Top Six League

neverlikedElvis

neverlikedElvis

if the top six teams were currently in a six team league, we'd be bottom, with one win and 5 draws.

dinnae mean to be all doom and gloom but we really need to start taking points of the other 5 if we're gonna get into yoorup.

on a more positive note, our record in cup competitions against top six teams is 100%.:108years:

if the top six teams were currently in a six team league, we'd be bottom, with one win and 5 draws.

dinnae mean to be all doom and gloom but we really need to start taking points of the other 5 if we're gonna get into yoorup.

on a more positive note, our record in cup competitions against top six teams is 100%.:108years:

No we wouldn't we would be fifth. ANyway that is a stupid statement. You could also say that if the bottom eight were in an 8 team lague, we would be top

EDIT - I get your point now, still a meaningles statment though.

Agree with you NLE but i don`t know why this keeps getting brought up? I`m confident we`ll take more points off the Sheep, Utd etc..

The season lasts 38 games and there`s other teams in the league to beat too. I know beating the teams close to you can be a boost but i don`t for one minute think The Sheep, Utd are better than us. We`ve just not had the breaks in front of goal against them both at home ,but we dominated them.

neverlikedElvis
And you point is ?

probably something along the lines of...."we're doing ok but need to beat the clubs in the top half as well"

wasn't too difficult was it?

neverlikedElvis
Agree with you NLE but i don`t know why this keeps getting brought up? I`m confident we`ll take more points off the Sheep, Utd etc..

The season lasts 38 games and there`s other teams in the league to beat too. I know beating the teams close to you can be a boost but i don`t for one minute think The Sheep, Utd are better than us. We`ve just not had the breaks in front of goal against them both at home ,but we dominated them.

we didn't dominate aberdeen or united away. both at home maybe. we have dominated the vermin home and away and have been unfortunate.

we do need to start picking up points against the teams at the top end of the table to give us a wee bit confidence in the split.

perhaps more important to highlight our points haul vs dundee united, aberdeen and hibs. it's not great but it's not a disaster, and it's slightly offset by our 4 points vs the OF. no need for much panic.

if we had won all the game vs DU, aberdeen and hibs and had lost a few more vs the others, there would still be a concern from some quarters.

the main thing is that we are in great shape for the european places, it could be worse.

neverlikedElvis

you're right, we are in good shape for yoorup.. I just hadn't realised how poorly we'd done against the other 5 teams until I read it on another football forum

probably something along the lines of...."we're doing ok but need to beat the clubs in the top half as well"

wasn't too difficult was it?

True but then again there is a long way to go in the leaque... Rangers and Celtic would be even further ahead had the not dropped points to us. But more than that the championship is about all the teams in the leauge not just those in the top six. Looking back over previous seasons I can remember times when we were out of Europe not because we failed aginst the top six but got royally shaffted by emm.... Gretna etc...

you're right, we are in good shape for yoorup.. I just hadn't realised how poorly we'd done against the other 5 teams until I read it on another football forum
Was it opposition fans picking the bones out of our form and trying to demean us?

It`s all about collective results. I`m not going to look into it but i`d bet theres another current top 6 team got a worse record than us against some of the keech near the bottom.

Would that even it up??

I suppose that is off-set by the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd not doing quite as well against the lower teams as we are. Beating Rangers and Celtic get you the same amount of points as taking care of ICT and Hamilton.

But yes, it's a fair point. I thought the 0-0s v Dundee Utd and Hibs were the slight let-downs and possibly the 1-1 draw v Aberdeen. You gotta win your home games.

However overall, a great improvement from last year. The team is giving 100% and we're in the mix for a Euro spot.

Buffalo Bill

We are in a very good/strong position at the moment, but there is no doubt that the lack of a goalscorer/s has cost us dearly in certain games, as I can think of quite a few matches that we would have probably won if we had a goalscorer:

4/10/08 H Kilmarnock Lost 1-2

19/10/08 A Hibs Drew 1-1

25/10/08 H Aberdeen Drew 1-1

13/12/08 A Celtic Drew 1-1

20/12/08 H Dundee Utd Drew 0-0

3/1/09 H Hibs Drew 0-0

That makes a total of 13 points that we could very well have picked up and would have us on 48pts and out od sight for 3rd spot and in the mix for the league.

I am convinced that if we had 1/2 good goalscorers in our team, all of the above matches would have resulted in a Hearts win.

Archived