Kaka (merged threads)

speedbump

I P Knightley
How good would some sort of wage cap be? Obviously clubs would find ways to get around them, not that they's ever be allowed in the first place.

But they'd make the game more of a level playing field and hopefully bring it back to the fans.

The ticket prices in ten years could be astronomical the way things are going just now.

The English rugby premiership had a cap on wages when they first went professional. It worked on a per club basis so that a club could choose to pay daft money to one superstar but they'd have to share out the remainder, with others getting more modest wages.

That was really just a safety precaution as there was no guarantee of the volume of cash that would come into the game. I guess if these oilys have a hundred million to p155 away on one player, then there's no concern about solvency.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500k a week is stupid and completely unsustainable for any football club. What happens when all their players want that?

BBC are now also reporting ?500,000 a week, ?500,00 a fecking week!

If this happens it sets a dangerous precident....

Nobody would be allowed to tachle him in training. I forsee Danny Mills and Didi Hamann being tied up like Hannibal Lector and left at the side of the pitch.

If true then it is the end of football as we know it.

I disagree, I think it is great news. I'm sure the Man City fans will be delighted.

I disagree, I think it is great news. I'm sure the Man City fans will be delighted.

I think the ones who have their heads screwed on will be (and should be) a bit worried. If you look past the headlines there is no end to the problems this will cause.

BBC are now also reporting ?500,000 a week, ?500,00 a fecking week!

If this happens it sets a dangerous precident....

I don't think it does. How many other teams are in the position to offer that?

If players are only interested in the cash then they are the sort you don't want anyway - they aren't going to fight for the jersey.

Footballers get paid enough anyway - ?100k pw or ?500k pw, in reality what's the difference? (ok, ?400k :rolleyes:) but my point is you can only spend so much.

I kind of think that there are still players out there with some integrity who want to play for certain clubs as they have a certain kudos that will rub off on the player. Not to mention the possibility of medals, glory etc. e.g. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Inter, Meelan, Man U, Liverpool - clubs with international pedigree and respect. (Perhaps also Arsenal, Chelsea, Roma)

I kind of think that there are still players out there with some integrity who want to play for certain clubs as they have a certain kudos that will rub off on the player. Not to mention the possibility of medals, glory etc. e.g. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Inter, Meelan, Man U, Liverpool - clubs with international pedigree and respect. (Perhaps also Arsenal, Chelsea, Roma)

We don't want to see the big clubs being challenged?

In Scotland that would be Rangers and Celtic.

I'm happy to see teams like Chelsea and Man City get their day. It is good for football.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

2 points.

1st. If these crazy Arab types want Kaka then why dont they just buy Milan,i reckon they could buy the club cheaper ?

2nd. Why didnt they offer the Double Glaziers at Old Trafford 1 Billion to buy that club and save all the hassle ?

2 points.

1st. If these crazy Arab types want Kaka then why dont they just buy Milan,i reckon they could buy the club cheaper ?

2nd. Why didnt they offer the Double Glaziers at Old Trafford 1 Billion to buy that club and save all the hassle ?

Why did vlad try buy Dundee UTD before having to settle for us?

I mean surely we are a bigger team........

Shows you how big a mess footballs in when Kaka's happy to move to a struggling EPL side purely becuase of the redic amount of money being paid... I'm guessing he's negotiated up to that silly amount of money? If I was a Man City fan I wouldnt be happy, first they sign a player who doesnt even know who he;s signed for and now this.

Destroying football.

We don't want to see the big clubs being challenged?

In Scotland that would be Rangers and Celtic.

I'm happy to see teams like Chelsea and Man City get their day. It is good for football.

Man City havent got there day though? They're being fleeced and not improving, building a team of players who dont identify with the club and its traditions, draining them of money and most probably not giving there all.

500K a week works out at ?26,000,000 a year in wages, so for a four year contract with ?100m transfer, Kaka would cost ?204,000,000!

I can't see it happening, although you couldn't blame Kaka for moving if that amount of money was on offer. Players are worth what other teams are prepared to pay for them. If i was in Milans position I'd accept the offer. Players can easily go off the boil, get injured etc. ?100m would make a big difference to Milans stability.

loveofthegame

?500k a week!!!! **** me! Absolutely ludicrous, would be the stupidest thing City could possibly do. What happens when Robinho walks up next week and says i want the same pay as Kaka, then Richard Dunne (hahaha) demands at least ?150k a week as club captain. Wouldn't be suprised if other more ordinary players are already getting ****ed off and their agents involved after what Wayne Bridge was given- ?100k a week.

Unsustainable madness. Hope its only a rumour.

Man City havent got there day though? They're being fleeced and not improving, building a team of players who dont identify with the club and its traditions, draining them of money and most probably not giving there all.

You don't think City will improve behind all recognition in the next year or so?

Mourinho will take charge and the players will come as they did at Chelsea.

Money talks and it is good to see another team getting ready to mess with the big boys.

Ah. That myth that players went to Chelsea when Mourinho was in charge....

You don't think City will improve behind all recognition in the next year or so?

Money talks and it is good to see another team getting ready to mess with the big boys.

They wont improve to the standard they should meaning footballs worse off...

quality players not playing to the best of there ability. Pretty simple mate.

Ah. That myth that players went to Chelsea when Mourinho was in charge....

Never heard that myth. It is not what I'm saying or trying to say. The quality wil arrive at Manchester City and good luck to them.

They wont improve to the standard they should meaning footballs worse off...

quality players not playing to the best of there ability. Pretty simple mate.

We'll see. :)

The Old Tolbooth
Relax, John. That's the gross figure. He'd be taxed & NIed on it.

'kin obscene if it's true and, as already said, another nail in the coffin of enjoyable football.

Oh well in that case I wouldn't get out of bed for it then :laugh:

Berlusconi has said "I hope he's not for sell and stays with us". Of course, he would be making any final decision.

Harry Redknapp was at Inter-Genoa last night to have a look at Adriano and, reportedly, Nicolas Burdisso. I also saw him speaking to Mario Balotelli at half time.

Gordon McQueen was also at the game for Boro but his intended target, Olivier Dacourt, did not play.

Guest Dipped Flake
2 points.

Off topic I know but I hate the accepted use of terms like these. Can you imagine the furore (sp?) if you had switched Arab for Jew when Chelsea or Man U were taken over???

I think alot of City players would hand in transfers or just freeze Kaka and Robinho out through their wages.

I think Kaka will sign but City are about to become one of the most hated clubs in the world with Chelsea.

?500k a week!!!! **** me! Absolutely ludicrous, would be the stupidest thing City could possibly do. What happens when Robinho walks up next week and says i want the same pay as Kaka, then Richard Dunne (hahaha) demands at least ?150k a week as club captain. Wouldn't be suprised if other more ordinary players are already getting ****ed off and their agents involved after what Wayne Bridge was given- ?100k a week.

Exactly what's been happening over at Easter Road since Ratboy returned apparently*!

(obviously without as many zeroes on the end of the wages!)

I think alot of City players would hand in transfers or just freeze Kaka and Robinho out through their wages.

I think Kaka will sign but City are about to become one of the most hated clubs in the world with Chelsea.

Some City players will take it differently and will be delighted to have the chance to play with these great players. The youths must be excited at the thought of training with the very best in the world. Imagine being a Hearts youth and in walks Kaka. :)

There will be those in football and the media that want Man City to fail as they do want Chelsea to fail. The elitists would prefer to see Liverpool and Man Utd continue to dominate the game down south. It is the same up here with Rangers and Celtic, some people in the game don't want to see an challenge to the big clubs. It is a kind of snobbery, imo.

The wage disparancy issue will be irrelevant as far as i'm concerned.

If Richard Dunne comes up and demands 150k a week then the manager can tell him he can either go try find a wage like that elsewhere or apologise and get on with it.

Football players are still human beings. They will be well aware of the reasons why Kaka is being offered silly money.

In positive news, i'm sure Kaka donates 10% of his wages to charity so that'll be a nice earner for them.

500K a week works out at ?26,000,000 a year in wages, so for a four year contract with ?100m transfer, Kaka would cost ?204,000,000!

I can't see it happening, although you couldn't blame Kaka for moving if that amount of money was on offer. Players are worth what other teams are prepared to pay for them. If i was in Milans position I'd accept the offer. Players can easily go off the boil, get injured etc. ?100m would make a big difference to Milans stability.

For clarity -

With the oil price surging recently, his family's wealth has been increasing massively by the day. Every time the price of a barrel of oil rises by $1, it is estimated Abu Dhabi gains as much as $500m (?280m) a day.

So one day's profits pay for Kaka to come and play with an extra 80 million left over.

And it's even less of a big deal when you take into account the money they will make from the signing of Kaka via image rights etc.

The wage disparancy issue will be irrelevant as far as i'm concerned.

If Richard Dunne comes up and demands 150k a week then the manager can tell him he can either go try find a wage like that elsewhere or apologise and get on with it.

Football players are still human beings. They will be well aware of the reasons why Kaka is being offered silly money.

In positive news, i'm sure Kaka donates 10% of his wages to charity so that'll be a nice earner for them.

Well aware??

well aware that he doesnt want to be there but is doing so to set up generations of his children and grand children for life.

Well aware??

well aware that he doesnt want to be there but is doing so to set up generations of his children and grand children for life.

Because every other player is at Man City for their love of the club and would play for free if necessary.

Because every other player is at Man City for their love of the club and would play for free if necessary.

No... BUT they dont need to be paid 4 times the salary of the next man to do it.

It does breed contempt, we know it does, hibs know it does and so do Chelsea... all on different scales.

So tell me... why is Kaka being paid 4, 5, 6, 7 and possibly 8 times the salary of the other players at City?

No... BUT they dont need to be paid 4 times the salary of the next man to do it.

It does breed contempt, we know it does, hibs know it does and so do Chelsea... all on different scales.

So tell me... why is Kaka being paid 4, 5, 6, 7 and possibly 8 times the salary of the other players at City?

Because he is in the top 3 players in the world and could realistically play for any club in the world of his choosing on an obscene wage.

Because he is in the top 3 players in the world and could realistically play for any club in the world of his choosing on an obscene wage.

The above doesnt make him worth that though, does it?

The above doesnt make him worth that though, does it?

I don't know. It's all relative. If the backers behind Man City really have a trillion dollars at their disposal then it's pocket change isn't it?

If it's any consolation he runs the Hearts midfield with Aguair in my FIFA 2008 team on the Xbox - great support for Kuranyi and Ibrahimovic upfront. I got him for ?38 million, a bargain.;)

:mw_rolleyes::laugh:

They were doing crap when they were trying to sign Robinho, didn't stop him signing. It's all about money imo, they have billions more than everyone else does and that counts because it means they can make offers that even the big clubs can't refuse. Once the clubs have agreed, because they are getting so much money it means the player has to sign

I had forgot all about robinho, but wasnt he desprate for a move away from real madrid? A player like Kaka will not go just for the money, he wants to win cups and there more chance of him wining trophys at millian than at man city..

A player dosnt have to sign just beacause they club agreed on a huge fee, the player has to agree aswell. Like you say alot of player will move just for the money, but theres alot of player out there who wont, and i think Kaka is one of those who wont...

I don't know. It's all relative. If the backers behind Man City really have a trillion dollars at their disposal then it's pocket change isn't it?

Aye I know, that bits fine I suppose but its more the fact that players will look about and think well, he doesnt work 5 times harder than me, doesn't score 5 times as many goals etc so why's he being paid that kinda cash.

Ach.. I'm just a bit ****ed off it aint me I suppose! ;)

Aye I know, that bits fine I suppose but its more the fact that players will look about and think well, he doesnt work 5 times harder than me, doesn't score 5 times as many goals etc so why's he being paid that kinda cash.

Ach.. I'm just a bit ****ed off it aint me I suppose! ;)

Apparently Kaka has spent an hour praying every day of his life.

So now you know

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

500k a week!

Death knell for football as we know it, IMO. The game's gonna implode at this rate. It won't be long before we see a system similar to North American sports - salary caps, drafts etc.

Frankenstein Jambo.

There are only 4 players in the world that money just wouldn't and shouldn't be able to buy. Messi, Torres, kaka and C Ronaldo. You could maybe put Gerrard into that list too.

Frankenstein Jambo.
500k a week!

Death knell for football as we know it, IMO. The game's gonna implode at this rate. It won't be long before we see a system similar to North American sports - salary caps, drafts etc.

Yet most of the American football teams are still suffering horrbly due to debt.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Yet most of the American football teams are still suffering horrbly due to debt.

Not really true the average debt for an American football team is around 200 million. When you think about how Man Utd are in over 600 million and Liverpool are in over 300 million

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fair play to City for ambition but it isn't exactly what they need at present. Kaka could end up in the Championship!

Charlie-Brown

Is buying star players enough to make a great 'team' ? What about compatability, ego's, personality, attitude & desire etc

Sterling Archer

if he really is a man of god he'll take 50 grand a week and give the other 450k to support the street kids of brazil.

Archived