Glen Roeder Sacked

flecktimus

This guy needs to pack in football management or is he just a poor judge of teams to manage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich /7828617.stm

Er, excuse me! :)

I'm ******-a-hoop at the moment: knocking Hibs out the Cup and Roeder being sacked all in a few days? My cup o'erfloweth with joy. He's actually genuinely good when he first takes over pretty much any club - but it all goes rapidly pearshaped thereafter. Compounding this is an arrogance quite breathtaking to behold: he'd talk about the players having been "in school for a day" to be scolded by him; and when a mild mannered supporter asked him about our poor results at the most recent AGM, he responded with:

"I must have missed your tenure as England manager".

That one sentence will stand as his managerial epitaph at Norwich: it turned the entire support against him. If he could actually find someone he's able to work with, I think he'd make a good DoF somewhere; but as a manager, he's a disaster, as most of us knew when our shower of incompetents appointed him at the first place. With his coaching staff dismissed as well, it looks rather like we've already got someone lined up: Boothroyd I hope. But nothing would surprise me where the Norwich City board are concerned - nothing at all.

The Jocky Scott of English football.

His number is in the Yellow Pages.

Buffalo Bill

Guess The Crowd

I'm ******-a-hoop at the moment: knocking Hibs out the Cup and Roeder being sacked all in a few days? My cup o'erfloweth with joy. He's actually genuinely good when he first takes over pretty much any club - but it all goes rapidly pearshaped thereafter. Compounding this is an arrogance quite breathtaking to behold: he'd talk about the players having been "in school for a day" to be scolded by him; and when a mild mannered supporter asked him about our poor results at the most recent AGM, he responded with:

That one sentence will stand as his managerial epitaph at Norwich: it turned the entire support against him. If he could actually find someone he's able to work with, I think he'd make a good DoF somewhere; but as a manager, he's a disaster, as most of us knew when our shower of incompetents appointed him at the first place. With his coaching staff dismissed as well, it looks rather like we've already got someone lined up: Boothroyd I hope. But nothing would surprise me where the Norwich City board are concerned - nothing at all.

Shaun,

it stated on the radio that ex-Hearts man Boothroyd has a Norwich connection also - I don't recall that, when was that? Also, what is the Norwich equivalent of JKB? Thanks.

jambos are go!

That one sentence will stand as his managerial epitaph at Norwich: it turned the entire support against him. If he could actually find someone he's able to work with, I think he'd make a good DoF somewhere; but as a manager, he's a disaster, as most of us knew when our shower of incompetents appointed him at the first place. With his coaching staff dismissed as well, it looks rather like we've already got someone lined up: Boothroyd I hope. But nothing would surprise me where the Norwich City board are concerned - nothing at all.[/quote

A relative is a fusion of a Norwich and Hearts Fan and reckons there are a few good payers at the club but they been hit by injuries particularly at Centre Back. Mind you he thought Roeders time was up.

Shaun,

it stated on the radio that ex-Hearts man Boothroyd has a Norwich connection also - I don't recall that, when was that? Also, what is the Norwich equivalent of JKB? Thanks.

Boothroyd's a former youth coach, who loves the club and knows it inside out. As for messageboards - frankly, they're both crap, but I favour the always funny http://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk (there's a lot of 'in' jokes you'll have to pick up though) over the sensationalised pish that is http://www.pinkun.com.

I'm just glad Roeder's away. let's hope there's some kind of reaction and they get the win they need against Barnsley.

Trouble is there's a slight gap from the bottom to mid-table so they need to string a few results together, quickly.

A relative is a fusion of a Norwich and Hearts Fan and reckons there are a few good payers at the club but they been hit by injuries particularly at Centre Back. Mind you he thought Roeders time was up.

There are. David Marshall, Sammy Clingan and Wes Hoolahan are genuinely good players - but Stefanovic getting a long-term knock killed us at CB. I absolutely think we have the players not to be 21st in the league; the trouble, though, is Roeder has filled us to the brim with loan players, most of whom have to return this month anyway (and Leroy Lita already has). This gutted the team's identity, and made it impossible for the fans to connect with it - plus, you have to wonder about the commitment of players who know they'll be off soon anyway.

I'm just glad Roeder's away. let's hope there's some kind of reaction and they get the win they need against Barnsley.

Trouble is there's a slight gap from the bottom to mid-table so they need to string a few results together, quickly.

I'm really confident we'll beat Barnsley now. This morning, I thought we were all set for an action replay of Burnley at home two seasons ago... :eek:

If he could actually find someone he's able to work with, I think he'd make a good DoF somewhere;

I can think of someone :eek:

Vlad ;)

He did look good at first, but remember he had taken over from peter Grant!

All he had to do was get the players to pass the ball to one another and they were an improvement!

I hope Norwich bring ina decent manager now, the fans deserve one.

He did look good at first, but remember he had taken over from peter Grant!

All he had to do was get the players to pass the ball to one another and they were an improvement!

I hope Norwich bring ina decent manager now, the fans deserve one.

Thanks man: I hope so too! The fans have been almost ridiculously loyal - look at this:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

And this despite finishes of 16th and 17th even before this sorry season.

Guess The Crowd
Boothroyd's a former youth coach, who loves the club and knows it inside out. As for messageboards - frankly, they're both crap, but I favour the always funny http://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk (there's a lot of 'in' jokes you'll have to pick up though) over the sensationalised pish that is http://www.pinkun.com.

OK cheers, I thought there used to be one called canary corner or something like that?

Not as good as JKB then?

Only good thing he did at West Ham was get poorly. Does seem to be an arrogant get too.

Poorly, I hardly thik a brain tumour ranks as only poorly:laugh:

Just resign Ruel Fox, Efan Ekoku and Jeremy Goss. You'll be ok. Always had a soft spot for Norwich as I had the subutteo team. I think they were one of the few teams that had their proper kit and sponsors painted on.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
There are. David Marshall, Sammy Clingan and Wes Hoolahan are genuinely good players - but Stefanovic getting a long-term knock killed us at CB. I absolutely think we have the players not to be 21st in the league; the trouble, though, is Roeder has filled us to the brim with loan players, most of whom have to return this month anyway (and Leroy Lita already has). This gutted the team's identity, and made it impossible for the fans to connect with it - plus, you have to wonder about the commitment of players who know they'll be off soon anyway.

That sounds pish. Hope it never happens to us.

OK cheers, I thought there used to be one called canary corner or something like that?

Not as good as JKB then?

That's the rivals.net one - you can try it, but it's basically crap. And nope: apart from Sons of Sam Horn, nothing is as good as JKB. Accept no imitations. :)

That sounds pish. Hope it never happens to us.

Indeed. Maybe Vlad and Delia should get together for a chinwag somewhere?

Archived