The Balogh - last game?

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

If this is the Baloghs last game he can be remembered as the man who played 225 minutes of football against Hibs and never conceded.

Hopefully we can keep him as he is improving all the time and is brave and quick off his line.

I agree, he's getting better all the time. It will be Interesting to see if we shell out to keep him;150k is it not? Will be a indication we have a few quid to spend or are willing to spend it at all.

Optimus Prime

Overall he's been reasonably solid and the first to look assured since Gordon went but still think the jury is out a bit. Would prefer to extend the loan until the end of the season and review the situation from there rather than parting with hard cash.

If he is to go i'd hand MacDonald the goves. Remember what happened the last time we gave a young keeper a chance...........

The Future's Maroon

I wouldnt be suprised if one of the OF snap him up (and then punt their own keeper).

Vlad needs to get his finger out an get this deal done.

alwaysthereinspirit

This is an important time for Hearts. If they allow their #1 to go back home due to not being able to come up with 150,000 pounds then we are obviously short of cash. We've made him #1 so obviously rate him. Letting him leave could only be for money reasons.

If he does go Hearts I believe will then give McDonald the nod and sell one or two players before the end of the month and bring in one or two spending far less than they brought in.

Not that different than many other teams in these financial times.

The real issue is who they sell. Kingston and Who?

Come on Vlad, half way through the month, still no striker, despite having one of the worst scoring records in the league, now our 1st team keeper might be off cos you can't stump up ?150k, can't wait to see how Vlad justifies it cos it's the old firms fault or referees or the mafia or perhaps another techical glitch.

The Future's Maroon
Come on Vlad, half way through the month, still no striker, despite having one of the worst scoring records in the league, now our 1st team keeper might be off cos you can't stump up ?150k, can't wait to see how Vlad justifies it cos it's the old firms fault or referees or the mafia or perhaps another techical glitch.
To be fair most clubs cant afford to spend, and also if an acceptable bid ahd came in for one of our players and they had been sold then Balogh would have been snapped up by now.

Its seems we need to sell before anyone comes in, again like most other clubs!

Christ I mean it's only ?150,000 vlad!!

We might aswell get 15,000 fans to each put a tenner in a pot. Then we can get him ;)

Teuchterjambo

I think it is largely overlooked that the run of results that took us back up the table coincided with Balogh establishing himself. Obviously it was not totally down to him but I ma sure that having a keeper that the back 4 are comfortable with and they at least know what he is liable to do has been a big factor.

He is steady,maybe unspectacular but for me that is a good characteristic in a goalie. He comes off his line well and distributes well from hand - his kicking is pretty solid.

In the short time he has beeen in position he has proved imo a far better bet than either Kello or Macdonald.

I bleive he would be a big loss if we didn't get him signed.

Christ I mean it's only ?150,000 vlad!!

We might aswell get 15,000 fans to each put a tenner in a pot. Then we can get him ;)

Worth a shot like!!

I don't think that he will sign, I fear that we will be left with Kello. Shame, Balogh has done well for us so far.

I don't think that he will sign, I fear that we will be left with Kello. Shame, Balogh has done well for us so far.

It would be a shocking decision and one that will be solely down to VR.

If we can't afford it, we can't afford it.

Someone would need to be sold before we could tie him up imo. I reckon Vlad will have seen enough to think he could make a profit on him.

If we can't afford it, we can't afford it.

Someone would need to be sold before we could tie him up imo. I reckon Vlad will have seen enough to think he could make a profit on him.

You think it is as simple as that JF ? The cynic in me thinks that it is more to do with club politics than the ?150k.

You think it is as simple as that JF ? The cynic in me thinks that it is more to do with club politics than the ?150k.

Yes I do.

I don't think at this moment in time we have 150k to spend. We may have shortly but not right now.

Edit - If club politics were that much of an issue, he would not have been signed in the first and Kello would have been No1 since August, IMO.

Yes I do.

I don't think at this moment in time we have 150k to spend. We may have shortly but not right now.

Why on earth are we contacting motherwell about Porter then ? I think if VR really wanted him the money could be found.

Why on earth are we contacting motherwell about Porter then ? I think if VR really wanted him the money could be found.

Maybe because the club knows of a player to be sold from Hearts in the not too distant future? Until then, I doubt we'll be paying money for anybody.

I could be wrong.

Maybe because the club knows of a player to be sold from Hearts in the not too distant future? Until then, I doubt we'll be paying money for anybody.

I could be wrong.

Hope so

Kingston perhaps? :D

why would we pay for him before we need to? If he injures himself badly on Saturday, then we will still have money for a #1 goalie. If he does not, we will sign him.

We will also have had the benifit of the money being in our bank account/reducing our overdraft instead of Debrecens.

I'd be worried if we had made it permanent already, not worried that we have not!

If we want him, we'll have him.

I could be wrong.

No I think you are right that's why I think if VR wanted him he could find the money now for Balogh then he gets it back when said player is sold.

I would like the club to buy him , but I would like the club to make sure the players receive their wages this week first or we could be in deep doodah !!

He Who Cannot Be Named

Vlad wants the club to be self sustainable, he sold CG for 7m plus add ons 1 year ago and did not replace him. Now we have a replacement who will cost 150k, wether the cash is there or not Vlad has a moral obligation to replace our No 1 keeper whom he decided to sell. Otherwise he can GTF

Vlad wants the club to be self sustainable, he sold CG for 7m plus add ons 1 year ago and did not replace him. Now we have a replacement who will cost 150k, wether the cash is there or not Vlad has a moral obligation to replace our No 1 keeper whom he decided to sell. Otherwise he can GTF

Not sure what made me chuckle more - the thought of VR having any moral obligations, or the outsize letters on your final statement! :laugh:

We could potentially be looking at a pre-contract agreement with Porter while also checing out the price if cash becomes available through a player sale.

One thing that could have impacted our ability to pay for Balogh or sign the likes of Porter could be Craig Gordon's injury, which has delayed the next ?330,000 instalment. If CG had continued playing through December, Hearts would have had that money by now.

alwaysthereinspirit
We could potentially be looking at a pre-contract agreement with Porter while also checing out the price if cash becomes available through a player sale.

One thing that could have impacted our ability to pay for Balogh or sign the likes of Porter could be Craig Gordon's injury, which has delayed the next ?330,000 instalment. If CG had continued playing through December, Hearts would have had that money by now.

Gordon has turned out to be a selfish bar steward and doesn't care about us anymore. Little f@#$%^g whimp with his wee sore ankle. He knows we need the money so is pretending to be injured to stick it right up Mads a$$.

Hope my daughter doesn't read this. She loves him.

:emoticon_spam:

Hearts have made contact with Motherwell with a view to signing striker Chris Porter in the summer.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to open contract talks with other clubs.

That might be why.

Thig Ar Latha
I think it is largely overlooked that the run of results that took us back up the table coincided with Balogh establishing himself. Obviously it was not totally down to him but I ma sure that having a keeper that the back 4 are comfortable with and they at least know what he is liable to do has been a big factor.

He is steady,maybe unspectacular but for me that is a good characteristic in a goalie. He comes off his line well and distributes well from hand - his kicking is pretty solid.

In the short time he has beeen in position he has proved imo a far better bet than either Kello or Macdonald.

I bleive he would be a big loss if we didn't get him signed.

Just my opinion, but I think the streak of good results was much more to do with Aguair returning to the Team, just as the more disappointing more recent run was due to Aguair being out injured.

As far as signing Balogh goes. If for instance Lazlo has a Transfer pot of eg ?400,000 and he has already said he wants a Striker and a Midfielder. It would make more sense to get them in place and see what is left over. If there is ?150,000 or more left, then sign Balogh. If not then MacDonald is a more than ready to take over as our main Goalie with Kello as backup. It just depends which Lazlo decides which is most important

That might be why.

Really?

The quotes you have posted suggest that Hearts do NOT have to contact Motherwell, given a player can sign a pre contract within his last six months without consulting his club.

i think balogh is a snip at the price and we should be doing our utmost to make him a permanent fixture. it is not that easy to find a very good keeper just ask the trouts

If this is the Baloghs last game he can be remembered as the man who played 225 minutes of football against Hibs and never conceded.

Hopefully we can keep him as he is improving all the time and is brave and quick off his line.

Not only that but he made two one-on-one saves a crucial times in both of the matches at Easter Road.

Thig Ar Latha
i think balogh is a snip at the price and we should be doing our utmost to make him a permanent fixture. it is not that easy to find a very good keeper just ask the trouts

Would rather tie up Bruno on a contract, even if he is expensive. A great player who could command a healthy Transfer Fee in the future, IMO.

Archived