SIGN A STRIKER!!Whats the hold up

JAMMY

I see someone has taken the angry pills today..................I've had my fill from yesterday:laugh:

Fax him, he has more faith in faxes apparently :rolleyes:

You could start it... For FAX sake Vald, buy a stricker that might work.

Does the OP not have point tho?

21st of jan today. we have under 12 days left to do some business. I havent heard much coming out about Chris POrter or any other potential signings.

Is it not gonna happen?

Relax we have ample time the window does not close till midnight next Saturday, there will be loads of deals done on the last day.:D

Relax we have ample time the window does not close till midnight next Saturday, there will be loads of deals done on the last day.:D

Its 5pm on the 2nd IIRC.

Does the OP not have point tho?

21st of jan today. we have under 12 days left to do some business. I havent heard much coming out about Chris POrter or any other potential signings.

Business should be conducted behind closed doors until the player has signed. I hate speculation and rumours.

FFS.

Thats exactly what you will be saying when the window closes and we haven`t signed a striker...oh apart from maybe one from Kaunas!

Hope for the best: prepare for the worst.

I will be gobsmacked if the quote from Csaba on Feb 3rd isn't something along the lines of "we'll just get on with the players we already have".

Ye, of little faith.

Buffalo Bill

Is this a 'guess the word' game??

I love these.

I'll go for Belgian

...or should it be BELGIAN.

Do I win?

:emoticon_spam:

Son Of Anarchy

Im pretty sure things ARE being done.Do you expect to be kept informed at all times via the bat phone? Csabas No1 priority is a striker but if its not vlads priority then i will worry.In the mean time,chill.How often do transfer windows excite us? Never as we are Hearts.I go into them thinking nothing will get done,that way no dissapointment and if summit does happen,then its a bonus:) Still dont think the Porter move will happen,Mcghee will talk him out of it i think.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

The window in general has been quite quiet. Managers love waiting till the last minute. I think we will do the same

Thats exactly what you will be saying when the window closes and we haven`t signed a striker...oh apart from maybe one from Kaunas!

Nope.

So whats the reason they extended the deadline ?

Because the end of Jan falls on a weekend, when the office will be closed. Thats why it's open until 5pm on the Monday.

Because the end of Jan falls on a weekend, when the office will be closed. Thats why it's open until 5pm on the Monday.

Fair enough.

Francis Albert
Whats the hold up?Is this gonna happen or not??

Equally, despite the "everything must go" sale we were told about for weeks before the transfer window, we've not sold anyone and as far as I am aware haven't had a single serious offer.

You're right Csaba needs to sidle up to the first Striker he sees, get him to sign an (ahem) 'autograph';) know what i'm saying, 'autograph', nudge nudge ;);) say no more. Then all he needs to do is bundle him into the boot of his car while shouting Mwahhahaha and Bob's yer uncle, a shiny new striker.

Ally Alexander

As has been reported numerous times, the transfer window closes on Monday 2nd at 5.00PM.

Unlikely to sign anyone until someone leaves!

As has been reported numerous times, the transfer window closes on Monday 2nd at 5.00PM.

Unlikely to sign anyone until someone leaves!

I think this is the crux of the matter - thread closed:mw_rolleyes:

5pm, monday 1st of feb 2009. OK!

Monday's the 2nd of February!!OK?? :tongue:

Why don't we go for the young Guy Brewster from ICT, Seems he wants back in the game!! :laugh:

Chris Porter will NOT be at Hearts, Now or in the Summer...Fact, End Of etc...

Pardon?

It says he turned down a move to Hearts, will stay at Murderwell before,Hopefully, moving south in the Summer!!

It says he turned down a move to Hearts, will stay at Murderwell before,Hopefully, moving south in the Summer!!

He didn't turn down any move. He said he'd consider all options later but he'd like to move to England if it's possible.

marshallschunkychicken

Interesting.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a twenty-pager on that.

Any offer that is made is usully turned down first time, and the clubs negotiate until the last 10mins of the window remain then deals are done.

But we are Hearts so dont expect too much, we dont have cash to spend and not many players are free transfers at this time of the season. Although I think we could do worse than loan a young player from englands top leage....

We all know we need a striker, but if Bruno is back and plays behind nade, then he will get us goals (6 so far this season? or is it 4) It just may have to do until the summer when big wage players (wage thieves) leave the club and can be replaced.

Interesting.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a twenty-pager on that.

Motherwell haven't heard from Hearts since the original fax.

Archived