Spurs v Pompey

cosanostra

Who's all watching?

Spurs have set up with an extremely attacking team. The big guy Zokora will have to play well and cover his defence.

I reckon 3-1 Spurs.

loveofthegame

Yep, my hungover day on the couch has so far watched West Ham-Fulham, a cracking 35 mins at Pittodrie, now this followed by Hearts Killie on Sky+.Perfect.

Can't believe it's still 0-0.

Some of the saves made by David James have been incredible. I just can't see Pompey clinging on for 90 minutes.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's a shame to see Pompey so gash this season. They had an amazing team last season.

James is some keeper, still ruins it with the regular errors he makes. Gomes is just gash. Gash and injured.

Can't believe it's still 0-0.

Some of the saves made by David James have been incredible. I just can't see Pompey clinging on for 90 minutes.

At the other end though, Spurs are a bit of a bombscare and Pompey could easily nick one on the break.

At the other end though, Spurs are a bit of a bombscare and Pompey could easily nick one on the break.

Damn right, Spurs defending has been all over the place.

Great save from Gomes there.

What's the story wi King? How is he so ridiculously injury prone? Thought he was retiring?

What's the story wi King? How is he so ridiculously injury prone? Thought he was retiring?

Not sure tbh.

The status with him is that he cannot play more than one game a week, and even then he is pushing it.

My guess is that a doctor told him to stop and he ignored him.

Not sure tbh.

The status with him is that he cannot play more than one game a week, and even then he is pushing it.

My guess is that a doctor told him to stop and he ignored him.

It's a shame, he had the potential to be a top player.

Does Aaron Lennon remind anyone of Andy Driver? Their games are almost identical!

It's a shame, he had the potential to be a top player.

Does Aaron Lennon remind anyone of Andy Driver? Their games are almost identical!

I know what you mean.

He always looks like he's going to do something special but the final ball or shot is a let down.

I know what you mean.

He always looks like he's going to do something special but the final ball or shot is a let down.

But that's true of all wingers, isn't it? At the highest level, full back is probably the most demanding position (whereas at lower levels, it's the easiest) - but wingers don't come far behind. And the best - those who don't flatter to deceive and consistently produce a telling final ball - are worth their weight in gold.

But that's true of all wingers, isn't it? At the highest level, full back is probably the most demanding position (whereas at lower levels, it's the easiest) - but wingers don't come far behind. And the best - those who don't flatter to deceive and consistently produce a telling final ball - are worth their weight in gold.

Well if there are wingers that "don't flatter to deceive and consistently produce a telling final ball" it's obviously not true of all wingers. :mw_rolleyes:

I see Gareth Bales run of never having won a league game with Spurs looks likely to continue. :D

Is that true? Did he not used to have a stat of never having lost with Wales when they had that period of relative success?

Bale looks like a gibbon...

Spurs are hellish.

Is it still unthinkable that they could get relegated?

Pompey have been lucky though.

Deflection for their goal as well. The difference has been James and Campbell.

Spurs are hellish.

Nope.

A group of footballers who think they are better than they are.

Flash Harry is going to have to sort some bungs out to get out of this mess!

Spurs are hellish.

I was thinking before today this could be the season when a big club goes down instead of the usual 3 promoted clubs. In actual fact we could see 3 big clubs go down. Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, Middlesboro, even Man City plus a few others. Nobody is safe because Hull and Stoke have done well and even West Brom are making a fight of it.

I was thinking before today this could be the season when a big club goes down instead of the usual 3 promoted clubs. In actual fact we could see 3 big clubs go down. Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, Middlesboro, even Man City plus a few others. Nobody is safe because Hull and Stoke have done well and even West Brom are making a fight of it.

Middlesbrough? Big? :laugh:

Pompey have been lucky though.

Deflection for their goal as well. The difference has been James and Campbell.

They have been a tad lucky, but Spurs have been hellish, not just in this game but in most of their recent matches.

West Ham and Man City are definitely safe IMO.

The Real Maroonblood

Just as well he isn't at Hearts as there wouldn't be enough treatmet tables.

I'd be delighted if Boro go down. What do they add to the Premiership?

They are the equivalent of Killie in the SPL.

And Southgate is a ****ing horse.

alwaysthereinspirit

Spurs would be the "biggest" club to go down in quite a while.

Think it would be good for them to be relegated. Saying that Dafoe scores a cracker.

Is that true? Did he not used to have a stat of never having lost with Wales when they had that period of relative success?

Bale looks like a gibbon...

Aye, it's something like 20 games now with them having lost the majority.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I would have a smile on my face for a week if Newcastle went down. Almost everything associated with that club is loathsome - from their fat, stupid, delusional fans to their fat, stupid, delusional owner. And that's even before considering Kinnear, Wise, Joey Barton and Alan Smith.

Darren Bent you absolute ****ing idiot.

Spurs are usually my team that never lets me down. That was for ?200 and was the last game on my coupon.

Bent, I hope you get the worst case of Haemmarhoids in the history of mankind.

Spurs are usually my team that never lets me down. That was for ?200 and was the last game on my coupon.

Had a feeling you had a bit of dough riding on that one. What a shocker.

Maybe he will give you 200 quid out of his 90k a week wages! :laugh:

That is an excellent read.

I've never bought into the media love in for Harry Redknapp.

Neither have I. That he's so popular within football sums up so much that is wrong with the game IMO.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
That is an excellent read.

I've never bought into the media love in for Harry Redknapp.

I don't like him either. He's popular with British footballers because he's a thick, foul-mouthed tosser - much like themselves.

Must say though, the media wasn't doing much loving when the BBC basically accused Redknapp of being bent.

I would have a smile on my face for a week if Newcastle went down. Almost everything associated with that club is loathsome - from their fat, stupid, delusional fans to their fat, stupid, delusional owner. And that's even before considering Kinnear, Wise, Joey Barton and Alan Smith.

Newcastle getting relegated could be a blessing in disguise for them. They can try and get rid of their 'players' and build a proper football squad. Either that or it could all go tits up and they sink into oblivion.

Oh before I forget Harry Redknapp is a guiser.

I don't like him either. He's popular with British footballers because he's a thick, foul-mouthed tosser - much like themselves.

Must say though, the media wasn't doing much loving when the BBC basically accused Redknapp of being bent.

But they did it through such a laughably inept programme that he was able to just laugh at them. Below, a prediction I made several months ago (when Redknapp was appointed) in an email to a Spurs-supporting friend of mine:

Redknapp will indulge the lads in their drinking, partying and shagging culture, so will improve you in the short term - before it all goes tits up again this time next year. Ramos, on whom I broadly agree with you, but whose lack of English and odd country bumpkin demeanour probably was part of the issue, will get snapped up by Real Madrid soon and be a huge success. Poyet will end up as an assistant at Chelsea before too long. And Agent Comolli can finally return to base, to be greeted by Arsene Wenger and Peter Hill-Wood with the words, "Mission Accomplished!"

Meanwhile, Spurs will go on to confirm 11th place, endure various crises and panics... before winning the FA Cup under Jurgen Klinsmann in 2011. Huzzah!

Most of it's coming true, isn't it? :)

Neither have I. That he's so popular within football sums up so much that is wrong with the game IMO.

I like him. No frills, never makes excuses and tells it like it is. If only more people in football were the same.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
But they did it through such a laughably inept programme that he was able to just laugh at them. Below, a prediction I made several months ago (when Redknapp was appointed) in an email to a Spurs-supporting friend of mine:

Redknapp will indulge the lads in their drinking, partying and shagging culture, so will improve you in the short term - before it all goes tits up again this time next year. Ramos, on whom I broadly agree with you, but whose lack of English and odd country bumpkin demeanour probably was part of the issue, will get snapped up by Real Madrid soon and be a huge success. Poyet will end up as an assistant at Chelsea before too long. And Agent Comolli can finally return to base, to be greeted by Arsene Wenger and Peter Hill-Wood with the words, "Mission Accomplished!"

Meanwhile, Spurs will go on to confirm 11th place, endure various crises and panics... before winning the FA Cup under Jurgen Klinsmann in 2011. Huzzah!

Most of it's coming true, isn't it? :)

That is quite spooky. Did you say that before Ramos went to Real?

You're bang on about Redknapp as well, by the way. That is exactly the kind of manager he is.

And yes, the BBC documentary was awful, but at least they had the nerve to attempt to expose one of the secretive industries in the country. They should have done more though. It also didn't surprise me one bit that two of the biggest question marks were over guys like Redknapp and Allardyce.

I like him. No frills, never makes excuses and tells it like it is. If only more people in football were the same.

Are you 'avin a larf? Did you read the article I linked to? Maybe you should read this too:

http://www.just-football.com/2008/10/two-faced-redknapp-not-quite-onest-arry.html

"I genuinely never thought I would go to Southampton."

Read that sentence - then read it again. This is after he went back on his promises to Pompey fans within a fortnight, then betrayed Saints fans in turn, and couldn't understand why he wasn't welcomed back to Fratton Park with open arms. It's laughable. Saddam Hussein: "I genuinely never thought I'd gas my own people".

And even more laughably, you've bought it. Hook, line and sinker.

Archived