6 weeks on...No Update!

Cliffundo

Updated or find out when it happens  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Updated or find out when it happens

• Updated throughout the process
    • Find out when it happens

6 weeks on from the announcement and we have heard nothing else, with regards to the search for a manager.

Would you like to be kept updated throughout the proccess of appointing a new manager or would you rather wait till the club are ready to make an announcement?

Personally I would rather be kept up to date throughout the stages of the appointment.

Cardiac Rucksack
6 weeks on from the announcement and we have heard nothing else, with regards to the search for a manager.

Would you like to be kept updated throughout the proccess of appointing a new manager or would you rather wait till the club are ready to make an announcement?

Personally I would rather be kept up to date throughout the stages of the appointment.

Vlad should phone you personally and you can keep us updated.:P

Is this the type of thread to replace the "4days 12hrs 32 minutes and we have no manager or new players" threads.

Since when did January have 5 weeks in it?

6 weeks on from the announcement and we have heard nothing else' date=' with regards to the search for a manager.

Since when did January have 5 weeks in it?

Give or take a few days m8... we are past week 5 so technicaly give or take a baw hair ...6 weeks would be fine :)

Harry Kinnear

I'd like to be updated as a counter to the rumour mill (which is fun) but I'd like to surprised when a giant of the football world steps on the park at Riccarton in June to start pre season......

I say June as this season is a write off

I'll let you off then.

I'd just prefer they told us who it was so they could get him/(her??) in and start getting the job done.

I'll let you off then.

I'd just prefer they told us who it was so they could get him/(her??) in and start getting the job done.

yeah!.... but what if it is mark mcghee... that would explain the silence. hearts would not want to be done for tapping him... or Motherwell might have agreed a fee and do not want to out mcghee as a turn coat after recent events, so have agreed to let him leave in the summer, which would be damaged limitation for all concerned. plus ell can look for a new gaffer in the meantime.

hope it is mcghee:)

I'd like to be updated as a counter to the rumour mill (which is fun) but I'd like to surprised when a giant of the football world steps on the park at Riccarton in June to start pre season......

I say June as this season is a write off

You mean like a really fat head coach?

yeah!.... but what if it is mark mcghee... that would explain the silence. hearts would not want to be done for tapping him... or Motherwell might have agreed a fee and do not want to out mcghee as a turn coat after recent events, so have agreed to let him leave in the summer, which would be damaged limitation for all concerned. plus ell can look for a new gaffer in the meantime.

hope it is mcghee:)

The McGhee situation is a bit different due to the goings on at Motherwell. If it is him then yes, I think something should be made known. However, I took it from your first post that you wanted an update on how many people have been interviewed/expressed an interest/applied etc. I'm not too bothered about that side of things.

The McGhee situation is a bit different due to the goings on at Motherwell. If it is him then yes, I think something should be made known. However, I took it from your first post that you wanted an update on how many people have been interviewed/expressed an interest/applied etc. I'm not too bothered about that side of things.

That is the angle I was comming from, I like the way the SFA done the scotland job. There was a timescal and a selection process which keeps all interested parties upto date!

As for MM, if he is the new manager.... then I can understand the silence. its just frustrating though!

That is the angle I was comming from, I like the way the SFA done the scotland job. There was a timescal and a selection process which keeps all interested parties upto date!

As for MM, if he is the new manager.... then I can understand the silence. its just frustrating though!

Maybe i've just resigned myself to getting no info like this from our current board. I guess it doesn't help when our directors seem to have more important business elsewhere to attend to first of all.

rudi must stay

voted find out what happens. Last time we got told there was a new man who was 'working incognito' and nothing happened, that's the sort of updates from Hearts usually as well :mad:

Didn't bother me erse voting. I'm past caring about it TBH. We get several 'updates' on here in the form of ludicrous rumours. It doesn't matter if we are constantly updated or have a surprise on the horizon, we already know that Stevie Frail/ Vladimir Romanov is going to be our next 'Manager'

rudi must stay
Didn't bother me erse voting. I'm past caring about it TBH. We get several 'updates' on here in the form of ludicrous rumours. It doesn't matter if we are constantly updated or have a surprise on the horizon, we already know that Stevie Frail/ Vladimir Romanov is going to be our next 'Manager'

don't think he will. If he was the new manager surely he would have brought in some new players ;)

I voted to be updated, as I enjoy the constant lies.

Maybe it is attitudes like that that have led Hearts to not updating us

voted find out what happens. Last time we got told there was a new man who was 'working incognito' and nothing happened, that's the sort of updates from Hearts usually as well :mad:

well, the poll is quite even , so.... mix bunch of peeps and views

Guest JamboRobbo

I don't think we need updated or to cause speculation, but I do think a simple statement along the lines of

We're still looking for a manager as described in the Jan 1st statement. Whilst this process is taking longer than we had hoped, we can assure you that it is still happening. Your patience in this matter is appreciated, and allows us time to find the right man rather than rush into an appointment.

would be simple to put out on the website, and would re-assure most of us that the manager situation is gonna be sorted......

I don't think we need updated or to cause speculation, but I do think a simple statement along the lines of

would be simple to put out on the website, and would re-assure most of us that the manager situation is gonna be sorted......

Considering half the bumff we get on the website, a statement like the above would be very welcome. I would also regard that as an update of sorts which would assure everyone they are on the case..

Guest JamboRobbo
Considering half the bumff we get on the website, a statement like the above would be very welcome. I would also regard that as an update of sorts which would assure everyone they are on the case..

Exactly. This would re-assure people.

And given the amount of ****e we've been through the past 2 years, I don't think a wee bit of re-assurance is much to ask for.....

I don't think we need to be updated as all they would say is "We are still looking", "We are getting closer", "We are doing interviews".

As long as when they do announce something they have stuck to their promise. I will be delighted.

Guest JamboRobbo
I don't think we need to be updated as all they would say is "We are still looking", "We are getting closer", "We are doing interviews".

As long as when they do announce something they have stuck to their promise. I will be delighted.

And if they haven't?

I'd rather we were given updates as we're going along so that at least expectations are realistic, and it also re-assures people that things are progressing.

And if they haven't?

I'd rather we were given updates as we're going along so that at least expectations are realistic, and it also re-assures people that things are progressing.

If they haven't?

Well I don't think I will be the only one who is disappointed to say the least. And I think then would be the appropriate time for some sort of action.

Hold on in post #22 (I think) you said we don't need to be updated?

Although the occasional reassurance from Vlad would be helpful if the searching goes on for another while.

And if they haven't?

I liked the way the SFA carried things out with the Scotland post!

They had a period where they obviously looked at who they would want.

Then they had a meeting where they discussed the pro and cons of each potential appointment. this led them to the shortlist and then interviews, then the appointment of George Burley.

The gave us updates at each of these stages, which I thought was really informative and re-assuring that the process was under way and they were making progress with the appointment!

If only HMFC had half a clue! We would be singing their praises too!

VR has a lot to learn when it comes to communicating with the life and soul of the club.....the fans!

Think the reason we've heard nothing is because they are doing nothing :sad:

they are either doing nothing....or have concluded a deal...I would love to think they have a done deal in the bag!.....but I am just not that optomistic!

Guest JamboRobbo
If they haven't?

Well I don't think I will be the only one who is disappointed to say the least. And I think then would be the appropriate time for some sort of action.

Hold on in post #22 (I think) you said we don't need to be updated?

I don't think we need to know the details. But an update (it has been nearly 6 weeks after all) assuring us that they are still looking etc would certainly make me feel a lot more at ease.

Although the occasional reassurance from Vlad would be helpful if the searching goes on for another while.

Thats all I'm after. A wee update on the website, confirming that we still plan to do what we said we were gonna do on Jan 1st.....

I don't think it's much to ask after so long has elapsed since the original statment with out any perceivable action to follow up on the words.......

Hearts will be keeping supporters abreast of the latest managerial appointment status using a simple colour-coded scale developed by the finest minds in America:

2000431793326368991_rs.jpg

Guest JamboRobbo
Hearts will be keeping supporters abreast of the latest managerial appointment status using a simple colour-coded scale developed by the finest minds in America:

quality. :)

haha :)

Vlad was in there :nooo:

Whilst I do not think there is a need for a statement, since many will just say they are lies, perhaps this is a good idea - but the possible problem would be that the usual suspects may just say we are using it simply to delay admitting the job is Frail's.

The Real Maroonblood

:greggs_logo: understands that a new manager will be annouced on the 1st April. What year that will be is not clear.

Lord haw Haw still lives.

Think the reason we've heard nothing is because they are doing nothing :sad:

Correct. I for one will be amazed if we ever get a decent manager. Shaggy will continue until at least the summer and then when next season starts we will still be looking for the "right" man. Can't understand why VR bought the club. No way is he asset stripping, so why bother? The only thing I can thinlk off ( yes I have said it before) is he is waiting for the new stand( if it ever gets started). Tynie is full most games so there is no way he can increase revenue. So why invest money if we already have a full house? IF( when) the stand is built then manager and players will come in to try and get the stand filled. Well that's it for what it's worth.

Guest JamboRobbo
Whilst I do not think there is a need for a statement, since many will just say they are lies, perhaps this is a good idea - but the possible problem would be that the usual suspects may just say we are using it simply to delay admitting the job is Frail's.

Well, I guess you'd probably consider me one of those "usual suspects" you talk of. i don't think the "usual suspects" are being unreasonable on this one.

The way I see it, there are only two possibilities here. Either

a) They still intend to do what they said on Jan 1st

OR

B) they don't.

I hope they are going to carry out what they said they would on Jan 1st, (i.e. apppoint an experienced manager with experience of management in british game).

Giving the job to Frail, regardless of when they do it, would mean going back on what they said Jan 1st.

If they still do intent to do what they said on Jan 1st, then I think a statement would reassure those like myself who just about still believe things when they are stated clearly on the club website without any mention of monkeys or traitors.

On the other hand, after the statement that was issued, to not carry out what they said on Jan 1st would (in my book at least) remove any last bit of trust I have in statements coming out of our football club.

siegementality

Six weeks down the line and Romanov, if you believe the press, now wants McGhee. What happened to the "quality applicants" who had applied?.

Six weeks down the line and Romanov, if you believe the press, now wants McGhee. What happened to the "quality applicants" who had applied?.

I would take him m8.... I know what you are saying... but right now...Mcghee is quality considering the alternatives.

I would love to see a Manager who has actually won things join us. somone who has got a history of turning clubs around from the bottom up.

lets face it, I think even the youth system needs looking into, especialy when we have only brought through a couple of youngsters who apart from Eggy, just do not look like cutting it!

siegementality
I would take him m8.... I know what you are saying... but right now...Mcghee is quality considering the alternatives.

I would love to see a Manager who has actually won things join us. somone who has got a history of turning clubs around from the bottom up.

lets face it, I think even the youth system needs looking into, especialy when we have only brought through a couple of youngsters who apart from Eggy, just do not look like cutting it!

I really can't see McGhee coming to Hearts. This process is taking far too long.

It is not about finding the "right man" IMO, it's about finding the "right man" who can work for Romanov and that is entirely different.

Don't mention the youth system mate, we've signed the cream of European talent don't you know!.

Archived