Smith: Old firm need investment!

ring-of-fire

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1861_4805308,00.html

I know the article is about Kaka but the underlying theme is that poor ol' Rangers cant affort to compete against the European elite blah blah blah...

Maybe that old bawbag Wattie (well David Murray:mw_rolleyes:) should just stop signing s***e and they would be able to compete for europe! Does he think that the Portugese, French, Greek and Cyproit(!) teams in the CL and UC this season have acess to the level of investment the the priemership has?! I HATE this guy. Booo Walter Smith, Boooo!:mad:

I know the article is about Kaka but the underlying theme is that poor ol' Rangers cant affort to compete against the European elite blah blah blah...

Maybe that old bawbag Wattie (well David Murray:mw_rolleyes:) should just stop signing s***e and they would be able to compete for europe! Does he think that the Portugese, French, Greek and Cyproit(!) teams in the CL and UC this season have acess to the level of investment the the priemership has?! I HATE this guy. Booo Walter Smith, Boooo!:mad:

The problem is not just who they buy, it's who they buy from. By taking everyone of any worth from the teams in your own league, they suffer from poorer competition. They also suffer by currying favour from the refs. Because they get such an easy ride in the SPL they find it so much harder to compete.

Watch any game outwith the SPL the OF are invovled in and see how the refs make it a different game. Barry,Broadfoot ,Weir ect shout and moan at refs. This IMHO should result in a card for abuse( it will never happen).When they play games in the SPL they have evry advantage and this disapears when they play in Europe.

The thing is, the OF and all their retarded little fans actually believe that they deserve to have money thrown at them and that, regardless of what has happened in the past, they are up there with the biggest clubs in Europe.

Aye. Up there not being able to compete with Kaunas, Wattie. Welcome to the real world. The big league doesn't want you, the big European cup is far too good for you and the big players aren't interested in you.

Don't forget the European giants that are BATE Borisov from Belarus :D with their stagering 5500 seater stadium and an average league attendance of 3500. How could Rangers posibly compete with that? :mad:

Perhaps he should stop whining and apologise to Rangers fans for all the money he has squandered in the transfer market. I remember someone did a tally of Wenger?s net spend/return in the transfer market and found he?d made the club millions. I don?t know if that is still the case as they?ve lost good players on the cheap and on Bosmans since then, but I would just love to see a similar thing for Smith! It would be pure comedy...

Archived