Robbo

Ryan Gosling

One of his posts

best moments breaking hearts scoring record as my dad was massiuve hearts fan and never saw me play lifting scottish cup and winning title with ICT scotland debut all great feelings

best goal first ever goal v hibs in premier league was up there

kind regards

robbo

Caley Thistle Fans Forum _ ICT _ John Robertson (Robbo)

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 01:43 PM

Hi Gentleman and ladies of course,

i am exactly who it says on the side and i would be more than happy to answer all questions any fan of Inverness Caedonian Thistle would like to put forward to me to avoid any doubt over anything that you have been speculating over regarding fitness, tactics ,rumours ,assistants anything football orientated things you see as success or failure i am happy to answer whatever i can and you will be getting it straight from the horse s mouth so to speak.This will hopefully give you the real facts and truths behind my career to date should you so wish.

Thank you

Kind regards

John Robertson

Posted by: The Mantis Dec 12 2008, 01:51 PM

Who was your best mate at primary school?

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 02:01 PM

Hi Mantis

My best mate was David Bowman ex Dundee Utd i went to Parsons Green Primary Portobello High School have 4 sisters 2 brothers one(CHRIS) exRangers player.

Will that do ?as said just been reading a lot of speculation and hear say on the site and just felt it was time to put things straight i have nothing to hide and will answer all relevant questions asked no heard from a friend or a contact

Ask away

John

Posted by: The Mantis Dec 12 2008, 02:07 PM

Well, well, well.......

Fancy coming in the away end tomorrow?

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 02:12 PM

Hi Mantis

Would love to but my duties take me to Dingwall and the County V Livingston game so i wont be able to participate on this occasion but thank you for that and will maybe take the official bus to an away game one day but hope you will sing your heart out tomorrow as usual i do know it is well appreciated.

regards

John or is it ok if Robbo John far to formal

Posted by: Pele_Is_God Dec 12 2008, 02:17 PM

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 02:29 PM

Hi Pele is god

You seemed concerned over my 'fitness routines' is there anything you would like to know? As i said i am happy to answer any of your questions regarding any football matter as it would be interesting for me to hear your take on the training we gave Hearts as you seem to be quite certain that there was a problem with the fitness they had?

I am happy to answer anything

kind regards

Robbo

Posted by: Pele_Is_God Dec 12 2008, 02:33 PM

It's all rumours I guess, I think it was being compared to the management team before you. I have no insight myself. You are still responsible for the best day of my life and your emotion on the day showed how much you care for our club, so I'm grateful for that memory.

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 02:42 PM

Hi Peleis god

Yes i was a tad emotional that day myself(and the sunday)

Thats why i have at long last decided to come online and answer any questions or concerns you may have this way you can be sure it is the truth as i have nothing to hide at all i see myself as a very honest football person,

Hearts had a fitness coach who had a specific way of training there players Donald and joined in the Nov and decide we would continue with this programme and assess it ahead of the following season as we also assesed the players and would decice then what fitness programme would be used Hearts had Uefa cup matches reached the semi final of both CIS and Scottish Cups so there was only basic fitness required had we remained we would have worked with the fitness coach to implement the best of his and our ideas to make sure the squad were as fit as possible.

Kind regards

John

Posted by: alimci Dec 12 2008, 02:45 PM

Robbo, great to see you on the board, and I just wish I could see you in the dugout again.

Thanks for making the time to visit.

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 02:45 PM

Robbo

When are we going to get that pint

Posted by: Pele_Is_God Dec 12 2008, 02:47 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. My family have season tickets for Hearts, they always say you were harshly treated by VR.

Posted by: RednBlackComeback Dec 12 2008, 02:48 PM

Robbo, what was it you did/said that upset D Sutherland so much?

Posted by: CaleyD Dec 12 2008, 02:52 PM

Thought it better to split this off onto a separate topic.

Also, for the removal of any doubt, the man is who he says he is.

Posted by: ajsict92 Dec 12 2008, 02:53 PM

Robbo are you looking to get back into managment?

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 02:56 PM

Hi alimac

No problem as said happy to answer all and any questions within reason just wanted to let people know the truth from myself as i see my self a fully fledged Inverniessian through residential rights (6years)

rednblackcomeback

I really wish i could answer that one as ihave no idea as to what it could be.i only met Mr Sutherland twice once at his offices over a dispute with the club and courier and second at Tony (rip) the bus drivers funeral on both occassions not a bad word said.So i honestly dont have answer

stevico

Any time mate just let me know as we still have to wet your lovely young daughter's head xx

kind regards

Robbo

Posted by: Scotty Dec 12 2008, 03:01 PM

Welcome to the boards Robbo. It is nice to see you here and I am sure you won't get too much of a hard time.

We have talked about this in the chatroom on a matchday for a few weeks now, but I would just like to congratulate you on your "open-all-mics" performance. We dont always get to listen to the actual commentary stream from ICT games over here due to media rights, so when that happens, its open all mics for myself and a sizeable number of ex-pats dotted around the globe. I and the others have enjoyed your obvious passion for ICT when doing our games, and also how you stick up for both Inverness and ICT when some of the others try to spout the usual stereotypical bull**** about the Highlands (like the A9 woes the other week, or the frozen pitch crap).

Posted by: ajsict92 Dec 12 2008, 03:03 PM

I think the reason people say that Robbo neglected fitness is when Brewster was appointed first time he told Barry Wilson to lose weight and as i recall he didn't play for about a month and when he came back i remember noticing he had shed alot and scored that curler against Dunfermline. I also remember reading in the papers saying Brewster banned the players from having Beer or Chips.

I still agree with those saying we need a NEW manager. Has fresh ideas and someone that will demand the players respect.

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 03:05 PM

Given that we have a full squad, no injuries or suspensions how would you set up the team for the next home game against aberdeen

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 03:08 PM

Yes i am certainly looking to get back into management

That is my long term aim unfortunatly it is a business that is cut throat and you have to wait for someone else to lose their job it is nice to see that boards this season have not sacked anyone to quickly and have given their managers some time although it is frustrating waiting .

however i have put my time to good use and have made some great contacts in Europe and Usa for future use as well as taking a sports psychology course online and watching lots of games.Also been doing some forward coaching and been helping two premier league players with advice on the above aspects as well as radio scotland so been keeping busy awaiting the possible return to management.also main job is ambasssador/business development manager at Orion .

kind regrds

robbo

Posted by: Scotty Dec 12 2008, 03:15 PM

QUOTE (johnrobertson @ Dec 12 2008, 10:08 AM)

have made some great contacts in Europe and Usa for future use

Please don't say Mo !!!!

Posted by: CaleyD Dec 12 2008, 03:16 PM

QUOTE (stevico1 @ Dec 12 2008, 03:05 PM)

Given that we have a full squad, no injuries or suspensions how would you set up the team for the next home game against aberdeen

You talking hypothetically? as we have McGuire only just back to training and chances are Duff will miss tomorrow with a throat infection and Tokely still suspended.

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 03:16 PM

Hi Scotty

I love the open all mics concept it keeps you up to date on everything that happens instantly and is very good fun but informative.As said earlier having been here 6 years i to despair at the comments on the A9 etc and try to put the point across as well as i can.On ICT yes i am a fan and want whats best for the club we have ahd problem in past about accepting that big city clubs are better than us but sorry i dont buy in to that you hav to BELEIVE your netter or you will not improve you cannot accept second best or you will be.Its just the way i am passionate want to be the best want to be a winner.

Next club that employs me going to get an improved more mature but still passonate john robertson

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 03:18 PM

QUOTE (CaleyD @ Dec 12 2008, 03:16 PM)

QUOTE (stevico1 @ Dec 12 2008, 03:05 PM)

You talking hypothetically? as we have McGuire only just back to training and chances are Duff will miss tomorrow with a throat infection and Tokely still suspended.

Yes just bascially looking for what robbo thinks is our strongest formation at home from current squad

Posted by: CaleyD Dec 12 2008, 03:20 PM

And I should learn to read posts in full....the "next home game against Aberdeen" didn't register before I replied

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 03:21 PM

No Scotty

Its not Mo i have been working away with a contact on the posssibilty of setting up a feeder club in the usa that would allow all the best young players to be brought over to the club for trials and assessment in my mind the usa is a huge potential area and one i would encourage my next club to get involved in.

As regards team selection i dont think it is very fair to ask that as i am not the manager of the team

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 03:32 PM

QUOTE (johnrobertson @ Dec 12 2008, 03:21 PM)

No Scotty

Its not Mo i have been working away with a contact on the posssibilty of setting up a feeder club in the usa that would allow all the best young players to be brought over to the club for trials and assessment in my mind the usa is a huge potential area and one i would encourage my next club to get involved in.

As regards team selection i dont think it is very fair to ask that as i am not the manager of the team

kind regards

robbo

Fair comment robbo fully understand that

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 03:33 PM

Hi ajsict92

Can i just confirm that Donald and i did not neglect fitness in anyway shape or form when we first came in we fitness tested the players (jan03)at the end of that season we gave them more fitness tests(bleep test+interval running) and a programme for pre season break.

14 players came back with improved results with only 4 achieving top levels the following season(spl) all squad players improved with 9 achieving top levels.There was nothing wrong with their fitness and we installed a siege mentality because we had to play at that time all home games in aberdeen we employed the 4-5-1 formation with Juanjo in behind but told roy AND barry they had to attack 1st at all times.

The board the fans the players backed our vision and it resulted in sucess the board deserve tremendous credit as it was huge gamble and financial layout

kind regrds

robbo

Posted by: caley100 Dec 12 2008, 03:39 PM

Hi John,

Great to have you here!

Would you in your opinion put a lot of the defensive problems with ICT on the lack of a replacement for Dods?

Seems to me we have struggled defensively for a while and the current encumbant of the hot seat is playing players there who cnst do the job well.

Posted by: CaleyD Dec 12 2008, 03:42 PM

Think it's unfair to be asking Robbo question about the current team and which players should or should not be at the club/playing or whatever.

He's kindly come on to post to clear up a few "myths" regarding what he did as a manager, both at ICT and afterwards at other clubs, so I think we should keep questions and discussion to that instead of trying to put him on the spot about the current issues/problems/difficulties at ICT.

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 03:48 PM

Hi Caley100

I would not put it down to any one player but there is no doubt that we are certainly missing his type of prescense and its only when they have gone you realise how good they were, it was also frustrating to se him sit in the stands one row in front of me.I think the loss of Dods Dargo Wyness Bayne all experienced players has more relevance and you have to rebuild at some time with the demise of Gretne last year would have been the ideal time to do this.A manager s job is laced with difficult decisions of when or not to release players and when to blood youngsters and i can assure no one at the club is not trying to get the best players keep the best players.

kind regrdsrobbo

Posted by: RednBlackComeback Dec 12 2008, 03:55 PM

All the best with finding a management position Robbo. Hope you get back into it very soon.

PS When you do get back into management, who would you choose as your assistant? ....For instance do you think Barry Wilson would make a good coach?

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 03:57 PM

Thank you CaleyD

I WANT TO BE AS OPEN AND HONEST AS POSSIBLE

My plan was quite simple win promotion as i beleived and still do that the potential Inverness has as a club as a city as business element and future growth suppourt is huge.

Donald and i had a 5 year plan to achieve the following

1.Promotion 2.Win a cup 3.Reach top 6 4.play in europe 5.get a youth set up in place to nurture the cream of the highlnds from Perth to the islands

we recruited Danny MacDonald for this and he has done a brilliant job in this department and we are already seing the benefit of this with the youngsters breaking through this will continue and Danny and his staff should be applauded for this work which is vital to the long term success of the club.

It will stand the club in good stead

kind regrds

robbo

Posted by: Kirishima Dec 12 2008, 04:01 PM

Hi Robbo.

As a striker (and a damned good one at that) do you agree with Alan Shearer that shooting across the goal is the way to go. How do you train strikers day to day. Is it mostly one on ones, crosses for headers or dead ball shots. ? What exactly is, as they say in the business, a natural born striker.

Great to have you here, fond fond memories.

Posted by: Wanderer Dec 12 2008, 04:02 PM

How do you feel about managers 'going back' to clubs they've previously managed? Would you like a crack at Hearts again?

Posted by: Caley Stan Dec 12 2008, 04:04 PM

Hi Robbo,

How would you rate the team spirit and work ethic of the group you worked with at ICT?

And what do you think are most important factors in fostering a spirit like that?

Posted by: FYIbirdog Dec 12 2008, 04:05 PM

http://community.caleythistleonline.com/index.php?showuser=3523

Welcome to the boards JR.

The most fun you can have on here is to get pyshed and post crap. Enjoy your time on the forum and I hope you become a regular poster here.

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 04:06 PM

Hi RednBlack

Would depend on what job that became available etc but i would say that Barry Wilson has the credentials and the charachter to be a very promising coach moving into management one day.I was lucky to cut my teth at Livingston in the reserves and like a lot of people would love to have seen Barry given a similar opportunity at ICT.i think Barry will play out this season as a player.I have huge respect for him and was delighted to get Liverpool xi for him.

As said earlier this is not an easy decision for Craig and it is always sad to see this happen to such a loyal and respected player i am sure Barry will be back sooner rather than later and i certainly would have no problem working alongside him.

kind regards

john

Posted by: caleyonup Dec 12 2008, 04:08 PM

hi robbo,

do you think donald park would be keen to return to the club if the oportunity arose or does he want to be nearer the family down south.

do you think were going to be able to attract a couple of decent experienced players in jan?

cheers

Posted by: Sir C the 3rd Dec 12 2008, 04:12 PM

Hi robbo

What is the hardest part about attracting players to Inverness and were you ever offered anyone by agents that we would think wow?

Posted by: Yngwie Dec 12 2008, 04:14 PM

Did you find that ICT's geography was a real problem in attracting players, or was it all about the wages?

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 04:19 PM

Hi Kirishma

Strikers can be very strange creatures trust me on that i beleive you have to work on all parts of their game you have to find the button that makes them work find what makes them play and then impliment it players perform with confidence especially strikers depending on position when shooting depends on where to aim but we worked extremely hard on encouraging all players to score

kind regards

robbo

Hi Wanderer

Tean spirit is paramount once you have lost respect of the players you have no chance of getting that back you must give them some sort of feedback and allow them the same they have to beleive in you.I am a great beleiver in making each player special and to let them know how much i rated them find out how to get them going individuals were talked to and it worked i also beleive that the appointment of Donald McNaughton as sports psychologist was huge and was disappointed to se him go last season.Team spirit is crucial without it self confidence and team confidence drops.

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: FYIbirdog Dec 12 2008, 04:19 PM

John,

How do you rate Andy Barrowman as a signing for ICT? Has he got the potential to give us something or do you think he is a great Division 2 player out of his depth in the SPL?

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 04:35 PM

Hi caleyonup

I cant answer for Donald though i do speak reguraly with him and lets just say never say never most managers want their own people in to work alongside them and i think this may well have been the same in this case he still holds a dep affection for the club.

SIR C THE 3RD and ymgwie

yes i think i could have wowed you with a few more signings there were more players of the stature and level of Bingham and Juanjo to come and who knows what i have up my sleeve for the future it was sleightly difficult to persuade one or two as we were paying similar wages to the central belt but that where i had to sell the style of play sell the style of football get them to want to play and express themselves and more importantly want them to play for Inverness i knew when they came they were commited.

its not all about wages for players honestly some want to enhance careers some want opportunity to play but i knew i had connections and scouts in place to get the right players.David Bingham desperately wanted to stay but was offered 4 times more than we could pay

but we managed to sign Ian Black on 3 year deal at UNDER ?300 PW he just wanted to come and play for me a said he would get his chance as said i dont buy this we are not good enough routine

we are and can be more BELEIVE

kind regards

robbo

Hi fyibirddog

As said earlier strikers can be strange creatures i saw enough of Andy last year to see he can score goals and it is a big jump to premier level.It would appear his confidence is down at moment and desperatly needs a goal but will have to play his way out of it as its the only way he needs his confidence restored

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: caleyrule Dec 12 2008, 04:42 PM

If this is the actual John Robertson (Robbo) which i think it is this is actually what we have been looking for although sadly not involved at ICT currently he seems very happy to ask sensible questions and i once approved him at an ICT an seemed a geniune character and was very happy to have a little chat before he started his Radio Scotland commentry

Robbo

If you were offered the ICT would you take it? (in the next few weeks with a bit of luck)

Michael

Posted by: johnrobertson Dec 12 2008, 04:52 PM

Hi caleyrule

Inverness have a manager therefor it is an un realistic and unfair question to ask me i would never put myself forward for a job that has a manager in place as i would not want the same to happen to myself.

kind regards

robbo

Hi everyone

I will have to call it quits for the moment but will try and come online tonight for an hour to answer anymore questions you want to get off your chests

i would like to finish this part by wishing the manager players and fans a great winning wekend

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 04:55 PM

QUOTE (johnrobertson @ Dec 12 2008, 04:52 PM)

Hi caleyrule

Inverness have a manager therefor it is an un realistic and unfair question to ask me i would never put myself forward for a job that has a manager in place as i would not want the same to happen to myself.

kind regards

robbo

Hi everyone

I will have to call it quits for the moment but will try and come online tonight for an hour to answer anymore questions you want to get off your chests

i would like to finish this part by wishing the manager players and fans a great winning wekend

kind regards

robbo

Cheers Robbo and all the best

Posted by: themann4thejob Dec 12 2008, 04:58 PM

Hey Robbo, what a legend. You made a grown man cry when you lifted the Scottish Cup, what a memory, my hero. Anyway, we have both moved on and here we are talking about Inverness in the SPL.

Do you think the current squad will avoid relegation, if so, who do you believe is favourite for the drop?

drat, too late.

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 05:10 PM

QUOTE (themann4thejob @ Dec 12 2008, 04:58 PM)

Hey Robbo, what a legend. You made a grown man cry when you lifted the Scottish Cup, what a memory, my hero. Anyway, we have both moved on and here we are talking about Inverness in the SPL.

Do you think the current squad will avoid relegation, if so, who do you believe is favourite for the drop?

drat, too late.

he seen you logging on m4tj and took of

Posted by: Kingsmills Dec 12 2008, 05:41 PM

Hello John, firstly thanks for the great joy of that promotion year and, to my mind, being instrumental in influencing the club to accept their place in the SPL.

I was impressed with the progress ICT made under your management. Steve Paterson, despite his well documented personal problems, was a hard act to follow yet, in my opinion you managed to build on his achievements very well.

Here's a hypothetical question you may not wish to answer but if Hearts were to meet ICT in the cup final who would you want to win ?

Posted by: Jambosdoitbetter Dec 12 2008, 05:46 PM

Hi Robbo

I have a quite serious question.

Who put the ball in the hibbies net?

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Jambosdoitbetter @ Dec 12 2008, 05:46 PM)

Hi Robbo

I have a quite serious question.

Who put the ball in the hibbies net?

And quite a few times as well I think

Posted by: Jambosdoitbetter Dec 12 2008, 05:50 PM

QUOTE (stevico1 @ Dec 12 2008, 05:47 PM)

And quite a few times as well I think

27 unless im mistaken

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 07:00 PM

Hi Everyone

This is robbo again sorry for change but using my good ladies laptop as mine at work and did not bring password etc back doh!!!!!!

But back online for an hour or so

No i do not think Inverness will go down this season and could be any one of a few bteams to be honest although lack of experience in some positions may need looking at

Hearts v ICT in cupfinal i really could not lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and to the jambo think 27 was answer to how many

as said back on for an hour let me know if you want anymore things answered

kind regards

robbo

ps as said all replies will be under sally sorry for confusion

Posted by: FYIbirdog Dec 12 2008, 07:05 PM

QUOTE (sally @ Dec 12 2008, 07:00 PM)

Hi Everyone

This is robbo again sorry for change but using my good ladies laptop as mine at work and did not bring password etc back doh!!!!!!

But back online for an hour or so

No i do not think Inverness will go down this season and could be any one of a few bteams to be honest although lack of experience in some positions may need looking at

Hearts v ICT in cupfinal i really could not lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and to the jambo think 27 was answer to how many

as said back on for an hour let me know if you want anymore things answered

kind regards

robbo

ps as said all replies will be under sally sorry for confusion

Better watch or Scotty will ban you on the multiple account rule

You could just log out of the Sally account and log in using the johnrobertson account, I frequently am logged in on multiple PCs.

EDIT sorry, I did not read the bit about your password, just back from a trip at sea and enjoying a few too many Strongbows after enforced abstinence.

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 07:06 PM

QUOTE (sally @ Dec 12 2008, 07:00 PM)

Hi Everyone

Glad to hear that I thought for a minute that was your wife on asking you questions robbo

Posted by: themann4thejob Dec 12 2008, 07:09 PM

Sally/John, what was your most memorable goal, and what was your most memorable footballing moment.

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 07:09 PM

Sorry

not that technical although i am getting better apologies if breaking any rules this is certainly noy my intention just hear to get any rumours myths or anything else you want to ask about ict county hearts livi or derry

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: FYIbirdog Dec 12 2008, 07:13 PM

QUOTE (sally @ Dec 12 2008, 07:09 PM)

Sorry

not that technical although i am getting better apologies if breaking any rules this is certainly noy my intention just hear to get any rumours myths or anything else you want to ask about ict county hearts livi or derry

kind regards

robbo

Just to put things right, this is a tongue in cheek smiley " " and I am just being cheeky, something I am known for around here.

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 07:14 PM

HI Stevico

hey my wife does not need to ask me any questions like most woman she already knows the answers

mannfor the job

best moments breaking hearts scoring record as my dad was massiuve hearts fan and never saw me play lifting scottish cup and winning title with ICT scotland debut all great feelings

best goal first ever goal v hibs in premier league was up there

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: CaleyD Dec 12 2008, 07:14 PM

Don't worry Robbo, I'm sure your not the only site user that slips into an alter ego when the weekend comes around.

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 07:18 PM

Robbo I know you scored against Romania while my mate popescu was marking you :o :o do you feel you got as many scottish caps as you should have

Posted by: martinskye Dec 12 2008, 07:31 PM

Hi John, hard to believe seeing someone like yourself on here much appreciated. Also I would like to thank you for always sticking up for the club (Even though it has already been mentioned), somethign along the lines of 'Inverness wille asily make the top 6' after being scrutinised by one of the other so called pundits.

Anyway to my point who do you think is our biggest talent and the odds on them staying at the club?

Also who do you think has the most potential in our promising batch of youngsters?

Thanks

Posted by: EWS Dec 12 2008, 07:31 PM

What did happen at Derry and at County?

I heard so many different things, a few of my friends are Derry fans, and they speak your name with such venom especially seeing as I have so many fond memories. Gave me one of my best days out when we beat St Johnstone in the league.

Also, if you were to be remembered for one thing in football, what would you like it to be for?

Posted by: Jay_7 Dec 12 2008, 07:31 PM

Hi Robbo,

Firstly apologies if you've already answered this, but how would you describe the relationship between your good self and David Sutherland? Is it something that would prevent you coming to ICT for any roles that may/may not appear in the future?

Posted by: FYIbirdog Dec 12 2008, 07:34 PM

QUOTE (martinskye @ Dec 12 2008, 07:31 PM)

Hi John, hard to believe seeing someone like yourself on here much appreciated. Also I would like to thank you for always sticking up for the club (Even though it has already been mentioned), somethign along the lines of 'Inverness wille asily make the top 6' after being scrutinised by one of the other so called pundits.

Anyway to my point who do you think is our biggest talent and the odds on them staying at the club?

Also who do you think has the most potential in our promising batch of youngsters?

Thanks

On the point of showing our appreciation I'd like to thank John for coming to the forum and cheering us up a bit. There have been a ton of very negative posts around here recently and I know I have been cheered up a good bit by the change of direction in posting that this thread has given us.

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 07:35 PM

Hi STEVICO

Probably not i count myself lucky enough to have played 16 times but looking back i think i got a bit of a raw deal to be honest but there were alot better players than me that never got as many so i suoose it was one of these things.I just had this feeling that i wanted to show them all that i was a winner and still do to this day as a player i wanted to entertain as a manager i want to put put a team that is attacking entertaining and worth the entrace money.

kind regrds

robbo

Posted by: Scotty Dec 12 2008, 07:36 PM

Gawd Birdog, whats happening, thats the second or third time I have agreed with you today .......

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 07:38 PM

QUOTE (FYIbirdog @ Dec 12 2008, 07:34 PM)

QUOTE (martinskye @ Dec 12 2008, 07:31 PM)

Thanks

On the point of showing our appreciation I'd like to thank John for coming to the forum and cheering us up a bit. There have been a ton of very negative posts around here recently and I know I have been cheered up a good bit by the change of direction in posting that this thread has given us.

communication is a wonderful thing

this is not a question Robbo and I dont expect a response ,perhaps the reason Robbo decided to do this is that he has feelings for both the club and the fans

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 07:45 PM

Hi everyone

will do my best to answer all in whatever order

as said earlier i have to my knowledge no idea where this Mr Sutherland story comes from i honestly do not have an answer to that .

current assests woul be Black,Cowie and Imrie and like most i agree it would be sad if we lost the first two as they are real qualty players and the kind you would want to build ateam around , that said it is difficult as the players hold the power in the last year of their contract so not easy for the manager or director of football we all want them to sign including craig and graeme but not always that simple.

there is a raft of young players coming through Duff,Vigurs,wood etc and moren to come Zane Sutherland loooks good but the encouraging thing is that the youth system that we set up is now bearing fruit and the teams below that are brimming with local talent very satisfying and a tribute to Danny.

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: iamthecaptain1 Dec 12 2008, 07:48 PM

Hey John, thanks 1st and foremost for the memories. My mates a clyde fan. Gave you some verbal. Cheers for stickin it up him by effectively winning the title on their patch!

Question: What do you think of the frozen pitch fiasco? Motherwell have habitually had games called of for years due to undersoil failure etc. I often know that if one other game is called off, any game at fir park will be too.

Does it gripe you at all that they can consistently get away with this and ICT had to fight tooth and nail for promotion despite their pitch never freezing over, being one of the top surfaces going and never having home games postponed?

Despite all this we still had to get undersoil heating which other clubs dont even use when their meant to.

P.S Is Sally your name at the weekends?

Posted by: blackieforce Dec 12 2008, 07:50 PM

god this thread has whet my appetite for a robbo,park+wilson managment team,i couldnt imagine for a minute the football we would play under them.......if only

Posted by: Scotty Dec 12 2008, 07:51 PM

Would agree that Danny doesnt get enough credit. A few years ago we were bemoaning the fact that Grant was our only true product of the youth system, but now it appears there are a few "hot prospects" each season. We are always going to be a side that eventually loses at least some of its better players to "bigger" teams so its nice to see them starting to come through regularly.

Posted by: caley100 Dec 12 2008, 07:56 PM

John, i live near you... but when that bar opens near the shop you might want to buy me a pint.

Reason... during the celebrations at the Chieftain after winning the first div, i was was well pyshed..well pyshed, but you were so happy and drunk you knocked my arm and i threw a large whisky over my mate, but hey we were having a ball! untill now i've never had the opperchancity to speak to you, but never mind the hangover was the best i've ever had.

Rich

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 07:58 PM

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 07:58 PM

Hi ews

Sorry missed your question but quite simple in both situations

I was told by county chairman that there was no problem with teh new budget(big drop from smiths)i told them this was not a problem as long as it was there he assured me it was and i assembled a team that went top of the table playing good open football he then told me that they had mis calculated and that i would have too release up to 6 players i felt it was not the players fault and that as i had brought them to the club that i should resign to keep them in their jobs Donald did like wise and Canning sold McGARRY released to make up the shortfall.

Derry was great experience and got on very well with the fans so surprises me that you say such things took over whwn in relegation battle got them safely in middle of league went on to win the league cup as well and qualified for prestigous setsnta cup ,unfortunatly my mother died after long illness and i flew home for 1 week for her funeral then flew back for last game day after her funeral then 6 new board members got voted on and the chairman and chief ex who took me there steped down new chairman wanted Steven Kenny back so they released me from contract this is subject to legal case so i cant say anymore sorry still speak weekly to players from club

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: Libero Dec 12 2008, 08:06 PM

if only more people in football could have your honesty and willingness to speak to the fans football would be a much better game.

i applaud your open-ness and desire to answer all of these questions

also thanks for giving me and many others some of the proudest and most memorable times while following caley thistle

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 08:06 PM

Hi CALEY100

apologies and would gladly do it again the next time we win a trophy x

captain

very suspicous indeed i would warn club 1st time fine 25k or 3 points 2nd time then 50k or 6 points 3rd time that would ensure all was in working order

kind regrds

robbo

Posted by: Yngwie Dec 12 2008, 08:09 PM

At any of your clubs did people above you ever attempt to influence your managerial decisions? Hearts is an obvious one where that is said to have taken place, but Dick Campbell told me that a certain County director would offer him "suggestions" on tactics - which needless to say he didn't react well to!

And was us signing Niculae a good or bad move?

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 08:17 PM

HI

no one has ever influenced any of decisions from above the hearts situation was explained to me by Phil Anderton and i did not like the way it was to be run they offered me the assistant managers role but that would have meant donald losing his job and i could never do that bto him so we agreed to part company mutualy i was not sacked.

as for county director who would pass on tactical tips yes i think i know the one and to be fair is parobably still passing them on however he is a director ant thus must be given the respect his position deserves

kind regards

robbo

Hi YNGWIE

Marius in my opinion was a very good player and proved that in the euro championships it braised the profile of the club and was a good platform for him we received a good fee so it looked lika a good deal all round i never m,et him but am told he was top bloke it was always going to cause some concern in the dressing room but when you are offerred a player of his pedigree it would be hsrd to turn down

kind regrds

robbo

Posted by: RednBlackComeback Dec 12 2008, 08:17 PM

Aye special thanks for that special day Robbo.

Posted by: Yngwie Dec 12 2008, 08:19 PM

Are there affordable players in the First Division who could improve our first team?

Posted by: WriteOnCaley Dec 12 2008, 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Libero @ Dec 12 2008, 08:06 PM)

if only more people in football could have your honesty and willingness to speak to the fans football would be a much better game.

i applaud your open-ness and desire to answer all of these questions

also thanks for giving me and many others some of the proudest and most memorable times while following caley thistle

I second all that. Football should be for the fans, so it's really nice to have someone that interacts with the fans, and such a legend at that.

Just wondered, John, if you think that the current talk of reorganising Scottish football will actuall come to anything, and if it does will it actually make a difference?

(Ps, when you log back into your other account there's a pm waiting for you that I sent earlier)

Posted by: iamthecaptain1 Dec 12 2008, 08:20 PM

I dont know if as a manager you've suffered heavy fan critisism ever, but if like Criag Brewster you were taking alot of flak, Is it a case f not reading papers etc or would you ever let it influence your tactics? (say the fans are crying out for a 4-4-2 at home with certain players as your team have a shoddy home record and you havent been ) Would you ever let it influence your team selection?

Should managers be more open to think about what fans are saying (but not nessesarily employ it) or should they doggedly ignore them and in some cases tell them they dont know what they're on about and YOUR the manager and YOU pick the team?*

Would you ever try and afix your natural way of playing the game to atone more to the way the fans of that club/nation prefer it ie Ajax and the Netherlands are traditionally 4-3-3 etc?

Please note* I dont want your fix on Craig Brewster. I realise as a fellow manager it would be wrong of you to talk about how others do their job.

I want to know how you go or would go about it

Posted by: FYIbirdog Dec 12 2008, 08:27 PM

John,

Please forgive me as I don't wish to cause offence but I have noticed in your threads that you are using the term we a lot in in your replies, you have been to four? clubs as manager since leaving ICT. A certain user on this site tells us to "read between the lines" and I am starting to think that possibly, given the situation with the fan's attitude towards Brewster atm that you may be gauging opinions on whether you may be welcomed back. If that is the case I would certainly be happy to see you back but if I am way off the mark due to the influence of the cider then you have my full apology for this post.

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 08:29 PM

QUOTE (FYIbirdog @ Dec 12 2008, 08:27 PM)

John,

Please forgive me as I don't wish to cause offence but I have noticed in your threads that you are using the term we a lot in in your replies, you have been to four? clubs as manager since leaving ICT. A certain user on this site tells us to "read between the lines" and I am starting to think that possibly, given the situation with the fan's attitude towards Brewster atm that you may be gauging opinions on whether you may be welcomed back. If that is the case I would certainly be happy to see you back but if I am way off the mark due to the influence of the cider then you have my full apology for this post.

The way I read it was Robbo was responding to some critisism towards the fitness of the players uder his control

Posted by: FYIbirdog Dec 12 2008, 08:34 PM

QUOTE (stevico1 @ Dec 12 2008, 08:29 PM)

QUOTE (FYIbirdog @ Dec 12 2008, 08:27 PM)

John,

The way I read it was Robbo was responding to some critisism towards the fitness of the players uder his control

Reading back you are correct. damn the cider, Sorry.

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 08:35 PM

hi everyone

yes there are a lot of good players but as said previously the gography does not help and i personal would want players here commited to the club and not primarily for the money

as for scotttish football i would like to see real football and fans involved i personaly would like to change the promption relegation to spl along the lines of thr rugby super league freeze the leagues at moment i woul put Hamilton down and St johns up 4th place Partick woul travel to 3rd place livi in a one off game split gate and tv the winners would then travel to pars in a one of game split gate tv money and then winners would travel to play st mirren one off game odds still stacked in favour of spl side but at least give the div 1 teams something to play for

as for teams i started with pele s 3-5-2 but along with donald decided we needed to go to back 4 but release another forward up front 4 4 3 we tried it first game of spl but realised it was not going to work and due to every game being awawy from home adopted th 451 formation but with a forward off the front you have to flexible and adapt during games especially if things not going great

i always enc ouraged players to be attacking but wary of their defensive duties when required remeber we had different mind set no games at the stedium

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: Gringo_Jnr Dec 12 2008, 08:39 PM

Hi Robbo - great to have you on the boards. This, to me anyway, feels like a breath of fresh air in terms of communication towards the fans, possibly exceeding peoples efforts to re-instate Boardroom Banta. so - Thank you.

Whilst I have the opertunity, myself and Yompa (aka Interthenet) will be looking for new recruits for the 7th annual Highland March come the end of the season. How do you fancy becoming the first celebrity to take on the challenge? You were after all at the end of season party before we set off on the very first Highland March (you gave your jacket to TheFly for his trips from London), so it only seems fitting to have you on board in future...

Or, of course, you could always take on an even bigger challenge and join Beatonio, Lady Madonna et al on next years Tartan March from Oslo to Hampden. LoL.

Once again, welcome to the boards and thanks.

Posted by: CaleyD Dec 12 2008, 08:39 PM

QUOTE (sally @ Dec 12 2008, 08:35 PM)

4 4 3 we tried it first game of spl but realised it was not going to work

I think I have some ideas as to why the 4-4-3 might not have worked

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Gringo_Jnr @ Dec 12 2008, 08:39 PM)

Hi Robbo - great to have you on the boards. This, to me anyway, feels like a breath of fresh air in terms of communication towards the fans, possibly exceeding peoples efforts to re-instate Boardroom Banta. so - Thank you.

Whilst I have the opertunity, myself and Yompa (aka Interthenet) will be looking for new recruits for the 7th annual Highland March come the end of the season. How do you fancy becoming the first celebrity to take on the challenge?

first celebrity I thought I was invited to take part

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 08:42 PM

hi birdog

i am here to put to an end the speculation on fitness myths who did what who picked who how we found players how we got best out of them i was fed up with the failures and un substantiated rumours about mysef donald and the players training etc we have a manager and it is imperative that we all get behind him and more importantly the players

kind regards

john

Posted by: themann4thejob Dec 12 2008, 08:43 PM

always best to use a keeper Johnny.

Posted by: Joe DiMaggio Dec 12 2008, 08:43 PM

QUOTE (sally @ Dec 12 2008, 08:17 PM)

HI

no one has ever influenced any of decisions from above the hearts situation was explained to me by Phil Anderton and i did not like the way it was to be run they offered me the assistant managers role but that would have meant donald losing his job and i could never do that bto him so we agreed to part company mutualy i was not sacked.

as for county director who would pass on tactical tips yes i think i know the one and to be fair is parobably still passing them on however he is a director ant thus must be given the respect his position deserves

kind regards

robbo

Were you offered to be assistant under George Burley?

Do you now regret leaving ICT to join Hearts?

Also I think the 'myth' about the fitness thing is that some of the players appeared to be fitter when Brewster first took over, most notably Barry Wilson who was told to lose a stone and get in shape, which he did. Do you think there was a problem with Wilson's fitness towards the end of your time at ICT and if not then why did Brewster deem him not to be fit enough? I think it created an impression that Brewster was more fitness focused and therfore improved the overall fitness standard of the team and led to fans wondering why he wasnt at the same fitness level under your management.

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 08:46 PM

HI gringo

if i am available i would certainly do it though you may have to settle for just part of the trip caleyd my apologies 4 3 3 !!!! jesus you boys are tough

kind regards

robbo

Posted by: Gringo_Jnr Dec 12 2008, 08:50 PM

QUOTE (stevico1 @ Dec 12 2008, 08:42 PM)

QUOTE (Gringo_Jnr @ Dec 12 2008, 08:39 PM)

Whilst I have the opertunity, myself and Yompa (aka Interthenet) will be looking for new recruits for the 7th annual Highland March come the end of the season. How do you fancy becoming the first celebrity to take on the challenge?

first celebrity I thought I was invited to take part

although you may have had the first celeb invite, you're yet to take part (theres always HM7 - LoL)

QUOTE (sally @ Dec 12 2008, 08:46 PM)

HI gringo

if i am available i would certainly do it though you may have to settle for just part of the trip caleyd my apologies 4 3 3 !!!! jesus you boys are tough

kind regards

robbo

firstly - My status as 'Gringo' is now official - robbo says so. hehe

Secondly, any part of the highland march is fine robbo. plenty of training days planned for the new year leading up to event, so you're welcome to join us for those too. Experiances and info at highlandmarch.co.uk

Posted by: FYIbirdog Dec 12 2008, 08:54 PM

QUOTE (sally @ Dec 12 2008, 08:42 PM)

hi birdog

i am here to put to an end the speculation on fitness myths who did what who picked who how we found players how we got best out of them i was fed up with the failures and un substantiated rumours about mysef donald and the players training etc we have a manager and it is imperative that we all get behind him and more importantly the players

kind regards

john

Thanks for that John, like I say I apologise for making assumptions when I misread your posts.

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 08:55 PM

Hi Joe

yes i was approached to join hearts again under burley but i dont think he was aware of it so i politely declined as did not see the point barry was and still is a very fit boy and as said fitness is a big big part of the week but so are things like team shape set plays possession so every manager has his set week as said i have used my last few months to re think various aspects of the game and have some very fresh new thoughts th ebreak has done me no harm and looking forward to my next challenge i think a lot of people forget mICT was my 1st job i was going through a very tough ndivorce and did not know anyone up here now i am happily re married much more mature and calmer but with the same steelt determination and passion to be the very best i can be

kind regards

john

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 09:00 PM

HI gringo

kind regards

robbo

Well if robbos up for it I will also take part

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 09:03 PM

Hi EVERYONE

Its now 9pm and i promised sally that i would finish at that time and hand back her laptop corrie/eastenders finished so play time over for me any last questions? as said just wanted to right a few wrongs and dispell any rumours i wont post next week as it is important that you got my official view

remenber KEEP BELEIVNG or my personal mantra at moment NIL NISI OPTIMUM 'nothing but the best'

kind regards to all thank you

robbo

Posted by: themann4thejob Dec 12 2008, 09:06 PM

This has been great Robbo and a welcome break from the Brew bashing. What a great weekly forum this would be.

Posted by: Gringo_Jnr Dec 12 2008, 09:09 PM

QUOTE (stevico1 @ Dec 12 2008, 09:00 PM)

HI gringo

kind regards

robbo

DONE DEAL!!! lol (we'll dicuss more over a beverage thats long in the waiting)

Robbo -

We all share the same passions for ICT, but what makes you tic when it comes to Inverness and ICT. Clearly you were a legend at the likes of Hearts and Livingston, and were you not a hibs fan too? Why Inverness CT?

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 09:19 PM

QUOTE (themann4thejob @ Dec 12 2008, 09:06 PM)

This has been great Robbo and a welcome break from the Brew bashing. What a great weekly forum this would be.

brill edit

Posted by: sally Dec 12 2008, 09:20 PM

ok gringo

last one strange but the place just felt right i had freedom to be myself could walk on the beach drive in to hills escape the rat race that was edinburgh met girl of my dreams and now both of us are happy and love life here as said i had 5 year plan but let my heart rule my head but thats life i will continue to help in anyway i can at this moment its standing up for the club on radio and continue my campaign to show we are very bit as good as the big city clubs we have alot going for us and rermember we are all

NIL NISI OPTIMUM

good night

robbo

Posted by: Brewnoclue Dec 12 2008, 09:37 PM

Hi Robbo..

which of your former players did you think would make it into management/coahing?

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Brewnoclue @ Dec 12 2008, 09:37 PM)

Hi Robbo..

which of your former players did you think would make it into management/coahing?

think thats a trick question

Posted by: stevico1 Dec 12 2008, 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Gringo_Jnr @ Dec 12 2008, 09:09 PM)

QUOTE (stevico1 @ Dec 12 2008, 09:00 PM)

HI gringo

kind regards

robbo

DONE DEAL!!! lol (we'll dicuss more over a beverage thats long in the waiting)

yes mate good shout

Posted by: IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER Dec 13 2008, 12:12 AM

No comment on this thread - has anyone noticed that I aint changed ma signature fer ages ?!

Posted by: Scotty Dec 13 2008, 12:21 AM

QUOTE (johnrobertson @ Dec 12 2008, 10:21 AM)

No Scotty

kind regards

robbo

The MLS is definitely a good hunting ground ..... Rangers took Maurice Edu from Toronto and I had the privilege of watching him in TFCs first season, if Walter can get him playing to his potential he will be a star. Its expected that Marvell Wynne (a tough no-nonsense right back with blistering pace) will be the next TFC player to head to Europe and I think this year will be a big one for Abdus Ibrahim (nickname Ibee) a teenage "wonderkid" who looks tremendous. The same is true for most MLS sides, plenty of young talent which is starting to go eastwards, some decent 20-30 somethings and the influx of "fading" stars coming westwards ... its actually quite entertaining.

Posted by: CaleyCanary Dec 13 2008, 07:50 AM

Sorry I mised you Robbo, the best thread we have had on here for a very long time!

Just wanted to thank you for the best footballing day out of my life - nay make that best two days as the win at Clyde the week before was something very special and set us off on the walk up the road full of high spirits.

Could not believe it when you walked into the end of season party and handed the trophy to me and Part-Timer for it to begin its journey round the room. What a fantastc gesture to the fans that was, we will never ever forget it.

The very best of luck to you in your next venture wherever that may be - slainte

Posted by: Alex MacLeod Dec 13 2008, 10:57 AM

Hi Robbo,

Been reading this today and what a lift it seems to be giving all those on this site. 24 hours of no abusive post. Great tonic.

My question: Last time I seen you you were driving away from the Drumossie on the night of Bazza's dinner. Why didn't you stay and buy me the drink you owe me?

Be in Heathmount on 2nd /3rd Jan if you want to buy it then

Alex MacLeod

Posted by: iamthecaptain1 Dec 13 2008, 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Scotty @ Dec 13 2008, 12:21 AM)

QUOTE (johnrobertson @ Dec 12 2008, 10:21 AM)

No Scotty

kind regards

robbo

The MLS is definitely a good hunting ground ..... Rangers took Maurice Edu from Toronto and I had the privilege of watching him in TFCs first season, if Walter can get him playing to his potential he will be a star. Its expected that Marvell Wynne (a tough no-nonsense right back with blistering pace) will be the next TFC player to head to Europe and I think this year will be a big one for Abdus Ibrahim (nickname Ibee) a teenage "wonderkid" who looks tremendous. The same is true for most MLS sides, plenty of young talent which is starting to go eastwards, some decent 20-30 somethings and the influx of "fading" stars coming westwards ... its actually quite entertaining.

I've always said since i was about 15 that the MLS would start to produce some good players and the USA and Australia would have an impact on world football (or soccer) in the years to follow. Yet i was often laughed at for this. Alot of the guys over there have the technical ability in abundance and the grass roots system (from what i here from my cousins over near Toronto) seems in far excess of our own here now. Now they are starting to get some passion for the game and it is starting to gain popularity (tho will never overtake Basketball, Baseball, American rules) i think that the market over there will be a key hunting ground in years to come.

I've heard of the young Ibrahim. Believe he's a young midfielder. Jozy Altidore im sure was making a name for himself too. Its a shame that young Adu struggled to cope with his early found fame. Hopefully he'll find his feet in Europe soon. Is he still at Benifica for that matter?

So the sooner Brew gets the sack, the sooner Robbo can tell us if he wants the job eh

Posted by: dead_ball_specialist Dec 13 2008, 07:19 PM

We're finding it hard to score goals at the moment, most of our strikers are of quite similar stature (Wood, Barrowman, Rooney. McAllister) do you think we need a wee man like you to act as a foil to our target men or is that just an old fashioned cliche?

Posted by: tokelyisvictorious Dec 13 2008, 07:46 PM

Hi robbo,

know you've logged off, this one for the next time: why do you think we have such a lousy current home record? Is it the pressure of the fans expectations, the players cannot break a team down, other teams have susseed us out?

Posted by: Scarlet Pimple Dec 13 2008, 08:18 PM

Hi Robbo

Until Caley D put his stamp of authority on here by stating that you were THE Robbo I was sceptical

But....er....then, why have you not completed your profile on here? For me it would be interesting.

One question though. Could you please tell me what happened in Ireland that convinced you to come back to Scotland and leave Irish Football behind. Were you too homesick ?

Cheers --I also enjoy your Open All Mikes commentaries ; honesty and passion --two great qualities.

Scarlet

Posted by: Kingsmills Dec 13 2008, 10:33 PM

Robbo

In your opinion does a club of our size really need a first team squad of 21 or so. Would we not manage with around 16 in the first team squad, better paid and thus better quality supplemented by the youth players ?

Posted by: gordyfromsneck Dec 14 2008, 08:59 AM

Posted by: lizi Dec 14 2008, 08:54 PM

Robbo....

Can scarcely believe that I've found a positive source on this site! Many thanks indeed - my night is made (especially after that game yesterday at St Midden)(one to forget)(a good day out, spoiled by the result).

Your input is definitely a breath of fresh air to the Forum! When will you be back to ICT in a paid capacity - soon I hope? So many happy memories and whenever you are doing the radio commentary, we all know it will be fresh, concise and not (south of A9) nonsense. From the North Stand, the binoculars are trained on you!!!!!! in the press area - here comes the master, with his expert views.

Best regards to you and 'her indoors' and her laptop.

Posted by: IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER Dec 14 2008, 09:04 PM

PRESENTED TO YOU BY ORION, ALAN SAVAGE AND STEVICO - Et tu Brute.

This thread should be preserved for history as the most inflammatory ever and aimed at the downfall of the present regime. Arent internal feckin politics great ?

What a feckin great thread / idea.

But hey guys - if ya need a replacement fer Mike Smith ?

Posted by: hislopsoffsideagain Dec 14 2008, 09:09 PM

I think coming on here and answering all these questions is one hell of a gesture to us. It's been tremendously interesting and informative.

May I just say that the way you constantly stand up for us during your radio appearances, taking on those who might consider us to be a piddly backward club (mind you, we probably are a middly backward club) has also been noted by the ICT support and is much appreciated.

Posted by: Alex MacLeod Dec 14 2008, 09:10 PM

QUOTE (IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER @ Dec 14 2008, 09:04 PM)

But hey guys - if ya need a replacement fer Mike Smith ?

I know a Miss Wilson who could do the job

Posted by: IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER Dec 14 2008, 09:17 PM

Well - I know a Mr Wilson who may just "top" the Judas Shearer ?

Posted by: AngelaWilson Dec 15 2008, 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Alex MacLeod @ Dec 14 2008, 09:10 PM)

(Did you win the lottery?)

Posted by: Alex MacLeod Dec 15 2008, 01:27 AM

QUOTE (AngelaWilson @ Dec 15 2008, 12:20 AM)

QUOTE (Alex MacLeod @ Dec 14 2008, 09:10 PM)

(Did you win the lottery?)

fraid not angel but I'm still trying

Posted by: Mee Dec 21 2008, 12:33 PM

QUOTE (sally @ Dec 12 2008, 09:20 PM)

ok gringo

last one strange but the place just felt right i had freedom to be myself could walk on the beach drive in to hills escape the rat race that was edinburgh met girl of my dreams and now both of us are happy and love life here as said i had 5 year plan but let my heart rule my head but thats life i will continue to help in anyway i can at this moment its standing up for the club on radio and continue my campaign to show we are very bit as good as the big city clubs we have alot going for us and rermember we are all

NIL NISI OPTIMUM

good night

robbo

What a fantastic post

I've switched to listening to Open All Mikes because you're hilarious and Scott Davie and Brian Irvine just pi55 me off with their relentless ICT bashing And because you gave me my best day in football (when we won the 1st division) and my worst day in football (the day you left) (and my 2nd best day in football when we beat Hearts at Tynie what a mess we were in ) I'm not even going to ask you any questions - even though I have loads - just wish you luck for the future and hope that you manage to find a good club to manage preferably a ten minute drive from your house

Lx

Posted by: L_G Jan 21 2009, 12:34 PM

For those who missed this first time around, have a read and most of your questions have probably been answered already. He certainly explains what happened after he left us for Hearts.

To avoid any confusion, Sally is Robbo using Mrs Robbos computer. :-)

Posted by: Jay_7 Jan 21 2009, 12:53 PM

QUOTE (johnrobertson @ Dec 12 2008, 03:08 PM)

Yes i am certainly looking to get back into management

That is my long term aim unfortunatly it is a business that is cut throat and you have to wait for someone else to lose their job it is nice to see that boards this season have not sacked anyone to quickly and have given their managers some time although it is frustrating waiting .

however i have put my time to good use and have made some great contacts in Europe and Usa for future use as well as taking a sports psychology course online and watching lots of games.Also been doing some forward coaching and been helping two premier league players with advice on the above aspects as well as radio scotland so been keeping busy awaiting the possible return to management.also main job is ambasssador/business development manager at Orion .

kind regrds

robbo

Just thought I'd highlight this part of this particular post for everyone to see that missed it.

Posted by: starchief Jan 21 2009, 12:54 PM

Don't need to bother reading through it all. The telling quote is:

I think we should all get behind the manager. if the board are ever looking for a new coach then i've been highly impressed by starchief. i'd strongly recommend that if inverness were ever looking for a new manager then they could do no better than hire him. he wouldn't cost much and would guarantee we remained in the spl for many years

He's just telling it like it is!

Posted by: Govan Jaggie Jan 21 2009, 04:36 PM

He seems a bit quiet now?

Posted by: Kingsmills Jan 21 2009, 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Govan Jaggie @ Jan 21 2009, 04:36 PM)

Not really surpsising. Coming on here in the first place will hardly have enhanced his prospects.

Posted by: Scotty Jan 21 2009, 04:50 PM

He did say he was only on to answer questions and put the record straight at that time as he felt things were said that were incorrect.

As his name is mentioned as one of the favourites he probably also thinks it inappropriate to make comment on here right now.

Posted by: 5thStand Jan 21 2009, 04:57 PM

If the board do the unthinkable and appoint him, I wonder if he'd be back on here? Nah no chance and neither he should.

Posted by: gordyfromsneck Jan 21 2009, 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Kingsmills @ Jan 21 2009, 04:48 PM)

Not really surpsising. Coming on here in the first place will hardly have enhanced his prospects.

Yeah, but was he one of "The Twenty"???

Posted by: 5thStand Jan 21 2009, 07:10 PM

QUOTE (gordyfromsneck @ Jan 21 2009, 07:01 PM)

QUOTE (Kingsmills @ Jan 21 2009, 04:48 PM)

Yeah, but was he one of "The Twenty"???

He might have had a proxy there

Posted by: RednBlackComeback Jan 21 2009, 08:08 PM

When's his interview stevico?

Posted by: stevico1 Jan 21 2009, 08:10 PM

QUOTE (RednBlackComeback @ Jan 21 2009, 08:08 PM)

When's his interview stevico?

No idea, application put in thats as far as I know, after that its between him and the club

Posted by: Scotty Jan 21 2009, 08:18 PM

I have removed a number of posts from this thread and banned DRAGAN from the thread pending a moderator discussion about his/her status on the rest of the site.

Stevico / Blackieforce / iloveeidurgudjohnsen - you guys also had posts removed. There was nothing wrong with your comments but they referenced, quoted or were in response to the offending comments so were also removed to clean up the thread.

We made an announcement earlier this week about getting overly personal about Craig Brewster. May we just reiterate that this also applies to other club personnel including former managers. Personal comments, especially those which are scurrilous or abusive in nature will not be tolerated and we were not joking when we said we will hand out bans to persistent offenders.

Posted by: natasha Jan 22 2009, 11:54 AM

My son has a pub in Edinburgh i was down on business yesterday and the locals know I come from Inverness so subject got round to managers. When asked about yourself as a manager I thought because of the feeling between you and DS or the other way round, again when pressed about the problem I came up with they both have big egos only to be told "my cousin dosn't have a big ego what you see is what you get" and since you have come on to this forum I would probably be swayed although I still think you were the motivator and donald the tactician.

Posted by: STEVO Jan 22 2009, 12:04 PM

Well Natasha got to agree with the motivator and tactician bit, spot on, but life is all about team work and they were a good team.

What else did DFS's cousin have to say.

Posted by: natasha Jan 22 2009, 12:26 PM

QUOTE (STEVO @ Jan 22 2009, 12:04 PM)

Well Natasha got to agree with the motivator and tactician bit, spot on, but life is all about team work and they were a good team.

What else did DFS's cousin have to say.

He knew were I could get a cheap house.

Posted by: Joe DiMaggio Jan 22 2009, 01:04 PM

Came on to 'put the record straight' Bit strange that he has had years to do it but picks a time when it looks like the current manager was close to losing his job!! More like touting himself and trying to drum up some support in his favour for a possible replacement!

Posted by: georgeios Jan 22 2009, 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Joe DiMaggio @ Jan 22 2009, 01:04 PM)

Came on to 'put the record straight' Bit strange that he has had years to do it but picks a time when it looks like the current manager was close to losing his job!! More like touting himself and trying to drum up some support in his favour for a possible replacement!

Oh with out a doubt!! hearts and minds!! fair play to him i enjoyed the thread. It shows how well he knows the club that he read all the signs, and i beleve he got in there to win "Fan Power over"

G

Posted by: WriteOnCaley Jan 22 2009, 01:59 PM

QUOTE (natasha @ Jan 22 2009, 11:54 AM)

My son has a pub in Edinburgh i was down on business yesterday and the locals know I come from Inverness so subject got round to managers. When asked about yourself as a manager I thought because of the feeling between you and DS or the other way round, again when pressed about the problem I came up with they both have big egos only to be told "my cousin dosn't have a big ego what you see is what you get" and since you have come on to this forum I would probably be swayed although I still think you were the motivator and donald the tactician.

That's as maybe, but he holds a mighty strong grudge when it suits him!!

Posted by: Scotty Jan 22 2009, 02:50 PM

QUOTE (georgeios @ Jan 22 2009, 08:48 AM)

It shows how well he knows the club that he read all the signs, and i beleve he got in there to win "Fan Power over"

He didnt have much winning over to do ...... I think a lot of fans liked him before that, whether it was his bubbly personality last time round, or whether it was because he fiercely defends ICT and the Inverness area in general on the air when other reporters try to make stereotypical remarks. He was doing all that long before Brewster's jacket was on a shoogly peg.

It was nice to see him on here, and if he were to get the job, I am sure we would attempt to get him back on here on the odd occasion but maybe in a more structured way via articles or chatroom or something like that as opposed to as a random poster ....

Of course, Mr Sutherland never used the same tactics when he granted us exclusive interviews, or asked for get togethers to be arranged via the website did he? ....... [i know IHE - Double Voddie and Coke]. Its all a game, and most fans are happy to play that game if it means they feel their voices are being heard or that they are somehow acknowledged or involved.

Posted by: The Long Man Jan 22 2009, 04:41 PM

One of the question marks over Robbo is his management of Livingstone - didn't he do rather badly there, and if he was such a great option, shouldn't he have been able to do better? I don't know about it in detail, but I don't remember it as a glowing success.

Posted by: Kingsmills Jan 22 2009, 04:55 PM

Robbo's managerial career has had mixed fortunes but he's far from the worst candidate out there and his knowledge of ICT and our current squad might just give him an edge over someone else who would have to spend some time familiarising himself with the set up.

alwaysthereinspirit
they aren't very original with their comments are they?

Very consistent.

No debate on that board. They all get along.

Thank christ thats over.

All that scrolling down has done my head in. Completely.

Halfway down I started hallucinating that it was a UFO thread.

Very consistent.

No debate on that board. They all get along.

They are all related:laugh:

Imagine if we got Csaba on here...300 pages easy...and that would just be him answering one question :laugh:

Now that would be exciting lol.

Grumpy.

Jam Tarts 1874

Not sure of the validity of this. The person putting himself forward as Robbo refers to his brother Chris as an ex-Rangers player, Chris Robertson played for Hearts. Would the real Robbo get that wrong?

Captain of Hungary
Not sure of the validity of this. The person putting himself forward as Robbo refers to his brother Chris as an ex-Rangers player, Chris Robertson played for Hearts. Would the real Robbo get that wrong?

Chris came to Hearts from Rangers, its definitely him.

Can?t help feeling a bit jealous that he went on there rather than on here...

Can?t say I think much of his idea of developing a US feeder club - unless he gets one of the OF gigs then he ain?t going to get any work permits to make that idea work...

That's cos they huvnae got any lithuanians! :laugh:

Nope but they have a Latvian. Had dinner with his agent the evening that he was making his debut against Partick in the Cup. Poor lad kept phoning to get help with his travel arrangements back to Edinburgh!

Goodmorningmrfisherman

he's a bit quiet now though,can't imagine sneckie chairman being best pleased about a candidate for the job using a message board in december.

Well being good at football must be a sign of mis-spent youth. Robbo writes like a 13 year old!

Your post might well be the perfect way to demonstrate why Robbo has signed up on the ICT board and hasn't done the same here....

Anyway, as Spellczech said...I'm just horribly jealous that he has gone for a chinwag with them and not us. Grr. :biggrin:

I think he came across very well. It probably helped that the people on the ICT board handled it well and didn't ruin it for themselves.

This thread reminds me of the evening that Gambo outed Richard Gordon on here a few years back. No reason to think this isn't Robbo

he's a bit quiet now though,can't imagine sneckie chairman being best pleased about a candidate for the job using a message board in december.

Well at least he's not been doing a MacKay;);)

As someone who lives in Inverness myself, it is true that Robbo is very highly regarded by the Inverness public and that the wee man himself, although a Jambo legend, truly does consider himself to be an Invernessian and ICT supporter these days.

Robbo is a known face around certain haunts in the city and is treated very well. He has had one or two 'incidents' in the past, but by and large he's a top bloke who is very passionate about ICT.

His only sticking point is that he has made an enemy in one of ICT's main shareholders, Sutherland, and that is what may cost him the job again.

If it was left to the rest of the board and the Inverness support, Robertson would be named manager today.

Great reading indeed.

Thanks for that turnkey.

Have to admit to having a wee softspot for ICT.

There fans are a great bunch.

Fair play to John, not many guys of his stature would even have attempted that.

I hope Robbo gets another chance at management, and would be delighted if it happens at ICT. He does seem happy and settled there, a bit more wordly wise perhaps. The Hearts job came too soon for him, maybe he's in a better place with his own life now. He would need that, to be a good manager.

He remains the best Hearts player those of us who are under-55 have ever seen.

If you're reading this thread, John, now that we know you're a bit of a blogger, thanks for the memories. True legend, always will be.

Archived