What Song Reminds You Of A Particular Hearts Game?

Guess The Crowd

Oasis - Cum on feel the noize - 1996 cup final

7 nation army - 02 04 06 Gr8

Carnival de Paris Dario G - 98 cup final

Bee Gees - You Win Again -Mid/late 80s - early memories of the start my love affair with the old JTs.

anyone remember when the fad was to 'sing' the tom thumb tune? more of a vocalisation than singing. circa 1987/1988 there was a cup replay at motherwell when this song was sung at great length by the massive hearts crowd that went through. 1-0 to hearts IIRC.

I forgot all about that wee ditty ! :laugh:Loved it as NEVER forgot the words.

Ring Of Fire reminds me of Prague..(the song, not part of my anatomy)!

'Perfect Day' by Bob dylan reminds me of Ferranti Thistle beating Hibs in the diddy cup final in 2004.

My brother sang it that day on the karaoki in the Ship Inn down Musselburgh in front of 3 bus loads of very p iss ed off hibs fans.

Apparently they nearly strung him up.

Lou Reed;)

Oasis - Cum on feel the noize - 1996 cup final

7 nation army - 02 04 06 Gr8

Carnival de Paris Dario G - 98 cup final

Bee Gees - You Win Again -Mid/late 80s - early memories of the start my love affair with the old JTs.

1987;)

Drylaw Hearts
I remember singing at Tynecastle the game when we beat them 3-1 (Wright, Levein and Crabbe);)

The match I'm thinking of was the 2-1 win when Crabbe scored that great curling effort.

The match I'm thinking of was the 2-1 win when Crabbe scored that great curling effort.

Ah right, I recall singing loads of songs that day, that would get you drenched in coffee nowadays:laugh::laugh:

Glasgow Jambo
That Beautiful Day one after we pumped the vermin 4-0 at Tynie.

I'm sure that one was on after Austin stuck it up Cetic in the 2-1 game, but got a bit overplayed after that, ie every home game. PS I know alot of people hate the band due to their roots, but .............

cum feel the noise - oasis. 96 cup final. When i first started going to Tynecastle in the 80s i remember them playing - respect by erasure alot. :)

any one else remember. they used to play "yazz and the plastic population" "the only way is up" after every home game for about 3 years in the late 80's i think. every time i hear that i think of going to tynie..

also seem to remember SPAGMA.. "Call me"

any one else remember. they used to play "yazz and the plastic population" "the only way is up" after every home game for about 3 years in the late 80's i think. every time i hear that i think of going to tynie..

also seem to remember SPAGMA.. "Call me"

Yep remember yazz. By the way it's SPAGNA. :)

This probably won't even stand out to other posters as it sems random but Reef - Place Your Hands reminds me of our 1-0 win over Rangers (Bednar header)

Oh and I can't hear Zip Ah Dee Doo Dah without thinking of Jose Quitongo and that injury time goal against Celitic.

Thank You For Being A Friend...classic. I'd forgotten all about that!

The Silencers, I can feel it, sums up 'that weeekend' in 1998 to a tee for me. Everytime I hear it it takes me back, the 2nd verse especially. The sun was in my face, opposite the main stand and my foreheed got burnt.

Happy days!!!!!

There`s a murmur in the air

And I can`t hear it

There`s a magic atmosphere

Oh yes you know it`s true

There`s a love that`s everywhere

And I can feel it

I can feel it

On a day like today

You can wish yourself away

There`s nothing to do but I feel blessed

When everything`s in the right place

And the sun shines in your face

You feel like the King of Happiness

Oh yes

Yes yes yes

I got a feeling

I got a feeling

And I can`t hear it

And I can feel it

I can feel it

You came out of the scene

You came out of the colour scheme

You`ve taken my hand and made me smile

So now`s the second of the hour

Now`s the rush of the phantom power

You`ve taken this boy high as a mile

Oh yes

Yes yes

I get a feeling

I get a feeling

And I can`t hear it

And I can feel it

I can feel it

I get a feeling

I get a feeling

And I can`t hear it

And I can feel it

I can feel it

And I can feel it

I can feel it

Can you feel it

Guess The Crowd
UB40's Red Red Wine will allways remind me of the 3-2 game against Hibs in 1983. When "We were Back" and the 'Robbo Legend' was born.

One of my favourite ever games. The song was "number one" at the time. I'm sure they played it at the game. ( Either that or it was played frequently on duke boxes as we celebrated into the night ! )

A hugely significant game indeed.

Another No 1 from very much the same time was Karma Chameleon (whatever happened to Boy George?:mw_rolleyes:), and we all know how that one was added to the Hearts repertoire........

Not a song you hear often, thank gawd, but I distinctly remember the song 'Living Doll' by Cliff and the Young Ones (was it for comic relief of something?) being played at half time at Tannadice in THAT match in April 1986. Hearts fans were singing along to the young ones bits.

Locomotion by OMD reminds me of my first full season supporting Hearts 83/84, not sure if it was played at the games or just a song I liked from that time but if I hear it, it makes me think of walking onto Gorgie Road from Ardmillan to go to a game.

You Only Get What You Give by the New Radicals reminds me of both the semi-final and final from a couple of years back.

HelloSunshine

'We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...'

Easter Road 1997/98 season, when the filth were on their way to where they belong, and we were on our way to Hampden. Not a bad year really, just starting to enjoy the whiskey from then. Cheers :108years:

one more time- daft punk after beating gretna for the cup everytime i hear that song it sends me back :laugh:

Body Rockers - I like the way you move - Rangers game under Burley with the music and fireworks coreographed brilliantly with the players entry onto the pitch.

best in the land

it's magic- pilot

played at tynecastle after we won the cup in 2006.

also with a few changes in lyrics :laugh:

The Good - Dario G at the Cup final in 98

The Bad - She's out of my life by Michael Jackson. After Dens in 86 they played this on the bus. My wee brother in law was in bits beside me and the bus was like a mortuary. I can't hear that song without feeling awful.

The Ugly - Anything by the beatles. Including Hey Jude.

Archived