Fergies Replacement (NHC)

jamboinglasgow

I disagree on the wow factor, I suspect they will ease from Ferguson to Phelan, in the old Liverpool style.

I think that will be the tactic. However, I am not so sure it will be Phelan. When Ferguson leaves, he will (IMO) leave the job to his number two at the time. I feel you will be able to tell when he is preparing to leave and it will be when he takes on a serious coach as his number two.

It was a piece by Bobby Charlton. He was emphatic that Jose was not right for M.U. I go with Geoff K - think Capello will certainly be offered it.

Maybe he'd mellow in the United job though? Let's face it: he's the actor manager extraordinaire. And in any case, it's not as though the incumbent displays much in the way of grace or dignity, or doesn't go in for siege mentalities, is it? As for Fabio: I think England will be his last job, unless Italy come calling that is.

Charlie-Brown

Man Utd will be a very different club post taggart, giggs, neville, scholes etc. I don't think it will be an easy transition after such a long settled period.

Maybe he'd mellow in the United job though? Let's face it: he's the actor manager extraordinaire. And in any case, it's not as though the incumbent displays much in the way of grace or dignity, or doesn't go in for siege mentalities, is it? As for Fabio: I think England will be his last job, unless Italy come calling that is.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big Jose fan as you'd expect. Would hate to see him waste his career at a minor club. :)

Are you watching the inauguration? Unbelievable turnout. Talk about having the weight and expectations of the world on your shoulders. Think I'll stick to JKB.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big Jose fan as you'd expect. Would hate to see him waste his career at a minor club. :)

Are you watching the inauguration? Unbelievable turnout. Talk about having the weight and expectations of the world on your shoulders. Think I'll stick to JKB.

Certainly am! And ach, it's a piece of ****: I mean, imagine all that power, and the entire female population of the world throwing themselves at you wherever you go? Terrifying, eh? :)

Mourinho wants to win La Liga before he comes back to England so he won't be the Man Yoo manager after Ferguson, he may be the one after that though.

I think the Leaping Leprechaun will be close if he hasn't moved on from Villa by then. I wouldn't be surprised to see a United old boy like Bruce, Hughes or Keane take over with Ferguson tutoring them for a year or two from the side.

The Fat Waitor would jump at the chance to join Real and I think he will be their number one choice in the summer, unless Ramos pulls off a Champions League final place.

Mourinho wants to win La Liga before he comes back to England so he won't be the Man Yoo manager after Ferguson, he may be the one after that though.

I think the Leaping Leprechaun will be close if he hasn't moved on from Villa by then. I wouldn't be surprised to see a United old boy like Bruce, Hughes or Keane take over with Ferguson tutoring them for a year or two from the side.

The Fat Waitor would jump at the chance to join Real and I think he will be their number one choice in the summer, unless Ramos pulls off a Champions League final place.

On the basis that I don't think that SAF will just up and leave cutting all ties, I suspect it will be someone with whom he can communicate and who he trusts.

I think it'll be the man whose two injury time headers v Sheffield Wednesday are as important to SAF at United as the oft mentioned Mark Robins goal v Forest...Steve Bruce.

Don't agree about Rafa mate. He's peeved at not being given complete control of all team affairs, he ain't gonna get that at Real, where the Chairman gets voted in on the promise of who he is going to bring to the club.

Also think that after all the speculation that the Americans weren't going to offer him a new contract he'll want job security. He's definitely not gonna get at Real. You could win the league there and still get the bullet, a la Capello.

Your right about MON, he'll be the next Manure manager. Fact. End Of.

Don't agree about Rafa mate. He's peeved at not being given complete control of all team affairs, he ain't gonna get that at Real, where the Chairman gets voted in on the promise of who he is going to bring to the club.

Also think that after all the speculation that the Americans weren't going to offer him a new contract he'll want job security. He's definitely not gonna get at Real. You could win the league there and still get the bullet, a la Capello.

Your right about MON, he'll be the next Manure manager. Fact. End Of.

Managing Real Madrid is one of the top 5 jobs in the world, that would be very hard to knock back. Plus, Benitez worked under the same set up as Real, at Valencia where he proved to be very successful and win the league.

You're not going to get job security at any club these days. Not winning in 5 games at any major club in the world will see you under pressure. If Benitez was put off by that he'll never leave Liverpool.

Rupert Pupkin

Everyone knows its GORDON STRACHAN,he knows it all ,and has all the excuses.

Managing Real Madrid is one of the top 5 jobs in the world, that would be very hard to knock back. Plus, Benitez worked under the same set up as Real, at Valencia where he proved to be very successful and win the league.

You're not going to get job security at any club these days. Not winning in 5 games at any major club in the world will see you under pressure. If Benitez was put off by that he'll never leave Liverpool.

I understand Real's one of the biggest jobs but if the only reason he's not signing a new contract at Liverpool is beacuse he can't control all aspects of the club, I can't see going to another club where the situation is exactly the same.

If Man u came in for O'Neill, I think he would probably go.

However, if Liverpool came in, why would he want to go? He's got Randy Lerner who he gets on very well with. And he has a lot of cash to spend on whoever he wants. Would that be the same if he went to Liverpool?????

Villa are only going to go forward.

If Man u came in for O'Neill, I think he would probably go.

However, if Liverpool came in, why would he want to go? He's got Randy Lerner who he gets on very well with. And he has a lot of cash to spend on whoever he wants. Would that be the same if he went to Liverpool?????

Villa are only going to go forward.

As a Liverpool fan it pains me to say it but O'Neill would be daft to go to Anfield. Your right, Villa are only going to go forward.

Whilst I hope Liverpool can maintain their title challenge, I don't think they will be able to.

The arrival of reinforcements during the transfer window is essential, but as long as the warring american idiots are in charge, thats not going to happen, just like the title.

Gary Neville will at some stage in his career be a manager. Interesting to see if he hangs about as a coach for a while and perhaps becomes Fergies number two. You never know, he would be in his mid to late thirties by the time Fergie is ready for retirement and if he has been mentored to fill the role, would it be beyond the realms of possibility. It reminds me of Dalglish taking over from Joe Fagan.

He certainly has the respect of his team mates, he is the consummate model pro, and anytime I've seen him in interviews, he seems to come across as a reasonably intelligent and articulate man.

Just a thought.

rudi must stay

wouldn't be suprised if it's Marcelo Lippi, is he not friends with Sir Alex Ferguson. He's managing Italy at the moment but who knows how long that will be for

rudi must stay
How about, for an outside bet, Darren Ferguson taking over from his Daddy.

that would be a nice touch and Darren Ferguson is doing incredibly well at Peterborough. Because of the history of the club and how well SAF has done though they really need somebody who can win things straight away

I'll ask him.

Can you also ask where he got his glasses? I really like them.

I don't actually need to wear glasses as such though. Actually, now that I think about it, don't bother. I'll probably have no need for them. Just the Villa question would be great.

Thanks

Hans von Luck

Mixu is the man for United.

He can pass on all the "flair fitbaw" from Fester Road.

Ronaldo for Centre Half. :tongue:

Mourinho has said he will leave Inter when his contract expires, in two years. Exactly the same time as Fergie has said he will retire.

2 + 2 =?

Mourinho has said he will leave Inter when his contract expires, in two years. Exactly the same time as Fergie has said he will retire.

2 + 2 =?

Mourinho. Fact. End of. He told me so.

Or Blobby Williamson, though it'll be tough to prise him away from the Uganda gig....

Would think either Moyes or Bruce.

Red fans like both of them. Similar type of personality to Ferguson.

Think one of the last they want at OT is The Special One

Archived