Tangoman off to Norwich (NHC)

t04dg7

I know alot of you wont be interested in this, but it looks as though the fat balloon will be off to Norwich next week.

Anyone think this will spell the end of Mark McGhee at Motherwell? Could be good for us aswell if Porter decides to jump ship.

Might cause them problems in their battle for Europe too, especially if he takes Miller with him!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth
I know alot of you wont be interested in this, but it looks as though the fat balloon will be off to Norwich next week.

Anyone think this will spell the end of Mark McGhee at Motherwell? Could be good for us aswell if Porter decides to jump ship.

Might cause them problems in their battle for Europe too, especially if he takes Miller with him!

Ha ha ha, a certain Norwich City fan who posts on this forum will be suicidal :laugh:

He's doin a decent job up there, so if he goes, i think it can only help us this year.

Fecking hate tango man and quite like it when the MOD EDIT turns up at tynie for the abuse ! A nothing manager who is part of the scottish mafia and he can feck off to england and get found out for the tool he has always being !

Jam Tarts 1874
Delia has lured him to the Naarwich with her pies.

Let's be aving you Tango

At here age, I hope it was just her pies. :D

One of my mates dad's is a bookie down that area, says bets have been rife for him to take over the last 24 hours. Who knows, might be worth putting a tenner on it!

the natives of norfolk are often said to be a tad strange to say the least. i wonder what they will make of a fat orange oaf with a pumpkin for a heid. should blend in nicely.

winston churchill
Ha ha ha, a certain Norwich City fan who posts on this forum will be suicidal :laugh:

the internet football fan you mention, thinks the sun shines out his lard arse.

I miss jerry springer he was much more eloquent:tongue:

Easy links to Holland, and Norwich is a nice place,can't blame him, could get mistaken for a Buoy if global warming continues though.

Jambof3tornado
One of my mates dad's is a bookie down that area, says bets have been rife for him to take over the last 24 hours. Who knows, might be worth putting a tenner on it!

Never mind putting atenner on it,I'll pay the tango baserd bus fare!!:mw_rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

Your having a giraffe?? :laugh:

He's a fat useless bitter waste of space!

I had to read that message twice before I stopped shaking with rage, Puggy! :)

Where is he anyway?

Sorry, been busy these past few days! But I'm back now. Calderwood? Oh jings. The reason this could happen is because we're so skint it's unbelievable. The very strong rumour is that Glenn Roeder had a clause in his contract stating he could be paid off with only 50% compensation if we were in the bottom six at the time of his dismissal: a very wise move if true, and one likely to be emulated by other clubs I'd have thought in these troubled times.

As I've written before, I think Tangoman's record is decent and underrated - but he would absolutely not be my choice. That Bryan Gunn has connections in the Aberdeen area, and that Norwich would absolutely be as good as Tango could ever hope to get worries me though. Hand on heart, I don't think it'll be him - but the Norwich board's recent record with these things is appalling, so I'm not prepared to rule it out.

On the bright side, the two favourites with the betting firms are Paul Ince and Aidy Boothroyd. There's been a lot of money on Ince over the last 24 hours. I'd be wary of him, because we'd clearly be a stepping stone, and I imagine he'd be gone within a year or 18 months - but what he did with Macclesfield and MK Dons was exceptional, and he deserves the chance to prove himself again with a Championship club. Boothroyd remains my choice, but there's talk of things having broken down over lack of money... All the candidates are flawed in some way or other - but if it's Calderwood, I will not be happy!

markletissier

C4CA2C06-C1C3-C341-44AD5CBC2C19BB09.jpg

Norfolk Nights With The Tangoman.

you think he'd get good banter with Dave Clifton?

He's going to be beside himself! Seventeen pages if it happens. :laugh::laugh:

And that would just be 1 shaun post as well

And that would just be 1 shaun post as well

:D

If he does go then it'll hopefully derail Aberdeen's season a wee bit. They'll be our biggest challengers for 3rd/4th along with Dundee Utd.

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

As I've written before, I think Tangoman's record is decent and underrated

I can't wait for Bernie Winters to sign for the canaries. Oh ma sides. :laugh:

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

I can't wait for Bernie Winters to sign for the canaries. Oh ma sides. :laugh:

Calderwood joined Aberdeen in Summer 2004. Since then, this is how Hearts and Aberdeen's league records compare:

Heart of Midlothian P173 W74 D43 L56 Pts 265

Aberdeen P173 W75 D41 L57 Pts 266

Five of our fixtures were in last season's bottom six too, unlike them - and Calderwood also reached the UEFA Cup last 32, which we haven't done in living memory. Yet you extoll Romanov's praises on here, and laugh at Calderwood - despite his team outperforming ours on, for most of the time, half our budget! Once again they're above us this season, and only two points behind a Dundee United side lauded to the skies. Truth is, they've stolen our crown as the team to beat if you want to finish 3rd - and that's all down to Tangoman.

Decent and underrated, as I said. Not that I want him at Norwich, mind you. Yesterday, our Chief Executive said we were looking for someone with managerial achievements at Championship level, and connections to the club: meaning Boothroyd, not Calderwood.

Calderwood joined Aberdeen in Summer 2004. Since then, this is how Hearts and Aberdeen's league records compare:

Five of our fixtures were in last season's bottom six too, unlike them - and Calderwood also reached the UEFA Cup last 32, which we haven't done in living memory. Yet you extoll Romanov's praises on here, and laugh at Calderwood - despite his team outperforming ours on, for most of the time, half our budget! Once again they're above us this season, and only two points behind a Dundee United side lauded to the skies. Truth is, they've stolen our crown as the team to beat if you want to finish 3rd - and that's all down to Tangoman.

Decent and underrated, as I said. Not that I want him at Norwich, mind you. Yesterday, our Chief Executive said we were looking for someone with managerial achievements at Championship level, and connections to the club: meaning Boothroyd, not Calderwood.

Cant believe your trying to compare that fat satsuma with Hearts Sean.

Final league placings are what matters how many yimes have they finished above us? and what have they won? how many managers have we gone through since 2004?. Sounds like you are trying to defend that waste of oxygen because your resigned to him being the next Norwich manager

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Surely you mean Hibs,Aberdeen & Norwich City fan ??

Five of our fixtures were in last season's bottom six too, unlike them - and Calderwood also reached the UEFA Cup last 32, which we haven't done in living memory.

We reached the last 8 in 1989.

Cant believe your trying to compare that fat satsuma with Hearts Sean.

Final league placings are what matters how many yimes have they finished above us? and what have they won? how many managers have we gone through since 2004?. Sounds like you are trying to defend that waste of oxygen because your resigned to him being the next Norwich manager

Three times out of four, and they're above us again this season. Yet Levein and Csaba are congratulated, and Calderwood's laughed at - why? How many non-OF clubs who've not spent miles over their budget have won anything at all since 1998? Two. He's done a good job there - and it strikes me we hate him so much because, to Hearts, his Aberdeen are a threat.

You say "in living memory".

OK then. They're the first non-OF side to achieve anything significant in Europe since 1989 - when, if you recall, English sides were banned in any case.

How can you say their one point higher haul is all down to Calderwood? I think you're being highly selective Shaun, if you don't factor in the number of managers in the period against the higher budget. It would be interesting to have an idea of the number of players used by both clubs over the same period.

Calerwood has had five years to get to the point where Aberdeen are ( 2 points above us ) against Lazlo's 6 months, don't forget.

We reached the last 8 in 1989.

....and at least we won a few games in doing so! Aberdeen won one game in the whole of their UEFA cup campaign last season.

P8 W1, D3 L4, the fact they progressed is down to sheer luck and luck alone.

....and at least we won a few games in doing so! Aberdeen won one game in the whole of their UEFA cup campaign last season.

Let's not forget the fantastic Scottish Cup semi

Our draw in 1989 was ridiculously soft too. Austria Vienna are the only half decent side we got past. Aberdeen did what all other non-OF sides have failed to do under the present format, for which they deserve credit. Or to put it another way, I'll happily give the Hearts team of 1988/9 all the credit in the world if the same is afforded to last season's Aberdeen side. That we don't is purely because we're Hearts fans, frankly.

How can you say their one point higher haul is all down to Calderwood? I think you're being highly selective Shaun, if you don't factor in the number of managers in the period against the higher budget. It would be interesting to have an idea of the number of players used by both clubs over the same period.

Calerwood has had five years to get to the point where Aberdeen are ( 2 points above us ) against Lazlo's 6 months, don't forget.

By which token, all managers who do well while rival clubs shoot themselves in the foot deserve no credit at all, I take it? Jefferies and Levein are rightly given huge credit for the jobs they did here - at a time when Aberdeen and Dundee United were imploding, and Hibs went from bust to boom and back to bust again. Do we make the same allowances in this case? No. Funny that.

By which token, all managers who do well while rival clubs shoot themselves in the foot deserve no credit at all, I take it? Jefferies and Levein are rightly given huge credit for the jobs they did here - at a time when Aberdeen and Dundee United were imploding, and Hibs went from bust to boom and back to bust again. Do we make the same allowances in this case? No. Funny that.

Of course not, every club's fortunes ebb and flow. But you put up Hearts and Aberdeen's points total and said it was all down to Calderwood and that's just not true.

winston churchill
Sorry, been busy these past few days! But I'm back now. Calderwood? Oh jings. The reason this could happen is because we're so skint it's unbelievable. The very strong rumour is that Glenn Roeder had a clause in his contract stating he could be paid off with only 50% compensation if we were in the bottom six at the time of his dismissal: a very wise move if true, and one likely to be emulated by other clubs I'd have thought in these troubled times.

As I've written before, I think Tangoman's record is decent and underrated - but he would absolutely not be my choice. That Bryan Gunn has connections in the Aberdeen area, and that Norwich would absolutely be as good as Tango could ever hope to get worries me though. Hand on heart, I don't think it'll be him - but the Norwich board's recent record with these things is appalling, so I'm not prepared to rule it out.

On the bright side, the two favourites with the betting firms are Paul Ince and Aidy Boothroyd. There's been a lot of money on Ince over the last 24 hours. I'd be wary of him, because we'd clearly be a stepping stone, and I imagine he'd be gone within a year or 18 months - but what he did with Macclesfield and MK Dons was exceptional, and he deserves the chance to prove himself again with a Championship club. Boothroyd remains my choice, but there's talk of things having broken down over lack of money... All the candidates are flawed in some way or other - but if it's Calderwood, I will not be happy!

have you been busy with the guys you have lined up to buy mad vlad out.

or was that you selling your pals on hoofball.net a pup;)

Or the Fat Fin?

Of course not, every club's fortunes ebb and flow. But you put up Hearts and Aberdeen's points total and said it was all down to Calderwood and that's just not true.

Sure. But Aberdeen's finishes over the preceding eight years were 6th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 7th, 4th, 8th and 11th! Just like Levein at Tannadice, he took a job which bore all the appearances of a poisoned chalice, yet has done pretty well. To repeat, I don't want him at Norwich (Boothroyd's who I want) - but am happy to give credit where I think it's due.

Or the Fat Fin?

Paatelainen will be gone soon anyway. But yes, if Calderwood leaves (and I'm pretty confident it won't be to us: Utrecht's probably a better bet), McGhee's pretty much nailed on to head for Pittodrie.

Archived