Used to be a fan, but the last time I was there my mate was chucked for "making too much noise" (He wasn't) and it's supposed to be a drum n bass club ffs! Aside from that, the atmosphere was a little too edgy and it's also a bit of a sausagefest most of the time too :(

I have recently been into Opium which is rancid, Le Monde which is hysterically up it's own arse and the less said about the Opal lounge and Espionage, the better. Edinburgh's collective music scene is an embarrassment.

Massa is definitely closing - It was pretty awful anyway!

Worst club in Edinburgh is Stereo.

Dont have ANYTHING good to say about the place.

Used to be a fan, but the last time I was there my mate was chucked for "making too much noise" (He wasn't) and it's supposed to be a drum n bass club ffs! Aside from that, the atmosphere was a little too edgy and it's also a bit of a sausagefest most of the time too :(

I have recently been into Opium which is rancid, Le Monde which is hysterically up it's own arse and the less said about the Opal lounge and Espionage, the better. Edinburgh's collective music scene is an embarrassment.

How can you make too much noise in a club?! :eek:

I'm just a sucker for sweaty, trampy, tiny clubs where your feet stick to the ground. They tend to have a better atmosphere and keep away the posing prats with the Riordan skunk heeds.

How I miss Liquid Room.

The Picture House is Edinburghs only hope. They have attracted fairly reasonable acts so fair and my sources say they are in the process of getting a club license.

I'm surprised you lowered yourself to the depths of Opium, TBH. Unusual for a man who holds himself in such high esteem.

Patrick Bateman
I'm surprised you lowered yourself to the depths of Opium, TBH. Unusual for a man who holds himself in such high esteem.

I'm astonished that you're able to string sentences together given your scant level of education, but hey, everyone loves surprises! :laugh:

I'm astonished that you're able to string sentences together given your scant level of education, but hey, everyone loves surprises! :laugh:

My scant level of education still ensures that i can spell 'relevant'.

Keep w****** over my Bebo, you creep. :mw_rolleyes:

Patrick Bateman
My scant level of education still ensures that i can spell 'relevant'.

Keep w****** over my Bebo, you creep. :mw_rolleyes:

Cool, my words of the day are "meaningless" and "jobsworth" :laugh:

Now, stop cyber-stalking me, you beast.

Cool, my words of the day are "meaningless" and "jobsworth" :laugh:

Now, stop cyber-stalking me, you beast.

Cyber-stalking?

That's rich from the man who creeps on my Bebo like a sex offender (wouldn't be surprised TBH), yet refuses to post his own Bebo address.

Total coward.

For the record, my words for today are 'lubricant' and 'bebo'.

Patrick Bateman
Cyber-stalking?

That's rich from the man who creeps on my Bebo like a sex offender (wouldn't be surprised TBH), yet refuses to post his own Bebo address.

Total coward.

For the record, my words for today are 'lubricant' and 'bebo'.

Seeing as I'm not an adolescent ned whose idea of a holiday is a couple of weeks in Benidorm, I haven't, nor will I ever, sign up to Bebo. I'd question someone accusing someone else of being a "sex offender" particularly when they post near-naked pictures of themselves on a site which is populated by young teenagers. Very odd behaviour indeed.

I am on a social networking site, but I only allow friends to see it because I'm not interested in prostituting my midget frame, beer belly and "bants" to folk who don't give a toss. If you leave yourself open to ridicule (as you so often do) then you'll find it'll come more often than not.

Seeing as I'm not an adolescent ned whose idea of a holiday is a couple of weeks in Benidorm, I haven't, nor will I ever, sign up to Bebo. I'd question someone accusing someone else of being a "sex offender" particularly when they post near-naked pictures of themselves on a site which is populated by young teenagers. Very odd behaviour indeed.

I am on a social networking site, but I only allow friends to see it because I'm not interested in prostituting my midget frame, beer belly and "bants" to folk who don't give a toss. If you leave yourself open to ridicule (as you so often do) then you'll find it'll come more often than not.

For all the outsiders, Odysseus is now becoming a bit paranoid that he's been billed as a creep. He has a previous of posting pics from my Bebo, you see.

Let me explain some of his points:

- The 'Benidorm' holiday he is referring to was actually an end of S6 holiday to Magalluf in 2006. Ofcourse, he'll be used to sun-drenched cruises in the Carribean.

- His point about 'near naked' relates to two photos (from a collection of around 100) which he has, oddly, focused on from my Albums. Seems he's been drawn to these pictures in particular? Bit strange.

- He dwells on the fact that the site is 'populated' by teenagers. Which i, ofcourse, still am. No problems there.

I am in no way a ned, and would be happy to supply my add to anyone. It seems Odysseus is vastly out of touch with the younger population. However, he has got a Degree, which would probably make him a far more righteous human being than i will ever be.

Still, it's something to aspire to.

Patrick Bateman
For all the outsiders, Odysseus is now becoming a bit paranoid that he's been billed as a creep. He has a previous of posting pics from my Bebo, you see.

Let me explain some of his points:

- The 'Benidorm' holiday he is referring to was actually an end of S6 holiday to Magalluf in 2006. Ofcourse, he'll be used to sun-drenched cruises in the Carribean.

- His point about 'near naked' relates to two photos (from a collection of around 100) which he has, oddly, focused on from my Albums. Seems he's been drawn to these pictures in particular? Bit strange.

- He dwells on the fact that the site is 'populated' by teenagers. Which i, ofcourse, still am. No problems there.

I am in no way a ned, and would be happy to supply my add to anyone. It seems Odysseus is vastly out of touch with the younger population. However, he has got a Degree, which would probably make him a far more righteous human being than i will ever be.

Still, it's something to aspire to.

Two degrees, actually. You could do with some medicine to control that raging inferiority complex, btw.

Two degrees, actually. You could do with some medicine to control that raging inferiority complex, btw.

Apologies, two degrees. Well done, that's a genuine achievement. Now, move on, find a female (male?) companion.

Glad you enjoyed the scantily clad photos, though.

How can you make too much noise in a club?! :eek:

I'm just a sucker for sweaty, trampy, tiny clubs where your feet stick to the ground. They tend to have a better atmosphere and keep away the posing prats with the Riordan skunk heeds.

How I miss Liquid Room.

The Picture House is Edinburghs only hope. They have attracted fairly reasonable acts so fair and my sources say they are in the process of getting a club license.

The Hive it is then! Its sometimes not too bad, cheap bevvy and decent tunes as well. Always crammed with talent, and not the god-awful orange-skinned, white-hair types.

Shanghai, Why Not, Espionage, Stereo, Cav, Subway, City and Massa.

That leave anything?

My favourite clubs are currently Citrus, Faith and The Hive. Although that is only because they have Indie nights and I would happily admit that the places themselves are in fact **** holes.

The Hive it is then! Its sometimes not too bad, cheap bevvy and decent tunes as well. Always crammed with talent, and not the god-awful orange-skinned, white-hair types.

You get a really good mix of people in The Hive which I quite like. Plus me and the lads seem to always occupy the seats right beside the middle bar where we pretty much spend all of the night talking pish and getting hammered - whilst Chris spews on himself and T-Bash gets too ****ed that he ceases to make any sort of logical sense.

The Hive is full of boring ugly people who are trying ever hard to be alternative by not washing regularly and hugging each other.

Shanghai, Why Not, Espionage, Stereo, Cav, Subway, City and Massa.

That leave anything?

My favourite clubs are currently Citrus, Faith and The Hive. Although that is only because they have Indie nights and I would happily admit that the places themselves are in fact **** holes.

Whats wrong with Shanghi?

Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with not liking it as I am aware it is fairly hit or miss at times - you really have to go on the right night.

I like the place, just interested to see why others perhaps dont rate it....

I used to hammer it friday, saturday and sunday back in the days of Berties!

I guess I've just grown out of it. You're only 21 though - you've got at least 4 years of caining it left I'd say! :tongue:

used to go to berties every sunday night it was mental but never saw much trouble. first club i ever heard RATM and the place went mad

Archived