Steven Husband

123kid

I dont get to see the youth, living up north and all.

Jamboinglasgow amongst others have raved about this lad (Much credit to posters like that yourself or many would be ignorant of the talent in the lower ranks).

From what I gather hes a cm playmaker.

Someone give a complete run down of the kid? Size, qualities, pace etc. How he goes about the game, composed, takes on his man, shooting etc.

And of course the stage and predictions for his development.

Also perhaps we could have a sub forum for youth threads, updates etc.

a friend of mine was in the same team as him at cowdenbeath. says that when hes on his game he is Brill but that when he played with him this was rarely the case. having said that he is young and you expect inconsistency from young players

a friend of mine was in the same team as him at cowdenbeath. says that when hes on his game he is Brill but that when he played with him this was rarely the case. having said that he is young and you expect inconsistency from young players

Yep, that was what 2 years ago? So I guess hes worked on his consistency a bit since.

Very strong, there are no chances of the 'too lightweight, needs to bulk out' shouts ever applying to him. To go along with that strength he also possesses some impressive skill and a good touch. His passing is good on the whole as well. Doesn't have much speed to speak of but then again you don't really need that with his size.

Think he suffered from some attitude problems when he first arrived at the club but he looks completely different with regards to that now and is one of the leaders of the under-19 team. Most have called him an attacking midfielder and some on here have called for him to be drafted in as competition for the Aguiar/Obua role. However, I see him more as playing in the position right in the centre of the park, the position Stewart played at the start of the season that Ruben plays now. He's impressive going forward but isn't as dangerous as Templeton, plus he's pretty good at the defensive aspect of midfield play.

jamboinglasgow
Very strong, there are no chances of the 'too lightweight, needs to bulk out' shouts ever applying to him. To go along with that strength he also possesses some impressive skill and a good touch. His passing is good on the whole as well. Doesn't have much speed to speak of but then again you don't really need that with his size.

Think he suffered from some attitude problems when he first arrived at the club but he looks completely different with regards to that now and is one of the leaders of the under-19 team. Most have called him an attacking midfielder and some on here have called for him to be drafted in as competition for the Aguiar/Obua role. However, I see him more as playing in the position right in the centre of the park, the position Stewart played at the start of the season that Ruben plays now. He's impressive going forward but isn't as dangerous as Templeton, plus he's pretty good at the defensive aspect of midfield play.

better described then I could ever do.

All I would add is that at a recent Q&A Csaba said that Husband and McGowen are players most ready for first team.

Charlie-Brown

Csaba actually said Husband & McGowan at this stage look to have the most quality & he thinks they will go on to have a successful career(s).

you get my pm the other day?

Sounds great.

Good enough to make the position his own next season?

I hope so.

Good to hear hes got a bit of build to him.

lackof pace

Always felt this was Elliot's big problem, combined with a slowness of thought which meant he dallied on the ball too long...

Geoff Kilpatrick

It'll be interesting to see how he develops if Bruno does sign a new deal, as I think that if Csaba persists with this formation, he's the natural successor.

It'll be interesting to see how he develops if Bruno does sign a new deal, as I think that if Csaba persists with this formation, he's the natural successor.

As I stated in my original post, I disagree. I think Templeton is the natural successor in that position. For me, Hubby just isn't quite the attacking threat required to play that position - well not any time soon anyway. I do believe if he had to play in the first team he would be fine at the Ruben/Stewart position right in the centre of the park.

Always felt this was Elliot's big problem, combined with a slowness of thought which meant he dallied on the ball too long...

Elliots main problems are his brain and his temper IMO.

Jambof3tornado

I have seen a lot of him at reserve games etc and have never failed to be impressed. A defo for the future and I dont say that too often.

JesusWasAJambo

Never Actually saw him play on t.v or tht but i have saw him mentioned on the bench a few times.:108years:

i've seen him just the once, at the preseason game at dunfermline.

during a game that we were pretty rank, he was the one player that stood out to me.

Elliots main problems are his brain and his temper IMO.

That and his general lack of ability.....

Husband looks a good one for the future, but our current situation seems to limit chances for youngesters to get a 15min run out from the bench (ie we are never ahead by more than a goal, so cant afford the risk....)

Hes 18 now, would like to see him start to get some game time.

John Fleck started for Rangers today, and hes only 17.

Hes 18 now, would like to see him start to get some game time.

John Fleck started for Rangers today, and hes only 17.

Actuallly we appear to be one of the worst in scotland for giving youth a chance this season. Rangers started Fleck, and have brought a few of the other young boys of the bench, even Celtic have brough a few of the bench and gave that Sheridan bloke a few starts.

As far as i can remember/tell, none of our "reserve" or U19 players have made an appearance this season other than Glen, and he was already "established" to an extent. Would discount Thomson as he had played first team games as far back as 3 season ago i think?

Guess the lack of a league cup run and the Scottish Cup drawing us against hibs cut down on the chances to give youth a run, but a bit disapoint that between Templeton, Husband, Rapnik and McGowan there isnt a minute of first team football?

Actuallly we appear to be one of the worst in scotland for giving youth a chance this season. Rangers started Fleck, and have brought a few of the other young boys of the bench, even Celtic have brough a few of the bench and gave that Sheridan bloke a few starts.

As far as i can remember/tell, none of our "reserve" or U19 players have made an appearance this season other than Glen, and he was already "established" to an extent. Would discount Thomson as he had played first team games as far back as 3 season ago i think?

Guess the lack of a league cup run and the Scottish Cup drawing us against hibs cut down on the chances to give youth a run, but a bit disapoint that between Templeton, Husband, Rapnik and McGowan there isnt a minute of first team football?

Would have like Temps to have got a run today, even 10 mins, he must be climbing the walls.

He will be waiting a long time just Like rapnik, mcgowan, templeton etc etc, our refusal to blood youths is pretty poor.

Today was the perfect opportunity to give one 10 minutes. They are all starting to hit 20 now, they wont wait much longer before they start to look for an exit.

jamboinglasgow

Fleck was partly played today because the Rangers fans were putting pressure for something to be done and also because he is probably Rangers best prospect in many years (more so than Hutton.) Yes they played the odd player such as Loy but one of the best young players Aaron has only played once. Walter Smith has made it clear also that the young guys on his bench are there simply because of the U21 rule, which he wants scrapped.

Celtic only played Sheridon due to lack of strikers and the others only really came on in an unimportant champions league match. When celtic were already winning.

Though you are correct that no one have really debuted this season from the youth, it doesn't mean we are behind every one else. Csaba has taken over and in my opinon alot is happening behind the scenes with these players in getting them built up for the first team. In my opinon Templeton, Husband, Rapnik and McGowan (and possibly Brown) are the ones who would be most near the first team. Rapnik and McGowan (and Brown) are all going for defense, a place where making a mistake can have bigger consequences then in attack. This means that it is harder for them to have a debut unless they are 2 or 3 up. Husband is facing a hard time to break through a midfield full of experenced players. Templeton is really the same, suitable for the posistion behind the striker or on the wing.

What I am trying to say is that we already have a very young squad. We shouldn't push players into debuts until they are ready. Also it is best to put players when you are up by 2 or more goals so there is no pressure on the boy. Remember Glen made his debut and then didn't play again for a year. Sometimes it is best to give players debut when you mean to play them for more than 1 game every so often. I also think we still have a cluttered squad that Csaba wants to remove.

I trust and have faith in Csaba that he knows what he is doing, I would like to have some of these players to have come on but Csaba I am pretty sure knows what he is doing.

Charlie-Brown

Our youth ranks produced MacDonald, Neilson, Thomson, Jonsson & Berra and a clean sheet today Driver also started whilst Glen came on as sub - Rapnik, Templeton & Brown were on the bench ... I know people get frustrated but it's only a matter of time until those 3 plus others like McGowan & Husband get their game time soon enough.... :)

Archived