youngsters who you feel will make it at hearts...

droid

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It?s a fine point, but I don?t agree with it.

If Glen was the player that was made an example of, for whatever reason, and that point has registered with all the other players who were just drifting over the last year or two, then it was a good lesson.

Could Csaba have instilled discipline in the whole squad by leaving Beslija out? Nope because Beslija had already been frozen out and was happy enough to be out in the cold collecting a big wage, so he got him punted...Makela? Nope he?s also happy to check his bank statements, but not so vocal and doesn?t carry the same "record signing" baggage.

Csaba picked his battle well. If he?d done it with Nade, Nade would have pocketed his money and spent it on burgers so Csaba dealt with Nade directly, and made an example of the young primadonna instead. Using Glen was clever as the lesson will have been learnt by all the young players as well as the senior players. Perhaps even Copil will have clicked!?

To me it shows that Csaba looked at the personalities of the two strikers and showed them that, unless they changed their attitudes, he?d rather play Jamie Mole instead of them, even if he is unproductive - his attitude is first rate. Unfortunately Mole has suffered in this, and I personally think that with a strike partner Mole could be a player for us, but I reckon he has the right attitude and perhaps the loan at Dunfermline is, in a sense, a reward for him. Soon as the window opened Csaba took care of Mole?s immediate future.

On the whole, there is not much to disagree with there. The issue I have is five months.

Eric Cantona got three months for attacking a fan.

Rio Ferdinand got eight months (two of those were the summer months) for failing to take a drugs test.

Adrian Mutu got seven months for failing an internal drug test.

Roy Keane got three (then a further five after admitting it in his book) games for "do'ing" Alf Inge Haaland.

Ionel Ganea got a 22 game ban for attacking a referee.

Gary Glen got a five month, nineteen game ban for being over confident after getting a proper contract at Hearts.

It is not that he doesn't deserve punishment IF he was out of order, it was the length of the sentence, it was disproportionate.

jamboinglasgow

Now the final part of my look at the youngsters - the strikers

Strikers

Gary Glen - decided to put him here saying as he is still only 18, but dont think much more is needed to be said.

David Templeton - recently turned 20 year old Scot, can play ST, RW (I would also add FW as way to describe him.) Is very good with the ball and has a great shot (hearts top scorer in the reserves) I would call him a bit like a Ronaldo or Messi type forward (though sadly not the same abilty.) Some question his small size and thiness but this is a player who at the age of 16 scored 11 goals in 30 games (including 11 subs appernces) for a third division team (hardly the least physical league.) Deserves to get a few subs apperences in the second half of the season.

Branmir Kostidinov - a 19 year old Bulgarian, plays striker but also has played on the wings. I think he has had a problem at hearts where he can only play well upfront but hearts are trying to make him more versatile. Sadly I dont think he will make it at hearts but I think we will be a good player in another league. There are just too many young strikers at hearts for so few posistion.

Ryan Wallace - a 18 year old Scot, plays striker but also can play winger. He is a small player who has a jump on him that will defy belief. Is another striker that plays well from the wings allowing him to use pace and able to pass players well. Also has a good shot on him. Has preformed well in the reserves this year and Csaba rates him.

Mark Cowan - a 18 year old Scot, plays ST. Is Hearts and the SPL U19 league top scorer. Can play well in the solo role upfront. Certainly has the build to hold that role.

Scott Robinson - a 16 year old Scot, plays ST, LW, RW. Hearts youngest ever player. A very exciting player who has great skill and pace. Has been out for a few months with an injury but is back playing again (and from what I hear scoring as well.) One of a few players I am excited about.

Arvydas Novikovas - a 17/18 (have to admit bit unsure which one) year old Lithuanian. He is a ST, but can also play on the Right wing. Has played quite a few games recently for the U19s and has scored in nearly all of them. He looks a great prospect. Another pacy player with good awareness and able to move into posistion well. Has a deadly shot as well on him. Good be a great player for Hearts.

Hope these guides have been a help to people. It is just my opinon so feel free to add to them.

the voice from above
Now the final part of my look at the youngsters - the strikers

Strikers

Gary Glen - decided to put him here saying as he is still only 18, but dont think much more is needed to be said.

David Templeton - recently turned 20 year old Scot, can play ST, RW (I would also add FW as way to describe him.) Is very good with the ball and has a great shot (hearts top scorer in the reserves) I would call him a bit like a Ronaldo or Messi type forward (though sadly not the same abilty.) Some question his small size and thiness but this is a player who at the age of 16 scored 11 goals in 30 games (including 11 subs appernces) for a third division team (hardly the least physical league.) Deserves to get a few subs apperences in the second half of the season.

Branmir Kostidinov - a 19 year old Bulgarian, plays striker but also has played on the wings. I think he has had a problem at hearts where he can only play well upfront but hearts are trying to make him more versatile. Sadly I dont think he will make it at hearts but I think we will be a good player in another league. There are just too many young strikers at hearts for so few posistion.

Ryan Wallace - a 18 year old Scot, plays striker but also can play winger. He is a small player who has a jump on him that will defy belief. Is another striker that plays well from the wings allowing him to use pace and able to pass players well. Also has a good shot on him. Has preformed well in the reserves this year and Csaba rates him.

Mark Cowan - a 18 year old Scot, plays ST. Is Hearts and the SPL U19 league top scorer. Can play well in the solo role upfront. Certainly has the build to hold that role.

Scott Robinson - a 16 year old Scot, plays ST, LW, RW. Hearts youngest ever player. A very exciting player who has great skill and pace. Has been out for a few months with an injury but is back playing again (and from what I hear scoring as well.) One of a few players I am excited about.

Arvydas Novikovas - a 17/18 (have to admit bit unsure which one) year old Lithuanian. He is a ST, but can also play on the Right wing. Has played quite a few games recently for the U19s and has scored in nearly all of them. He looks a great prospect. Another pacy player with good awareness and able to move into posistion well. Has a deadly shot as well on him. Good be a great player for Hearts.

Hope these guides have been a help to people. It is just my opinon so feel free to add to them.

Mate cheers for the updates. Much appreciated.

The future looks bright, and the last :108years: have been alright as well...

When you see our young players presented so brilliantly and positively by JiG it is easy to imagine that as many as a dozen will go on to be first team players for Hearts. Why is it then that I get a horrible feeling we will see no more than 3 or 4 ever pulling on a senior jersey? I'm honestly not being negative here, it's just an observation than there seems to be a high fallout rate of teenage talent in Scotland. Also, I'm a little concerned that Csaba has not seen fit to give more of these young players substitute time this season, particularly as we have lacked spark in several matches. Time will tell I suppose, it would be interesting to archive this thread and look back at it in a couple of years.

jamboinglasgow
JIG

What happened to the boy Love who scored all the goals last year?

not too sure, he has made the odd sub apperance but I think he still qualifys to play for the U17s (he turns 18 in may) so they may just be playing him there as there is already enough strikers in the first team.

He did play and scored in the milk cup in the summer.

jamboinglasgow
When you see our young players presented so brilliantly and positively by JiG it is easy to imagine that as many as a dozen will go on to be first team players for Hearts. Why is it then that I get a horrible feeling we will see no more than 3 or 4 ever pulling on a senior jersey? I'm honestly not being negative here, it's just an observation than there seems to be a high fallout rate of teenage talent in Scotland. Also, I'm a little concerned that Csaba has not seen fit to give more of these young players substitute time this season, particularly as we have lacked spark in several matches. Time will tell I suppose, it would be interesting to archive this thread and look back at it in a couple of years.

I have to admit what I say about these players is how they are playing at the moment and what potential they have. It is a fact that players do not make it. And not all those players will make it at Hearts as there is always a short amount of places. I do think we have a better quality of youngster then a few years ago so I am sure some will make it.

I think that Csaba knows what he is doing and it is best to give a youngster a debut when your team is 2 up near the end but sadly that has been rare this season. I would of liked Csaba to bring Templeton on instead of Stewart for 30 secs against hibs.

not too sure, he has made the odd sub apperance but I think he still qualifys to play for the U17s (he turns 18 in may) so they may just be playing him there as there is already enough strikers in the first team.

He did play and scored in the milk cup in the summer.

If you are talking about David Love he is def too old for the 17's. He's just not been getting a run out much with the 19's as Darren M has been staying with the same players for the most part. He's been a sub a few times but not been getting the opportunity to get out on the park much.

Ally Alexander
JIG

What happened to the boy Love who scored all the goals last year?

Jordan Love has joined Hamilton on loan until the end of the season - have no updates on brother

Shaun Thompson

Jason Thompson Jonny Stewart Ryan Mcgowan Craig Thomson

Dylan Mcgowan Mikey Stewart Danny Thomson Ryan Wallace

David Love Jordan Love

We are family. :mw_rolleyes: (Ignore the fact that some of the namesakes aren't related)

Subs : Ben Long, Lee Wallace, Nade's wee brother.

Archived