Travellers to be evicted from illegal camp

Therapist

This lot ride rough shod over laws, rules and regulations that are rigorously applied to the rest of us. Well done to the Court of Appeal for not kow-towing to the PC brigade and other lily-livered liberals. :laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7844633.stm

But isn't it the PC brigade and lily-livered liberals who make the laws in the first polace therefore it is because of them that the travellers have been evicted?

More the fault of the doddering senility of the judges in the first place, no?

But isn't it the PC brigade and lily-livered liberals who make the laws in the first polace

At a national level, mostly yes. But at a local council level they are much more in touch with the local community and did the right thing in pushing this all the way. Hopefully it will send a message to travellers everywhere that they have to abide by the rules.

the wheels on your house go round and round

The problem is that the wheels on the house weren't going round and round. But they will be very very soon. :tongue:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Woo Hoo

The last bastion of socially acceptable racism!!

*dons tin hat*

chester copperpot

Cant think of one positive that they bring to our society, except the hedgecutting thing that they do for ?20.

Cant think of one positive that they bring to our society, except the hedgecutting thing that they do for ?20.

False economy as they'll simply dump the debris back in your garden. Better paying a bit extra for someone who'll take it away.

chester copperpot
False economy as they'll simply dump the debris back in your garden. Better paying a bit extra for someone who'll take it away.

TBF they normally take it down to the kiddie's playpark and burn it in there. :mad:

There are, incidentally, increasing numbers of people who take their rubbish and dump it at travellers' sites, in order to set them up and have them removed; just as there are many travellers who are good, clean and live in harmony with nature. Unfortunately, the stigma others have attracted is still largely applied.

There are, incidentally, increasing numbers of people who take their rubbish and dump it at travellers' sites

:mw_rolleyes: Oh dear.

:mw_rolleyes: Oh dear.

I'm afraid there are, Mr T. Journalists have caught it on film too.

Miller Jambo 60

Aye the lassie next door had it done about 6 years ago for 40 pounds.

They didnt even clean their mess up, no surprise there.:eek:

Only trying to survive? However, do not spoil the landscape and the environement with your crap vehicles and waste.

Where's my bulldozer? Then get a real job and contribute to the UK economy, whilst knowing you are actually achieving something through your work and earning money.

(Of course, one could say that the person that receives max benefits has no reason to work therefore is he/she a fool?)

Shaun, there is stigma about everything. If I were to say 'I declare that I am a Heart of Midlothian fan,' I would be given that label-not one I would be particularly ashamed of; if I were to say 'I'm depressed,' I would not want people to refer to myself as 'the depressive' as this would be detrimental to my recovery.

However, society gives labels to many people, which I think is more to do with ignorance and some innate fear about things they may have heard/seen on TV. Stigma is a particular problem for those with mental health problems and is something that needs to change.

Far too much of the 'moral panic' happening though....

chester copperpot
There are, incidentally, increasing numbers of people who take their rubbish and dump it at travellers' sites, in order to set them up and have them removed; just as there are many travellers who are good, clean and live in harmony with nature. Unfortunately, the stigma others have attracted is still largely applied.

And quite right so, let them know how it feels for a change.

And quite right so, let them know how it feels for a change.

Let who know? Entirely innocent parties?

PresidentRomanov

Having had first hand experience of travellers in the Gyle area, I confirm that every single one of them is utter vermin - no exceptions :mad:

Shaun, If you're ever unlucky enough to come under attack from these animals when attempting to do a days work, you might not be so keen to believe everything you see on the telly.

Tell me, do you actually have an opinion on anything, that was based on first hand life experience, or is every single opinion you hold formed on what you've read, or seen on the telly?

Having had first hand experience of travellers in the Gyle area, I confirm that every single one of them is utter vermin - no exceptions :mad:

Shaun, If you're ever unlucky enough to come under attack from these animals when attempting to do a days work, you might not be so keen to believe everything you see on the telly.

Tell me, do you actually have an opinion on anything, that was based on first hand life experience, or is every single opinion you hold formed on what you've read, or seen on the telly?

Probably 99% of my opinions are based on first hand experience, PB - especially when I come across people who've suffered from stigmas and ignorance. I don't have a telly, by the way: got rid of it four months ago now, and have a vastly better quality of life as a result.

PresidentRomanov
Probably 99% of my opinions are based on first hand experience, PB - especially when I come across people who've suffered from stigmas and ignorance. I don't have a telly, by the way: got rid of it four months ago now, and have a vastly better quality of life as a result.

Well I would estimate that 99% of the opinions you air on here, are based on what you've read on the internet.

Incidentally, watching telly on the internet, instead of on a telly, doesn't increase your quality of life :laugh:

Well I would estimate that 99% of the opinions you air on here, are based on what you've read on the internet.

Incidentally, watching telly on the internet, instead of on a telly, doesn't increase your quality of life :laugh:

:laugh:

And I would estimate that a good proportion of your views are based on prejudice. Still, each to their own, eh?

Jesus wept:sobored:

PresidentRomanov

And I would estimate that a good proportion of your views are based on prejudice. Still, each to their own, eh?

Prejudice formed through real life experience's though :tongue:

I'm curious to know how many travellers you've met?

Dunno. I've met a few: some dreadful, others decent. I take it you've met all travellers who've ever been in the Gyle area - hence your depiction of them as "utter vermin - no exceptions"?

PB- would that opinion spread to every single person that you class as being 'travellers?' Just a Q?

There is a great deal of stigma/labelling present in society.... most driven by mass media...

PresidentRomanov
Dunno. I've met a few: some dreadful, others decent. I take it you've met all travellers who've ever been in the Gyle area - hence your depiction of them as "utter vermin - no exceptions"?

Every one of them, and their devil dogs, should be put down - there are no exceptions.

Obviously not as many as yourself, I mean it must run into single figures the dealings you've had with them. Tell me where exactly at the gyle have they fetched up as I have never laid eyes on them.

Every one of them, and their devil dogs, should be put down - there are no exceptions.

Funny - sounds like a rather fascist view of things. Now, was it you or your pal who were accusing others of fascism on one of the threads about the incidents at Rugby Park?

Nucky Thompson

Every time they come, the crime rate in the west of Edinburgh goes through the roof. I've had my van turned over 3 times in 6 years and it's always when they feckers are around:mad: They tried to rip off the old guy who used to stay next door to me, he had Alzheimers and they tried to charge him ?180 for pulling out a handful of weeds. I overheard them and told them to GTF.

PresidentRomanov
PB- would that opinion spread to every single person that you class as being 'travellers?' Just a Q?

There is a great deal of stigma/labelling present in society.... most driven by mass media...

The travellers I've come across at the Gyle are the only one's I can comment on with any certainty, but I'd be amazed if they weren't all the same.

PresidentRomanov
Obviously not as many as yourself, I mean it must run into single figures the dealings you've had with them. Tell me where exactly at the gyle have they fetched up as I have never laid eyes on them.

Of course, the Gyle only came into being when you started working there a few years ago :laugh:

PresidentRomanov
Every time they come, the crime rate in the west of Edinburgh goes through the roof. I've had my van turned over 3 times in 6 years and it's always when they feckers are around:mad: They tried to rip off the old guy who used to stay next door to me, he had Alzheimers and they tried to charge him ?180 for pulling out a handful of weeds. I overheard them and told them to GTF.

That can't be right Boo, JWL hasn't seen them :laugh:

Guest jambomickey

GOOD WORK BOO! hate people who try to rip off.

Of course, the Gyle only came into being when you started working there a few years ago :laugh:

Came into being....................:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

The first tuesday after the second thursday in June they bring their fairground rides to the tesco car park in Linlithgow for the marches. That's fairly useful.

Had some experiences with them when working at Hermiston Gait. They parked near the station. One of my supervisors(about 55 and female) was chased and knocked over by one of their dogs - no apology. They also continually came into the store and tried to thieve. They also left a massive mess and were generally assholes. Tried to start on anyone who walked past.

PresidentRomanov
Came into being....................:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

I'll take poor comeback, as an admission that you don't know what you're talking about, regarding travellers at the Gyle :mw_rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov
No I haven't, so where exactly did they set up camp after the gyle......:tongue:

They used to camp on the land where your work is, where the RBS headquarters are now, right at the back of my work, where the RBS archive building is now, which is where they were when they attacked myself and other members of staff, and there was the small matter of the riot that made national news opposite the car showrooms, when the police had the nerve to try and stop them smashing up the cars on show, along from Makro.

Don't know where they are now though.

They used to camp on the land where your work is, where the RBS headquarters are now, right at the back of my work, where the RBS archive building is now, which is where they were when they attacked myself and other members of staff, and there was the small matter of the riot that made national news opposite the car showrooms, when the police had the nerve to try and stop them smashing up the cars on show, along from Makro.

Don't know where they are now though.

Think you are getting into the realms of fantasy now.:mw_rolleyes:

I worked in Makro 8/9 years ago and whenever they used to camp where the bus lane thing is now the shop had to put on extra security and constantly post someone at the front door to stop them coming in to thieve and wreck the toilets.

PresidentRomanov

You wouldn't find the subject so amusing, if they set up camp on the evens side of your street :laugh:

Miller Jambo 60

Dont have a telly:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Woooosh never saw that coming.

And a better quality of life.

what can one say.

You wouldn't find the subject so amusing, if they set up camp on the evens side of your street :laugh:

Maybe 5 years ago, tell me is there any around the Penicuik area.:D

Miller Jambo 60
Away back to your work then, you gammy legged layabout :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:That was sooooooooo funny , just done a Pat stanton.

Gammy legged layabout:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Best post ever.

chester copperpot

Travellers are, on the whole, scag's. End of conversation.

Dont have a telly:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Woooosh never saw that coming.

And a better quality of life.

what can one say.

Played, Doug!

Stop talking nonsense PB - you know for a fact Shaun bases his opinions on interweb searches and nothing else. Basically, if it's on the interweb Shaun takes it as gospel.

Incidentally, his info on the Great British Public fly-tipping in travellers camps came from http://www.travellersaregreatpeople.com

Let who know? Entirely innocent parties?

I,d hardly call Travellers innocent parties? Have you EVER seen the mess and destruction those mingers seem to leave behind them? I doubt you have.

There have been travellers a few times down at the Gore Glen over the years and they have ALWAYS left the place in a state. They are also quite possibly the most stupid of people too, when they were camped up in the Glen they had their caravans and buses everywhere complete with bonfires and rubbish lying around. The travellers also like to travel with many untrained mutts too, one day when I was out with my horse in the Glen and I asked them to grab their one of their dogs (it was barking and nipping at my horses legs) when i got the retort " hey man, its cool , it won,t bite your horse" , 2 seconds later the dog DID bite my horse which resulted in my horse kicking the mutt. The travellers then started shouting the odds and threatened to shoot my horse!

I,d hardly call Travellers innocent parties? Have you EVER seen the mess and destruction those mingers seem to leave behind them? I doubt you have.

There have been travellers a few times down at the Gore Glen over the years and they have ALWAYS left the place in a state. They are also quite possibly the most stupid of people too, when they were camped up in the Glen they had their caravans and buses everywhere complete with bonfires and rubbish lying around. The travellers also like to travel with many untrained mutts too, one day when I was out with my horse in the Glen and I asked them to grab their one of their dogs (it was barking and nipping at my horses legs) when i got the retort " hey man, its cool , it won,t bite your horse" , 2 seconds later the dog DID bite my horse which resulted in my horse kicking the mutt. The travellers then started shouting the odds and threatened to shoot my horse!

You have a horse? Cool! :cool:

Plenty of people have had dreadful experiences at the hands of travellers: no-one's arguing about that. My objection is to tarring the entire travelling community with the same brush. It's wrong in other walks of life, and it's wrong here too - plus, it'll never get us anywhere.

Archived