Driver, left or right?

IMA MAROON

I think we might be better off playing him on the right because when he cuts in from the left his shooting with his right foot is not that great, it is pretty weak.

This would also give Obua a chance to play in his position.

loveofthegame

Driver left, Chesney right.

Driver's first job is to create goals, not score them, and he'll do that more often on the left imo.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Did he not play on the right against Celtic in the CIS and set up a goal?

I dunno though. He is very poor on his right but if he played on the right hand side he would be cutting back onto his left everytime he wanted to cross the ball, which is a wingers main role.

Solution is he works hard on his right foot and his final ball then there is no need to move him. I'm confident he is doing this.

I'd like him to work on his final ball. His shooting and crossing has been pretty poor of late and if he really wants to move up a level it's something he will need to sort out.

Drylaw Hearts

It's a good point.

Driver would be better off cutting inside and having a shot because he has very little to aim at in the box.

It's a good point.

Driver would be better off cutting inside and having a shot because he has very little to aim at in the box.

To be fair it doesn't matter if we have every player in the box it still needs to be a good cross.

Just keep him on the left with Chesney on the right and have them as well as the full backs practice crossing as it has been woeful this season.

Drylaw Hearts
To be fair it doesn't matter if we have every player in the box it still needs to be a good cross.

Just keep him on the left with Chesney on the right and have them as well as the full backs practice crossing as it has been woeful this season.

Niether Miko, Chesney or Driver can be considered as a good crosser of the ball.

loveofthegame

It would mean his only real option would be cutting back onto his left every single time as he would be unable to deliver a decent ball on his right foot. Becomes too easy to read.

At least on the left he has the choice of going down the line or cutting back in and having a shot. Just because he cuts in from the left doesn't mean he has to shoot with his right, see the goals at Hamilton and his wonder goal against Falkirk at Tynie this season for example.

Moving him to the right for short periods of games is a good idea, i quite like when wingers switch every so often, keeps the full backs guessing. However, moving him permanently to the right would be ridiculous, but thankfully will not happen.

Niether Miko, Chesney or Driver can be considered as a good crosser of the ball.

Exactly. i.e it doesn't matter how many players are in the box as there crossing is as I said woeful.

I think we might be better off playing him on the right because when he cuts in from the left his shooting with his right foot is not that great, it is pretty weak.

This would also give Obua a chance to play in his position.

preferrably on the left but he can operate well on the right. you're dead right about the weakness in his game about cutting inside on to his weaker foot, something which he's going to have to work on, but he's still better on the left.

let's not look for ways to have obua in the team!!! let's think of ways to make sure he's not in the team.

It's a good point.

Csaba agrees. :)

Last season Driver's best games were all on the right side.

We have a player whose best attribute is taking on players but who struggles to hit a decent shot or put in a decent cross on a consistent basis.

Until his final ball improves I think Driver will be most productive at putting pressure on defences and scoring goals himself. At right wing, he's more likely to score than at left wing due to his very weak right footed shots.

That being said, at left wing Driver has already put in some great performances this season and if we let him develop and he works on his crossing- we could have an extremely effective left winger.

Archived