Spurs v Pompey

cosanostra

That is quite spooky. Did you say that before Ramos went to Real?

You're bang on about Redknapp as well, by the way. That is exactly the kind of manager he is.

And yes, the BBC documentary was awful, but at least they had the nerve to attempt to expose one of the secretive industries in the country. They should have done more though. It also didn't surprise me one bit that two of the biggest question marks were over guys like Redknapp and Allardyce.

I certainly did! Allardyce and Redknapp are as dodgy as they come - but if you're going to put together a programme like that, the accusations have to stick. Panorama's didn't, and then some.

PresidentRomanov

Harry Redknapp sits there like a nodding dog, he'd be better off doing Churchill adverts, he doesn't look quite right to me :)

Are you 'avin a larf? Did you read the article I linked to? Maybe you should read this too:

http://www.just-football.com/2008/10/two-faced-redknapp-not-quite-onest-arry.html

"I genuinely never thought I would go to Southampton."

Read that sentence - then read it again. This is after he went back on his promises to Pompey fans within a fortnight, then betrayed Saints fans in turn, and couldn't understand why he wasn't welcomed back to Fratton Park with open arms. It's laughable. Saddam Hussein: "I genuinely never thought I'd gas my own people".

And even more laughably, you've bought it. Hook, line and sinker.

I'm not that arsed about it to be honest. I can't be bothered arguing about it. I just meant he doesn't seem to blame the ref/linesman when they get beat as much as some managers do. Quite often i've heard him say things like "It probably was a penalty but being honest we weren't good enough today" which is quite refreshing in today's blame culture. Although if you're suggesting he's two faced then what are the fans who didn't want him to come back and are now moaning because he's left!

Neither have I. That he's so popular within football sums up so much that is wrong with the game IMO.

Apart from going from Portsmouth to the Saints and back again, cant see too much wrong with old Harry.

The article you put up earlier in the thread seemed to be written by one very bitter man. I wonder if he held these opinions when they won the cup and had them finishing high up the league.

Really like old droopy.

Apart from going from Portsmouth to the Saints and back again, cant see too much wrong with old Harry.

The article you put up earlier in the thread seemed to be written by one very bitter man. I wonder if he held these opinions when they won the cup and had them finishing high up the league.

Really like old droopy.

Actually, he never entirely won them back again - because they couldn't trust him. The lies, GA? The constant self-serving nonsense about why he did this or that, or - get this - his complaints after taking the Spurs job about how poor his squad was - after they spent ****loads in the summer?

They shouldn't be finishing top 4 - but should certainly be comfortable enough in the middle of the table if not higher. And that's before I even mention the point that he's dodgier than a five bob note. Tom Bower's Broken Dreams has getting on for an entire chapter dedicated to Redknapp's extra-curricular activities: it makes highly illuminating reading.

Actually, he never entirely won them back again - because they couldn't trust him. The lies, GA? The constant self-serving nonsense about why he did this or that, or - get this - his complaints after taking the Spurs job about how poor his squad was - after they spent ****loads in the summer?

They shouldn't be finishing top 4 - but should certainly be comfortable enough in the middle of the table if not higher. And that's before I even mention the point that he's dodgier than a five bob note. Tom Bower's Broken Dreams has getting on for an entire chapter dedicated to Redknapp's extra-curricular activities: it makes highly illuminating reading.

The Spurs squad is pretty poor though. They have spent a shed load of money on very average players and are heavy in numbers for certain positions and very short in others.

As for Redknapps "extra-curricular activities", Im not sure if you are hinting at bungs, but he has never been charged with anything. The only thing I can think of in that Panoramma program is him saying he would be interested in the Blackburn player.

Like I said, I wonder what the writer thought when Potstsmouth lifted the FA Cup - or on those European nights they had this year.

Had a feeling you had a bit of dough riding on that one. What a shocker.

Had a ?5 -7 team accumulator and Spurs let me down. It's always extra annoying when it's the last one.

God knows why Bentley wasn't playing from the start.

Not the case according to Pompey diehard I know. They were delighted to have Harry back as he got Saints relegated after keeping Pompey up. He then won the Cup and got them Uefa football. He is even understanding of Harry moving on again, as he?d already turned down Newcastle. They know they are not a big club and have been punching above their weight. Now it is back to being content just to be in the EPL...and dreaming of a new stadium.

Archived