SIGN A STRIKER!!Whats the hold up

JAMMY

Any offer that is made is usully turned down first time, and the clubs negotiate until the last 10mins of the window remain then deals are done.

But we are Hearts so dont expect too much, we dont have cash to spend and not many players are free transfers at this time of the season. Although I think we could do worse than loan a young player from englands top leage....

We all know we need a striker, but if Bruno is back and plays behind nade, then he will get us goals (6 so far this season? or is it 4) It just may have to do until the summer when big wage players (wage thieves) leave the club and can be replaced.

Ok fair enough but thats not the point.

Csaba has compiled a list of 25 players and gave this to the Board/vlad! Csaba has stated so many times that we need a striker and we are no further forward now than we were 3 weeks ago when the window opened.

Yes i agree there may be cash flow porblems, but as you say, whay cant we look at england and try to get someone on loan on cheap wages/no wages at all!!

Im not expecting a big money signing. Thats just not going to happen anytime soon but we have to do something quickly.

Bruno is injury prone and his goals may dry up. were will that leave us!!??

It is a fair enough question. We are a number of games into the transfer window. Only 1 of which we have won in the league.

The manager has said that he wants a striker and has 13-14 targets I think. More than halfway through the window means it is fair to speculate on whether any of them come in.

Not so concerned about the lack of a striker signing for the first half of the month, assuming that we get one before the end of the month.

Csaba has compiled a list of 25 players and gave this to the Board/vlad! Csaba has stated so many times that we need a striker and we are no further forward now than we were 3 weeks ago when the window opened.

Yes i agree there may be cash flow porblems, but as you say, whay cant we look at england and try to get someone on loan on cheap wages/no wages at all!!

Im not expecting a big money signing. Thats just not going to happen anytime soon but we have to do something quickly.

it would be good to know some of the players on the list - see what leval of player we are looking at, price/wages etc, I would be happy with Porter but it seems he doesnt want to sign for us.

I would feel let down if we signed no-one, expec after Shabba stating that we need a striker, but after previous januarys I dont expect us to make any sort of signing that will vastly improve our strikeforce (although i hope im worng)

it would be good to know some of the players on the list - see what leval of player we are looking at, price/wages etc, I would be happy with Porter but it seems he doesnt want to sign for us.

I would feel let down if we signed no-one, expec after Shabba stating that we need a striker, but after previous januarys I dont expect us to make any sort of signing that will vastly improve our strikeforce (although i hope im worng)

You got that right!!

I would imagine like most other clubs now in the country we will need to release resources prior to any signings.

So until someone goes I dont imagine anyone coming in.

It's loan players from Kaunas courtesy of head scout Vlad or no players at all, or worse maybe another DAvid Obua

Big Dave is a player!!! Just you wait and see :laugh:

Yup cracking idea!!!! Lets tell everyone who our transfer targets are so when the first 4-5 players turn out to be too expensive/don't want to come player no 6 will feel really wanted and be desperate to join! Not to mention alerting other clubs to players they may have not yet had scouted!!

FFS there is a riot on here when the club does make a statement and we get all sorts of negative bull about washing our laundry in public yet when the club does stay quiet we get thread after thread asking whats going on? Sorry but it can't work both ways!

As for those greetin about it being half way through the transfer window and we have done nothing, how exactly do you know we have done nothing? We might or might not have made enquiries/bids but unless there is anything concrete why feign outrage focussed on the negative side?

Sorry rant over !

It's loan players from Kaunas courtesy of head scout Vlad or no players at all, or worse maybe another DAvid Obua

MAD VALD OUT!

:laugh:

siegementality
Yup cracking idea!!!! Lets tell everyone who our transfer targets are so when the first 4-5 players turn out to be too expensive/don't want to come player no 6 will feel really wanted and be desperate to join! Not to mention alerting other clubs to players they may have not yet had scouted!!

FFS there is a riot on here when the club does make a statement and we get all sorts of negative bull about washing our laundry in public yet when the club does stay quiet we get thread after thread asking whats going on? Sorry but it can't work both ways!

As for those greetin about it being half way through the transfer window and we have done nothing, how exactly do you know we have done nothing? We might or might not have made enquiries/bids but unless there is anything concrete why feign outrage focussed on the negative side?

Sorry rant over !

It would be good to know if we have done anything, and who, and for how much, those enquries/bids are.

I do :eek:

no, Obua.

i wouldn't go shouting out "i do" around these parts mate. someone will take that as an acceptance of a proposal. :(

I have a pritty reliable source mate :tongue:

You also have pretty bad spelling............................:laugh:

I heard we may be getting Bradly Wright-Philips on loan? has anyone else?

there's more chance of us signing zara philips.

I am sure that player will be really good....

You also have pretty bad spelling............................:laugh:

Oh i am really sorry i said an I instead of an E bet you are an English teacher?:D

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think a better question should surround the club source who claimed we were in negotiations to sell two players. What's the hold up there?

Sorry rant over !

Miss the point.

Usully when a club (hearts) make an enquiry with another club (lets say Blackpool) even if we want to keep it quiet, Blackpool/players agent would leak it to the press that hearts are intrested in the player, therefore creating more intrest for the player and blackpool/agent getting maximum value and wages for the player.

So far we have been linked with Porter and have signed Black. We have not been linked with any other players with a British Club... even after Shabba stating we need a striker, the papers could of linked us with ever player under the sun - but nothing nowt zilch.

Miss the point.

Usully when a club (hearts) make an enquiry with another club (lets say Blackpool) even if we want to keep it quiet, Blackpool/players agent would leak it to the press that hearts are intrested in the player, therefore creating more intrest for the player and blackpool/agent getting maximum value and wages for the player.

So far we have been linked with Porter and have signed Black. We have not been linked with any other players with a British Club... even after Shabba stating we need a striker, the papers could of linked us with ever player under the sun - but nothing nowt zilch.

And if they did, and we failed to sign them, folk on here would squeal and shout and throw their toys out the plan about being lied to by the club.

And if they did, and we failed to sign them, folk on here would squeal and shout and throw their toys out the plan about being lied to by the club.

I agree, people would react like that, but the facts are

We need a Striker - 22 goals this season is unacceptable

21 days into the transfer window and we have been linked with 1 goalscorer

I agree, people would react like that, but the facts are

We need a Striker - 22 goals this season is unacceptable

21 days into the transfer window and we have been linked with 1 goalscorer

And I agree too, if we do not get one, I will be dissappointed, but I will not shout or demand names now.

Archived