Ratboy related 'You Are The Ref' - type question

Mr X

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, and maybe this should be in The Shed.

However I was thinking, when Rearend was subbed, made the 'up yours' gesture and was booked; if he had already been booked (as he should've been, the hacking, black-toothed tramp) and was subsequently sent off, what would've happened with regard to the substitution? Would the sub be allowed to still come on? With the paperwork already passed to the 4th official would it just have been a case of the Rat missing the next game? Would the sub have been stopped from replacing him?

Not too sure of the rules, I know subs can be sent off whilst still in the dugout etc. but I was just wondering what would've happened here.

Easy one, Ratboy would have got his red card and no-one could come on to replace him.

Yep substitution is when the player leaves the field of play. Hibs would've been down to 9.

Not sure why calling the ref a "effing *****" after the game is worse than a hand gesture to 4000 people but there you go...

Prince Buaben
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, and maybe this should be in The Shed.

However I was thinking, when Rearend was subbed, made the 'up yours' gesture and was booked; if he had already been booked (as he should've been, the hacking, black-toothed tramp) and was subsequently sent off, what would've happened with regard to the substitution? Would the sub be allowed to still come on? With the paperwork already passed to the 4th official would it just have been a case of the Rat missing the next game? Would the sub have been stopped from replacing him?

Not too sure of the rules, I know subs can be sent off whilst still in the dugout etc. but I was just wondering what would've happened here.

Had he been booked before his sub i doubt the ref would have sent him off as he was leaving the field of play anyway.

Personally i would have sent him off(with great pleasure)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/09/youaretheref

Similar thing here it all depends on where he is on the field it seems. If he hadnot crossed the line to be off the pitch then no sub woudl be allowed despite the paperwork. its the refs decision when the substitution is completed.

Somewhat off topic, but in the second senario in the link surely the goal should stand? I thought ref's were to only give decisions if they'd specifically seen the infringement? In that sitution the ref doesn't know who's touched the ball and therefore should let it stand.

Somewhat off topic, but in the second senario in the link surely the goal should stand? I thought ref's were to only give decisions if they'd specifically seen the infringement? In that sitution the ref doesn't know who's touched the ball and therefore should let it stand.

Tricky one really as that situation is very unlikely to occur, assuming the ref has made sure that the players 'equipment' is fit for purpose' .......including no colour clash with strips / shorts / socks .

ref called it right, No goal, drop ball given

Tricky one really as that situation is very unlikely to occur, assuming the ref has made sure that the players 'equipment' is fit for purpose' .......including no colour clash with strips / shorts / socks .

you will find that in pro football both keepers have different strips,not so easy in amatuer football,

when that happens to me i normally inform the keepers that they cant go up for a free kick/corner before the game starts,

I know its propably wrong but had no one question it yet

It's a great pity the ref gave him a yellow TBH. If the ref had not done so, the GFA could have stepped in and increased the card/punishment.:108years:

Archived