Bye Bye Bednar

dazajmbo

ROMAN BEDNAR has insisted he has no intention of playing again for Hearts.

The Czech Republic international ace is at West Brom on a season-long loan but has not discussed the prospect of a permanent switch to the English Championship side with Hawthorns boss Tony Mowbray.

Bednar said: "It's too early to talk with the manager yet about my future.

"I'll have to look at the clubs on offer and choose the best one.

"I can tell you one thing though, I don't want to go back to Hearts."

Daily Record.

Fair Play to the guy for speaking his mind about Hearts

The Czech Republic international ace is at West Brom on a season-long loan but has not discussed the prospect of a permanent switch to the English Championship side with Hawthorns boss Tony Mowbray.

Daily Record.

What he wants and what he gets are two different things.

Remember we own his contract,if we want him to come back he will or he will be frozen out of football until his contracts up.

Bednar is playing a dangerous game imo.

cobbyshambles

Daily Record.

a preverbial peebles post

Miller Jambo 60

Remember we own his contract,if we want him to come back he will or he will be frozen out of football until his contracts up.

PASS off mate you are a wee fish in a big sea you done nowt for a whole season at tyne bye bye

Thats what I thought. Coming out with statements like that is probably more likely to make Romanov get him back to Hearts and spend his remaning contract rotting at Riccarton without the hope of ever getting into the first team.

Miller Jambo 60
Thats what I thought. Coming out with statements like that is probably more likely to make Romanov get him back to Hearts and spend his remaning contract rotting at Riccarton without the hope of ever getting into the first team.

So you are saying Bednar is bigger than HEARTS dont thin:dribble:k so

A bit like Balde at Celtic or Klos at Rangers.

A great shame IMO he is a class act (as he is showing) with a manager in place he would have been great for us!!

9 goals in 11 games shows the potential he has!!!

Never mind i will take 2million for him, rising every time he scores!!

The Bednar deal is done

The percentage of any sell on ,particulary a quick sell on ,still to be agreed

A bit like the Lee Millar one then??? everytime he scored a goal for us Bristol put his fee up,that's why vlad didn't want him.

Nothing is set in stone as yet,watch this space.

he wont be putting on a maroon shirt again, unless its for Scunthorpe, stenhousemuir, arbroath salerntana, torino etc. :P

Would love to see him back in maroon. Can't blame the guy for not wanting to though.

Got To agree another the Cup Winning team forced out.:mad:

The Bednar deal is done

Over ?1M?

Honestly - is the price a good one?

The Bednar deal is done

The deal is done but the details are not agreed on ? Does that sound like a done deal ? :wacko:

**** of bednar no one likes you we dnot care if you dont come back, take your mate pospisil with you :)

boabyarsebiscuit
The Bednar deal is done

Colonel - is the agreed fee more than 300k?

Surely Hearts would have him selling for a decent price? 3yrs left, 2.5yrs maybe? ?500k would be cheap certainly, even with a sell on clause.

?1m - ?1.5m, if he was hubz he'd be flogged for double that, "flair tax" sure puts the price up.

I am disappointed that Hearts forced Bednar out.

He's proving what I always thought - that he is a quality player and we should have tried to get the best out of him.

Romanov has already agreed a fee with WBA, this was in the media at the time and confirmed by the club

Romanov cannot pull out , cannot recall and cannot feck up bednars career any more

Can we please get over him as he has gone

Daily Record.

Before jumping into anything check the source! As mentioned before not much transfer dealings with the unwashed so will write any pash, BUT HOWEVER if true good riddance, Think we've got enough players just now with no commitment to play for hearts

I'd be gutted if we only got ?300-500k for him so hoping he tells West Brom where to go and he goes elsewhere for a couple of million. Can't see him wanting to do us a favour though for some reason.

Romanov has already agreed a fee with WBA, this was in the media at the time and confirmed by the club

Romanov cannot pull out , cannot recall and cannot feck up bednars career any more

Bednar has to sign for WBA at the end of the season regardless. We have no choice, he has no choice and WBA have no choice.

Nobody can stop this happening, it is what he has to do. :P

I wouldn't bet on it.:eek:

Father Tiresias
Over ?1M?

Honestly - is the price a good one?

Does it matter what we get for Bednar?

Any money we receive for players seems to go down a big black hole in Lithuania.

Any money we receive for players seems to go down a big black hole in Lithuania.

Yes it matters. Just beacuse we don't spend it straight away doesn't mean it disappears. Have you ever heard of companies having to report their finances every so often...?

The big black hole that is developing Tynecastle and guarenteeing we stay at home for another 100 years.

Good riddance.

All the 'if we had a manager' stuff is true but I think his desire to be anywhere but Tynecastle might explain why for the last 6 months for us he couldn't hit a barn door from 3 yards and couldn't be fit for 3 games running.

While anybody playing for us at the time has every right to want away from the circus, Roman Bednar was not top of the list of having good reason. He was scarcely fit, his performances were up and down and this fairly reflected in his selection. He appeared in the squad when fit and shared time with Velicka and Pospisil, one of those two was playing better than he was.

From what I heard, very good source before you ask, is that he had a lot of dissatisfaction that Pospisil turned into only a bit part player. Roman, like Mickael, felt Pospisil had been treated unfairly as part of our system.

Now, if that's true, it's something we could debate about but I'd like to think many Hearts fans would agree with myself by saying Mickael Pospisil is a crap version of Andrius Velicka. He's on a par with Juho Makela and Ricardas Beniusis. He know's where the goals are but is a very poor footballer. His continual omissions from the squad were very justified IMO. From playing in the starting line-up I think he played about 3 good games all season, his best performances were always off the bench when he always looked hungrier and more dangerous, which in my opinion pretty much sums him up.

Bednar's talent was never in doubt, his fitness and perhaps his application were.

Father Tiresias
The big black hole that is developing Tynecastle and guarenteeing we stay at home for another 100 years.

And it's all because our owner loves us so much!! :dribble:

I would rather be hearing about a new manager with TOTAL authority and a ?50m investment in the team.

Bendar's a fat *****.

He'd been gash for us a year before he went down to Monkey Heid.

Don't come back, bet you've still got your habit down there..

And it's all because our owner loves us so much!! :dribble:

I would rather be hearing about a new manager with TOTAL authority and a ?50m investment in the team.

I don't think he loves you and me, chizzy, but you never know. I would. :dribble:

He is never ever going to put up ?50 million spending money but he will do what he thinks is best for Hearts, which is a lot more than anyone else will do.

Father Tiresias
Yes it matters. Just beacuse we don't spend it straight away doesn't mean it disappears. Have you ever heard of companies having to report their finances every so often...?

Report their finances? Don't make me laugh!! ALL visibility and accountability into Hearts finances went when the owner took us out of the LSE.

Archived