English Premiership Relegation Battle

New Dawn

Ive explained this in my posts if you started reading and stopped trying to put your ipod shuffle onto the proclaimers!

I live with a blackburn fan, a wednesday fan and a spurs fan, plus two geordie girls and a girl who doesnt like footy.

Incidentally the two hardcore newcastle fans can only name Michael owen as one of there players. Oh and keiran dyer apparently.

Norwich have a great fanbase. As do many championship clubs. But Wednesday fans have had to put up with a lot of sh*t and its good to see them turning it around. Do i feel sorry for the spoilt wee child of the EPL Newcastle....nope.

Then they're not fans, are they? :) As for the Proclaimers... nah. I've got the snooker on at the moment. C'mon Ronnie!

Then they're not fans, are they? :) As for the Proclaimers... nah. I've got the snooker on at the moment. C'mon Ronnie!

Always a pleasure Shaun, i do like to be irrational and a bit of a wind up in football debates! :tongue:

I think that this seasons Premiership is turning into the most interesting season for many years.

The battle at the top of the league is taking up most of the column inches, but the mediocrity at the bottom has produced a fascinating battle to escape the drop to the Championship.

There are now 13 teams separated by 7 points from Tottenham in 20th up to Hull in 8th.

To illustrate how tight the league is, today Tottneham can jump from 20th to 12th if they beat Portsmouth at home. I'd imagine that by mid January in most seasons 12th would be a relatively safe postion to be in.

I think that the transfer window will obviosuly be key. Portsmouth, who are on a terrible run, might get the chance now to buy themselves out of trouble given the money that has come in.

So who are likely to go down? My tips at the moment would be Middlesborough, West Brom and Bolton.

This is the wrong Forum for english items>

Bollocks.

Disagree 100%

They have a s*** team.

Think theyre the greatest team from the North East, sorry but Boro and Middlesbrough have won more in the past 20 years than them.

Still go on and on about Shearer when he left donkeys ago.

Would love it if these clowns went down, and the atmosphere at St James Park is laughable.

Maybe they will finally win something, promotion back to the Premierleague in the next couple of years if they go down this season which i think they will.

I really hope the Boro go down as I can't stand Gareth Southgate and I don't think that they would be any loss to the Premiership at all.

dont think southgate is doing any good for the boro but, that second bit is rubbish :P

dont think they will go down they have a decent team just need to get there act together :D

Cmon the smoggies!!

i reckon newcastle, hull and West Brom will go down

thats the teams I think will go down too. Stoke seem to have more fight about them than newcastle at the moment.

would love to see newcastle go down, there fans couldnt see what ashley was trying to achieve (arsenal type setup) but all they want is millions to be spent on over-rated crap.

wolves to come up ;):) and birmingham/west brom to slum it down in the championship :D

Hull are going down and I am happy. I began saying it when they had taken 18 points early doors in the season!

If Newcastle were to join them I would explode with happiness:):):)

Disagree 100%

They have a s*** team.

Think theyre the greatest team from the North East, sorry but Boro and Middlesbrough have won more in the past 20 years than them.

Still go on and on about Shearer when he left donkeys ago.

Would love it if these clowns went down, and the atmosphere at St James Park is laughable.

Maybe they will finally win something, promotion back to the Premierleague in the next couple of years if they go down this season which i think they will.

Boro and Middlesbrough aye?

I assume you mean Middlesbrough, who have won a league cup recently, and Sunderland, who have won the the same number of major trophies in the last 20 years as Newcastle - none.

Shearer left a couple of years ago, hardly donkeys. And the guy was a complete legend for Newcastle, it's hardly surprising his name crops up, is it? Plenty of Arsenal fans still go on about Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry.

As for the atmosphere at St James' being "laughable" - have you ever been? I can only assume you have not going by that statement.

dont think southgate is doing any good for the boro but, that second bit is rubbish :P

dont think they will go down they have a decent team just need to get there act together :D

Cmon the smoggies!!

Do teams like Wolves and Birmingham not far bigger potential than Middlesbrough?

Archived