CHEAT!

lambojambo

Couldn't believe the "it's all part of the game" attitude from the player and TV pundits after Prunty pushed the ball in to the net last night!

The guy CHEATED pure and simple! Much like Boyd's dive against Falkirk these incidents are swept under the carpet!

I shudder to think what would have happened if one of our Lithuanians scored in this fashion!!!:eek:

Said this on another thread. They were calling him an honest Scottish laddie ect. Not once did they say, Oh! that was cheating of the highest order and not what we want in Scottish football.They even interveiwed him and were laughing at his attempts to justify his actions.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Said this on another thread. They were calling him an honest Scottish laddie ect. Not once did they say, Oh! that was cheating of the highest order and not what we want in Scottish football.They even interveiwed him and were laughing at his attempts to justify his actions.

To be fair, I think the reaction may have been slightly different had Ayr gone on to win. Of course, that doesn't make it right.

Prunty cheated and the end result was that the referee was conned and a goal was scored. His team went on to lose the game 3-1.

In what way is that any different from the following scenario?

Miko cheated and the end result was that the referee was conned and a goal was scored. His team went on to lose the game 3-1.

Answers on a postcard to the SFA.

What I heard when I watched the game was Provan and the other guy saying that neither the ref or the linesman were in position to see the contact of the hand to the ball. In this case when no official saw the action was the player supposed to approach the officials and tell them it was no goal because he put it in with his hand. I stand to be corrected but I suspect to do that would be a first.

Good honest scottish laddie

it's the ultimate irony that the well used phrase "honest scottish laddie" is in itself, thoroughly dishonest.

At least with a dive some players argue that they are just trying to avoid getting injured, jumping like a brown trout some might say, but that handball was just plain cheating, unless he's claiming he was trying to protect his face!

What I heard when I watched the game was Provan and the other guy saying that neither the ref or the linesman were in position to see the contact of the hand to the ball. In this case when no official saw the action was the player supposed to approach the officials and tell them it was no goal because he put it in with his hand. I stand to be corrected but I suspect to do that would be a first.

And what about the 2 dummies sitting in the studio. The guy CHEATED big time but it was dealt with as a joke, as if Prunty was a bit of a Jack the Lad!

I found his smirking face at half time with his "sometimes they go for ye" comment ridiculous!

No witch hunt by Chico, Provan, Smith, Traynor, etc, who would have been baying for blood if a Hearts player had been involved!

Miller Jambo 60
At least with a dive some players argue that they are just trying to avoid getting injured, jumping like a brown trout some might say, but that handball was just plain cheating, unless he's claiming he was trying to protect his face!

I never cheated when i played.

Aye right , anything to win i done it.:laugh:

And all that rubbish about play the game for the enjoyment and not the winning.

Only losers say that.

But he's a guid, honest Scottish cheat - and that's okay!!!

As for these bad, dishonest Lithuanian cheats . . . ???

Paranoid?

Para Handy, more like!!!

alwaysthereinspirit
Prunty cheated and the end result was that the referee was conned and a goal was scored. His team went on to lose the game 3-1.

In what way is that any different from the following scenario?

Miko cheated and the end result was that the referee was conned and a goal was scored. His team went on to lose the game 3-1.

Answers on a postcard to the SFA.

Dont forget the most important point of the Scottish media/SFA witch hunt. Miko was banned for two games after the fact even though he was never cautioned at the game for diving.

Surely the SFA in following their own rule of thumb will ban this honest Scottish laddie now that there is the video evidence.

Gordon Smith we await with bated breath your condemnation of this cheating bar steward. :laugh:

MacDonald Jardine

No, he wasn't supposed to do it in the first place.

Or is handball good honest Scottish cheating?

Fact is players will always seek to gain an advantage any way they can. It's just that some acts are accepted and other aren't so much, and even within that diving by some players is accepted.

we didn't complain about maradonna did we? we still love him...

but that's clearly beside the point, i just wanted to add that in for giggles

the points people are making about the media and the SFA are absolutely spot on, had it been a foreigner, especially a lithuanian hearts player, there would have been uproar

Archived