Webster - Waste of Money

WASTREL

This article caught my eye today. Especially since I share his direct views about an ex-Hearts player I used to enjoy watching.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/comment/columnists/sport-columnists/mark-hately/2009/01/22/what-a-waste-of-money-86908-21060488/

Player walks out on Hearts : no big deal.

Player sits on erse at Hunbrox on big money contract : not acceptable. Article required in Daily Reatrd to highlight this.

Did Hateley get SDM's permission to write the article ?

I couldn't care less about Webster , he's history but it says a lot about Rangers that they can't get him motivated to play again. If Rangers are that ****ed off with him and his lack of effort why not cancel his contract and refuse to pay him.

Finally , can anyone really imagine Mark Hateley playing in ANY team managed by Arsene Wenger.

I know 100% that he left Hearts with the intention to go to Rangers. That's what makes him even more of a trator.

As someone above said, I hope his career goes nowhere and he drains ?2m from Rangers. Karma for Rangers.

I think Rangers have had a fair bit of Karma already. Our reserve team from Kaunus kicked them out of Europe and lost them millions which no doubt is a big factor in their current (alleged) financial problems. Webster has lost out big style and will take a while, if ever, to recover. That leaves Duddy: now if I were a club chairman I wouldn't touch this guy's players with a bargepole and if I did take any, I would ensure the contract is as crystal clear and watertight as is legally possible.

I assume Hateley has inside info on Webster?s attitude..However, a couple of things struck me on reading this article:

• If Webster is on 500K pa then that is 10K pw which is what he was being offered at Tynecastle, so I guess it was not the money that made him go to Rangers. It may now be the reason he is staying after his run of injuries...

• I wonder what the fans and management at Monaco thought of Hateley and would think of this article? Here was a guy who took their money whilst injured for 2 years then jumped ship. Sure they "saved" in having him off the payroll but that is only because Rangers wanted him. The difference with the OF is that they entice players with big money and really don?t have a leg to stand on if the player cannot earn the same elsewhere, no other club wants these guys, and therefore the players decide to take the cash...

Clubs choose to pay silly amounts for kicking a ball around so they cannot complain if players take the money, and sorry but neither can fans, especially the "We deserve better" crew at Ibrox...

Son Of Anarchy
Sure I'd take him back too, as long as we could blindfold him, take him out the back and shoot him. The man's a complete tool.

WELL SAID! Hes a scrote and i hope he fails in whatever he decides to do, except perhaps in bankrupting the huns:tongue: GIRUP Webster :P

PS Theres no way Hately wrote that article without the consent of ibrox godfathers Smith/murray

Kinda of shatters the "Webster was an honest young player who got shafted by Romanov" spin!

True - but you will never get some on here to accept that.

Hately is a arsepiece of the first order. A dirty elbowing cheat as a player and since then a pimp for Rangers. Apart from that his dress sense is minging!!

You have to admit Webster is a great advert for the rule he used. How many will follow and use this rule, knowing how long it took him to finally get the chance to play and knowing you may well be past your best by that time.

It has been suggested that if Arshavin does not get his move this window that he would exploit the Webster loophole in the summer.

It has been suggested that if Arshavin does not get his move this window that he would exploit the Webster loophole in the summer.

Never heard this, but I can imagine the press and " big" club uproar should it happen.

Drylaw Hearts
Never heard this, but I can imagine the press and " big" club uproar should it happen.

Let's be honest......

If A.N. Other from Barnet FC had used this loophole prior to Webster do you think Hearts or Hearts fans would have batted an eyelid ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Let's be honest......

If A.N. Other from Barnet FC had used this loophole prior to Webster do you think Hearts or Hearts fans would have batted an eyelid ?

You could argue that Jean-Marc Bosman fell into that category.

Archived