Hobos Seriously Looking To Appeal Red Card !!

The Don

HIBERNIAN were last night seriously weighing up an appeal against Steven Fletcher's controversial red card in Sunday's 2-0 Edinburgh derby defeat to Hearts.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-may-appeal-red-card.4868271.jp

The misery continues for the lochend cockends. Thompson has already stated the red card was correct, so very much the same as what happened to Zal when the ref says he got it right your fecked. Why would they even consider this?

Having watched the highlights over and over I have no doubt red was the right decision, a reckless, dangerous 2 footed lunge at Berra, which could have broken his leg had he not got out the way, there is nothing in the rule book that says a players leg must be broken or injury has to occur to a player in order for a red card to be justified.

Mixu is in one of today's papers saying that Fletcher done exactly what he had asked of him.

Anyway what does it matter if his foot hit the turf before hitting Berra surely it is all to do with the intent.If his foot does hit the turf first it is more down to luck than trying to pull out of what was a two footed lunge.

The misery continues for the lochend cockends. Thompson has already stated the red card was correct, so very much the same as what happened to Zal when the ref says he got it right your fecked. Why would they even consider this?

Having watched the highlights over and over I have no doubt red was the right decision, a reckless, dangerous 2 footed lunge at Berra, which could have broken his leg had he not got out the way, there is nothing in the rule book that says a players leg must be broken or injury has to occur to a player in order for a red card to be justified.

Thompson had a look at the decision at half time apprently and felt it was still the correct decision.

IMO i feel it was slightly harsh but I can see why he has sent him off

You have to remember that they appealed Shiel's sending off after the 3-2 game.

By their standards appealing Fletcher's red card is nothing.

It could of been a yellow but you can see why the ref sent him off. I would be very surprised if it was turned over.

I'm not sure Berra did manage to get out of the way. Fletcher's lunge caught him and even if you're Chuck Norris, that's going to hurt a little.

Mixu has chosen to blame Berra for the result because he is in a state of panic, denial and is way over his head working in the SPL.

It's not our fault the Hibs players had no control over their emotions. We won this at a canter.

Buffalo Bill

Hopefully they will take the example of the English FA have done with recent frivolous appeals and add a further match and fine.

You have to remember that they appealed Shiel's sending off after the 3-2 game.

They tried to blame us for that sending off too.

Shiels scored a penalty and then decided to run towards Gordon and punched him straight in the adam's apple!

I mean WTF? What are these guys on?

Buffalo Bill

Mixu is in one of today's papers saying that Fletcher done exactly what he had asked of him.

That was in yesterdays EN as well... I actually thought that at the time as well,

Minutes before his sending off he made a reckless challenge against zal or johnson and was spoken to by the ref and then shortly afterwards ratboy did the same thing.

It was clear that the flairmeisters tactics were to foul, nip and harry our defence into giving them anykind of advantage...

It was nice to see that work well for them:108years:

Chad Sexington
Hopefully they will take the example of the English FA have done with recent frivolous appeals and add a further match and fine.

I agree.

It will make a mockery of the whole appeals procedure if they go ahead with this.

As has been pointed out numerous occasions, this is the desperate actions of a desperate man. He's doing everything in his power to deflect attention away from his own incompetence. Only the very gullible or the very stupid will be fooled though.

It would be quite sad if it wasn't so hilarious. :D

I think this whole affair is now starting to cloud over just how bad Hibs performance was and also how much they got away with numerous other shocking tackles in the game.Two derbies in a week they played against us and they had 1 shot on target in each game and played the same shocking(i'll qoute a Hibby here)Foosball tactics.

I'm not sure Berra did manage to get out of the way. Fletcher's lunge caught him and even if you're Chuck Norris, that's going to hurt a little.

Mixu has chosen to blame Berra for the result because he is in a state of panic, denial and is way over his head working in the SPL.

It's not our fault the Hibs players had no control over their emotions. We won this at a canter.

Buffalo Bill

Agree It's clear he caught berra, but if berra hadn't tried getting out of the way and left his leg on the ground it would have been a lot worse, thats the point i was making.

I can't see this ever being overturned, i just think they are making even bigger clowns of themselves appealing this.

I agree.

It will make a mockery of the whole appeals procedure if they go ahead with this.

As has been pointed out numerous occasions, this is the desperate actions of a desperate man. He's doing everything in his power to deflect attention away from his own incompetence. Only the very gullible or the very stupid will be fooled though.

It would be quite sad if it wasn't so hilarious. :D

If there was any doubt then fair enough,but, has anyone other than Mixu even half suggested it wasnt a red.

I dont think so, if the fat ****ing **** doesnt shut his mouth soon he should be hammered for his libelous comments and bringing the game into disrepute.

He is quickly jumping to the head of the arsehole hibs manager queue.

it's clear that the fat trout has dug a hole for himself and doesn't have the brains to stop digging and is now on an unstoppable fools errand. he's making a complete and utter fool of himself and if i was in the unfortunate position of being rod the tache.... i would tell him to shut up and forget an appeal because he's dragging his club's name into the embarrassment as well.

very funny to watch it unfold though.

At the time, I thought it was a yellow.

However, If Mixu insists on asking the same ref who has already reviewed the video evidence and concluded that he got it right, to do it again and . . er . . change his mind, then he has lost the plot entirely.

I can understand his comments when emotions were running high, but to think about an appeal in the cold light of Monday is plain stupid.

it's clear that the fat trout has dug a hole for himself and doesn't have the brains to stop digging and is now on an unstoppable fools errand. he's making a complete and utter fool of himself and if i was in the unfortunate position of being rod the tache.... i would tell him to shut up and forget an appeal because he's dragging his club's name into the embarrassment as well.

very funny to watch it unfold though.

Mornin m8,

I think we are witnessing the demise of the fat finn right before our very eyes. In very Rileyesque fashion. It wont be long before he's admitted to AD's. If it wasn't for him being a fatt hobo barsteward it would be quite sad really to see a grown man breakdown in full view of the public and media.

Mornin m8,

I think we are witnessing the demise of the fat finn right before our very eyes. In very Rileyesque fashion. It wont be long before he's admitted to AD's. If it wasn't for him being a fatt hobo barsteward it would be quite sad really to see a grown man breakdown in full view of the public and media.

morning mate.

interesting comparison to make there, fatman mixu and the riley lunatic!!!

yes he's lost the place completely, not long now until he's carted off in a strait jacket and a gimp mask.

do they make strait jackets in that size?

I agree with Pr... :confused:

I agree with Pran... :dontgetit:

I agree with Prancer! :eek::omg::banghead2:

Let's face it people:

This stuff is feckin' priceless. I hope they keep the Fat Trout for a very long time.

Buffalo Bill

I agree with Pr... :confused:

I agree with Pran... :dontgetit:

I agree with Prancer! :eek::omg::banghead2:

I really think the fat finn should be hauled up in front of the beaks for his continuing comments over this. I can see maybe they gave him a little leway on Sunday as emotions were high at the time, but to carry on this futile campaign and continue making the comments he is making is clearly a charge of "Bringing the game into disrepute" I have no doubt whatsoever had Csaba or Vlad been making these same comments they would already be up in front of a disciplinary committe on these charges, and fined for the comments. This imbicile needs to be shut up.

Anyway what does it matter if his foot hit the turf before hitting Berra surely it is all to do with the intent.If his foot does hit the turf first it is more down to luck than trying to pull out of what was a two footed lunge.

Aberdeen used these same tactics and got away away with.

Sorry Mixu copying other teams tactics didn't work.

No Brines this week.

:)

:108years::108years::108years:

Heehee. I don't believe for one second that anyone else at the San Giro will be serious about this appeal. In fact, I'd imagine that most have their head in their hands at the very thought.

He's making a real fool of himself now, and if it wasn't so funny I might even feel sorry for him.

He's grabbing at straws, big time. Tis the act of a desperate man.

I really think the fat finn should be hauled up in front of the beaks for his continuing comments over this. I can see maybe they gave him a little leway on Sunday as emotions were high at the time, but to carry on this futile campaign and continue making the comments he is making is clearly a charge of "Bringing the game into disrepute" I have no doubt whatsoever had Csaba or Vlad been making these same comments they would already be up in front of a disciplinary committe on these charges, and fined for the comments. This imbicile needs to be shut up.

Re: Steven Fletcher. Claim of wrongful dismissal submitted by Hibernian FC

Mixu Paatelainen: "Your gringe, I submit that we were playing fantastic football, were on the front foot, I am in no way a laughably incompetent embarrassment to myself or my club, and the" *pauses, stuffing another huge greasy sausage between his yellowing fangs* "cheating brown trout got my brave boy sent off!"

Gordon Smith: "Petition to sanction Hibernian FC for wasting the committee's time."

His gringe: "Granted! Hibernian FC is fined ?10,000 for turning up. Case dismissed!"

Mixu's feeling the heat and is using this to try and deflect the flak. The hibby's are stupid if they fall for it as it is hiding the fact that they are crap and have a poor manager in charge.

I mean, why listen to the opinion of someone who doesn't have a clue? A year from now Mixu will be in the football wilderness.

His antics on Sunday were embarassing. Out of his depth.

The tackle on Berra is exactly the type of things refs should punish, not stepping off the field of play to celebrate a goal etc. Punish the shirt pulling, holding in the box, bad tackles etc, things that might improve the entertainment in the game and provide more scoring opportunities, not the meaningless crap that just frustrates everybody.

Whats been missed by many is the reason Fletcher lunged into that tackle and the build up to it. He missed a sitter which any player in La Liga ooops i mean SPL should have scored. He was frustrated and clearly the adrenaline was flowing at a much faster rate, in the same incident, as the ball is cleared away by Berra Fletcher clearly (As you can see in the highlghts) tries to grab berras leg to bring him down, play then continues and minutes later when the oppertunity arrises he lunges at Berra and is sent off. I have little doubt that Fletchers mindset was to go into that challenge recklessly He maybe did not go in with intention of injuring Berra but he recklessly lunged into it out of frustration.

Mixu has made such a fuss about this it would be contradictory if they did not appeal.

Unfortunately, as a consequence of a senior moment whilst setting my video I have no record of the incident to watch over and over again so have to rely on my memory. At the time, I thought it could have gone either way, red or yellow.

Whats been missed by many is the reason Fletcher lunged into that tackle and the build up to it. He missed a sitter which any player in La Liga ooops i mean SPL should have scored. He was frustrated and clearly the adrenaline was flowing at a much faster rate, in the same incident, as the ball is cleared away by Berra Fletcher clearly (As you can see in the highlghts) tries to grab berras leg to bring him down, play then continues and minutes later when the oppertunity arrises he lunges at Berra and is sent off. I have little doubt that Fletchers mindset was to go into that challenge recklessly He maybe did not go in with intention of injuring Berra but he recklessly lunged into it out of frustration.

It happens in derbies. Especially when the manager has entirely failed to establish any discipline in the dressing room at all, and just winds his players up beforehand instead. I don't harbour any ill will towards Fletcher: he got the red card and automatic suspension he deserved. It's Mixu who's the real guilty party here.

Absolutely correct. The phrase Dead man Walking was used last night (by BB ?) and it's spot-on.

I think the reptiles will appeal it. Not because they think they can win it, but to try and make Mixu look a little less foolish.

Can you imagine how much more of a trumpet he will look after all of his slavering if Hibs don't appeal ?

PS. A Falkirk fan came up to me at work this morning as said "How much of an idiot is Mixu making of himself ?". Even these strokers can see it.

HelloSunshine

Mixu just can't seem to accept that Fletcher jumped into a challenge 2 footed and got nowhere near the ball - the ball is hardly on screen in the replay! He even had a go at Berra for a 'bad touch' before the challenge. :eek:

What about Fletcher's control to give the ball back to us...not Real Madrid class for me!:tongue:

Hope Mixu stays at the helm for as long as possible.

Absolutely correct. The phrase Dead man Walking was used last night (by BB ?) and it's spot-on.

I think the reptiles will appeal it. Not because they think they can win it, but to try and make Mixu look a little less foolish.

Can you imagine how much more of a trumpet he will look after all of his slavering if Hibs don't appeal ?

PS. A Falkirk fan came up to me at work this morning as said "How much of an idiot is Mixu making of himself ?". Even these strokers can see it.

If I were Petrie, I'd refuse to support an appeal, so hopefully forcing Mixu into resigning and hence saving me a packet in compo. Can you believe he was given a four year contract?! Oops. :laugh:

apart from an initial reaction as soon as the ref showed the red card, the basic acceptance of fletcher to the decision told it's own story... he knew damn well and fine that his challenge was a dangerous one. there was also a lack of protest from his team mates.

the hibs players all seemed to know it, a lot of their fans seem to know it, the only moron that seems to be at odds with the general consensus if the demented fat trout.

it's just as well his playing days are long gone, he would have been a danger to other players if he truly believes that challenge wasn't reckless.

mister stay-puft - a truly awful embarrassment.

If I were Petrie, I'd refuse to support an appeal, so hopefully forcing Mixu into resigning and hence saving me a packet in compo. Can you believe he was given a four year contract?! Oops. :laugh:

4 and a half years i was told by some Hobos. Either way thats a lot of money to pay out in severance pay if the tache sacked him. My gues would be somewhere close to ?400,000 give or take a little either way. No way is the tache going to part with that sort of money. Then not only that there is the possible cost of replacing him if they want a manager already in employment as they would have to pay compensation to the other club.

4 and a half years i was told by some Hobos. Either way thats a lot of money to pay out in severance pay if the tache sacked him. My gues would be somewhere close to ?400,000 give or take a little either way. No way is the tache going to part with that sort of money. Then not only that there is the possible cost of replacing him if they want a manager already in employment as they would have to pay compensation to the other club.

so basically the hobos are stuck with the demented blimp for quite some time?

ha ha haaaaaaa!!!!!! :D

Chad Sexington

No chance of Mixu jumping ship. He'll be dug in like an Alabama tick.

He'll need every penny of compo he can get.

I doubt he'll ever manage at a decent level again after he gets emptied by Petrie.

Who would want to employ the oaf?

Laughable.

The Fat Finn is ready to self-implode and if the board continue backing him and his stupidity then Hibernian FC will not be far behind him in the imploding stakes.

Sadly I think Mixu is on his way to the dole queue. Shame as I'd love him to stay.

No chance of Mixu jumping ship. He'll be dug in like an Alabama tic.

He'll need every penny of compo he can get.

I doubt he'll ever manage at a decent level again after he gets emptied by Petrie.

Who would want to employ the oaf?

Er... um... Brechin City in a couple of months?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brechin_city/7819256.stm

:D

Mixu is actually making Duffy look like a consummate professional.

He's that bad.

I know. It's unbelievable.

Meanwhile, from that piece on Duffy:

Brechin chairman Ken Ferguson said: "Jim brings a wealth of experience from both his playing days and, of course, an illustrious managerial career.

"We were quite amazed at the high quality of the applicants."

... (Duffy) also turned down offers to manage Bohemians and Cambridge United in recent years.

:laugh:

The back page of the Daily ****** yesterday had a wee story about how Mixu was boiling mad about the sending off, blah blah blah, immediately under the story was a cracking picture of the incident, ball nowhere, Fletcher's eyes firmly fixed on Berras's ankle as he lunges in two-footed without even a passing thought about the ball.

As far as I can see that photo is all the evidence you need that the intent was there to do harm, whether the actual contact was minimal or not is completely irrelevant, the intent alone = violent conduct = red card, end of story, so shut the feck up Mixu you utter tit. I think you need to show more attention to slaughtering Fletcher for (arguably) costing your pishy team yet another derby game than any ridiculous attempt to make it look as though you were somehow cheated out of a derby, in which your flairsome team managed one solitary half chance in 90 minutes and were generally utterly garbage throughout.

If Mixu hasn't seen the back page of Monday's ****** then I think he ought to have a look before he makes even more of a tool of himself.

I kinda hope Mixu shuts his mouth soon. He is bad tempered, unprofessional, stupid and severely out of his depth. In other words the perfect Hibs manager. He also has 3 and a half years left on his contract so the subjectives won't want to pay him off as they must continue with their holy quest to get their debt to the flair level.

Yet the more he goes on the more I worry Hibs won't be left without a choice. Surely this plum can't continue managing a football club in Scotland's top flight?

To reiterate what someone said yesterday or over the weekend, still photos are all very well - you need to see the incident at full tilt to see there was bad timing, intent and lack of control.

If the fat Finn had approached this in a normal manner then the appeal might have had some kind of chance ... possibly...remotely down to a yellow from red. However Mixu has made such an erse of this with his post-match pronouncements over the last 48 hours, that any chance of that has probably now evaporated. By wrongly naming Berra as a cheat, he's left the referee no wriggle-room ...

The mans an idiot :108years:

The wee team fans that I know are embarresed by Mixu, I watched the replays last night and shabba looking for him at full time was magic.

The fact is the challange was a blatant foul, definate yellow and a possible red. At the game I thought he is off straight away, it was 2 footed and a stupid foul that then led to us dominating (not that im complaining) Mixu should shut up before any credibility he has remaining evaporates

FTH 108 108 108

I still don't understand how Mixu (or anyone) can think that Berra made the most of the challenge at all. He played the ball away with one foot then, as he went to place that foot on the ground, Fletcher slid into it and knocked his leg out the way. Losing your standing foot is obviously going to cause you to fall awkwardly and thats exactly what happened.

Or is my view of it somehow skewed?

I still think it was more a yellow than a red, but giving a red was not inconceivable especially given the refs view and the intent shown.

I still don't understand how Mixu (or anyone) can think that Berra made the most of the challenge at all. He played the ball away with one foot then, as he went to place that foot on the ground, Fletcher slid into it and knocked his leg out the way. Losing your standing foot is obviously going to cause you to fall awkwardly and thats exactly what happened.

Or is my view of it somehow skewed?

I still think it was more a yellow than a red, but giving a red was not inconceivable especially given the refs view and the intent shown.

exactly.

it all depended on the angle of view. from the referee's angle it looked a lot worse than it did from the other side. one thing is for sure, unless you're as bitter and blinded as the demented trout, berra did not "make the most of it", he was soundly clattered and it could have been a whole lot worse.

the trout can scream and shout until the end of time but everyone can see for themselves that his version of events are exactly that.... his version, not the actually reality of events. he should realise that he can't pull the wool over when there is plain and simple TV evidence to the contrary.

total erse of a man.

Seymour M Hersh
I think this whole affair is now starting to cloud over just how bad Hibs performance was and also how much they got away with numerous other shocking tackles in the game.Two derbies in a week they played against us and they had 1 shot on target in each game and played the same shocking(i'll qoute a Hibby here)Foosball tactics.

Job done by the pickled trout then perhaps VV?:108years:

The back page of the Daily ****** yesterday had a wee story about how Mixu was boiling mad about the sending off, blah blah blah, immediately under the story was a cracking picture of the incident, ball nowhere, Fletcher's eyes firmly fixed on Berras's ankle as he lunges in two-footed without even a passing thought about the ball.

As far as I can see that photo is all the evidence you need that the intent was there to do harm, whether the actual contact was minimal or not is completely irrelevant, the intent alone = violent conduct = red card, end of story, so shut the feck up Mixu you utter tit. I think you need to show more attention to slaughtering Fletcher for (arguably) costing your pishy team yet another derby game than any ridiculous attempt to make it look as though you were somehow cheated out of a derby, in which your flairsome team managed one solitary half chance in 90 minutes and were generally utterly garbage throughout.

If Mixu hasn't seen the back page of Monday's ****** then I think he ought to have a look before he makes even more of a tool of himself.

First time I saw it I thought it looked like Berra's foot had been photo shopped to apprear further away from Fletch's boot than it actually was.

Anyway, I hope they do appeal and waste another grand for nothing

It's pretty shocking that a guy who played the game cannot realise how close Berra was to being seriously crocked by a very dangerous challenge.

Even if Berra had got his ankle or leg broken the man would have still moaned about it.

Big Mixu is a total erse and the SFA should fine him for these ridiculous comments.

Archived