CLUBS in England and Spain After Larry !! (merged threads)

The Don

CLUBS in England and Spain are leading the pursuit of Hearts midfielder Larry Kingston, but the player's representatives maintain that he will happily remain at Tynecastle if a transfer does not materialise during the current window.

Kingston is interesting Bolton Wanderers and an unnamed club in Spain's La Liga, with Hearts willing to listen to any realistic offer for their Ghanaian internationalist.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-ace-Larry-luring-English.4869000.jp

According to the EN.

I think we should be cashing in on Larry now, and use the money we get to secure the likes of Aguiar who i think has made more impact, and has more determination. Also put the money towards getting Barr and Arfield, and bringing in Black now.

Chad Sexington
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-ace-Larry-luring-English.4869000.jp

According to the EN.

I think we should be cashing in on Larry now, and use the money we get to secure the likes of Aguiar who i think has made more impact, and has more determination. Also put the money towards getting Barr and Arfield, and bringing in Black now.

I would be surprised if Kingston plays for Hearts again.

agreed. it seems like proper resource management to cut and run on larry now and use the freed up wages on far more effective players like aguiar.

if he wants to stay then fine, we just need a bit more from him.

Me too. I'd also be a little surprised if Bruno plays for us again - but hopefully that's just my overly pessimistic side rearing its head again.

Not a chance Bruno will stay, he wont be offered a new deal anything like the one he's on so will leave for cash.

alwaysthereinspirit

I would be p!$$ed if Kingston plays for Hearts again. :)

Says alot about Larry Kingston that everyone is happy to sell IMO.

:108years:

It does say a lot about him, I don't think theres a game this season where anyone could say Larry has been great, There have been a few moments in a game but nothing more. A fully fit and determined Larry is an asset to any team, unfortunately he does not seem too interested, and that cant be blamed on any behind the scenes nonsense this year, last year players not concentrating and giving 100% could be blamed on off field behind the scenes problems not this year.

I think it far more sensible to cash in on him, and use that money to secure players that want to play for us and would make good additions to the squad. As Vlad and many others have said if you can sell a player and replace him with 2 or 3 players of similar stature or prospect then thats the way it should be done.

Jambo_in_Madrid

Real Madrid are in the merket for a player to play wide right. Maybe he is their back option incase the can't sign Ronaldo or Ribery !!

:laugh:

Tynecastle Valhalla
Real Madrid are in the merket for a player to play wide right. Maybe he is their back option incase the can't sign Ronaldo or Ribery !!

:laugh:

or pennant?!

" Hearts star Laryea Kingston is attracting interest from a trio of English clubs, according to the midfielder's representative. Portsmouth and Bolton are among the clubs linked with Kingston."

Chad Sexington
" Hearts star Laryea Kingston is attracting interest from a trio of English clubs, according to the midfielder's representative. Portsmouth and Bolton are among the clubs linked with Kingston."

Good.

Lets start the bidding at ?2 million please.

clay_auctioneer.jpg

?1m +

Bite their hands off.

Offload him from the wage bill as well as the transfer money means we could potentially get Black straight away and a couple of decent strikers.

Kingston to Portsmouth, Obua to Newcastle... i might have to cancel my Skysports subscription.

?1m +

Bite their hands off.

Offload him from the wage bill as well as the transfer money means we could potentially get Black straight away and a couple of decent strikers.

I'd be looking for nothing less than ?2.5m.

I'd be looking for nothing less than ?2.5m.

I would take anything over ?1million.

Biggest waste of space and money at the club.

mmm

Exactly. More like, there hasnt been as much interest as they'd like so the agent is trying to get kingstons name in the news so some managers will consider him...

Never a premiership player though.

Exactly. More like, there hasnt been as much interest as they'd like so the agent is trying to get kingstons name in the news so some managers will consider him...

Never a premiership player though.

He's world class though :tongue:

He's world class though :tongue:

I mind reading in the paper a couple of years ago that he feels that after a couple of years at hearts he will be ready for his dream move to Barcelona :108years:

I mind reading in the paper a couple of years ago that he feels that after a couple of years at hearts he will be ready for his dream move to Barcelona :108years:

He must have been reading his own hype on Kickback, probably thinks he really is better than Essien.

Thats exactly why we need to recoup some of that back.

He's been on big wages and cost us a half million transfer fee.

We need to get about ?2.5 million to break even on him.

2nd to Beslija ;)

I can't help but feel that all this interest in Kingston is a figment of his agent's imagination. I'd be happy for him to move, but does anyone honestly think he has shown enough in his appearances for Hearts to earn a move?

Cheeroh then. Thanks for the odd game you played and occasional happy memory.

Over a Mil and that'll do nicely.

Larry was fantastic in the beginning with all those goal line blocks that he made and chipping in with some fine goals.

Would still be a loss to the team, but if his wages are what they're rumoured we simply can't afford him.

Wage reduction is vital IMO. VR seems to have lost interest and I feel he will be looking for a buyer at some point soon.

not that big a loss to the side, should only sell him if money is given to csaba for a few new signings...

You of course are joking.

portobellojambo1
I can't help but feel that all this interest in Kingston is a figment of his agent's imagination.

I think there may be a club interested, but in relation to the original source I think it is all pure guesswork on behalf of BA, with, as you say, a bit of input from an agent trying to drum up interest.

He hasn't done anything this season to make himself sellable. Any scouts who have watched him in games for Hearts this season cannot have been anything other than 'not impressed' by what was on show. For someone who wants to perform in The Champions League he has to learn to perform at a decent level regularly in the SPL first.

I can't help but feel that all this interest in Kingston is a figment of his agent's imagination. I'd be happy for him to move, but does anyone honestly think he has shown enough in his appearances for Hearts to earn a move?

Nope, would be surprised if anyone is daft enough to pay money for him.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Just looks like some rubbish agents talk,nothing really occuring.

OK so Bolton and a club in Spain took a look and???

saying that he has been injured so may have prevented more scouts reports.

Still would love to see him leave,at anything even as low as 500K to recoup our buying price.

At ?15000 he does not provide anything except a drain on club funds.

Plus if he leaves we get a more steady midfield...

Archived