SFA and Brines.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A couple of weeks ago I sent an email to the SFA and CC'd it to UEFA regarding Brines, as I know a few others on here did... This was the less than satisfactory response. (Follows the mail I sent) Did anyone else receive a response?

MY mail...

"The unfair treetment of Hearts FC, by the SFA.Friday, 2 January, 2009 2:44 PM

To: [email protected]: [email protected]

Dear Sirs,

I feel that I am obligated to send a copy of this to UEFA since no action is being taken by our own governing body.

I am writing this email to you in order to voice my concerns relating to the actions of Ian Brines at Pittodrie last weekend when he was placed in charge of officiating the match between Aberdeen and Hearts. It is bad enough that Marius Zaliukas was sent off for a crime he did not commit in the first place but for the referee, who got the incident so badly wrong to then be allowed to reject the subsequent appeal is mind boggling.

I have watched the video replay a number of times now and every time I do I just become more and more furious that this man has not been called to task for his blatant cheating. The Aberdeen player Lee Miller is seen jerking his head towards Marius Zaliukas and making contact with him, and yet when the incident is cited for review in the wake of Marius' red card, somehow Mr Brines has seen fit to not accept that he has got it wrong and has dismissed the appeal.

Why has this outcome been allowed to stand and why has Mr Brines not been asked to explain his frankly disturbing and seemingly sinister actions? there is a feeling now amongst the thousands of Hearts fans (including myself) who pay good money to watch our club enter these tournaments in good faith, that there is a vendetta against our club and that we are not treated in the same manner as the other member clubs of the SPL.

I am currently looking into complaining to a third party on this matter, in the hope that an independant source can launch an investigation into the strange and increasingly frequent bad decisions that are going the way of our club. I see no reason why this would not be deemed as fraud, we pay our membership of the club like everybody else and yet we are not allowed to compete on a level playing field. The decisions that are going against our team are starting to resemble an agenda outwith the supposed fair governance that it is your association's duty to provide to all the Scottish clubs in EQUAL measure.

I look forward to a reply to this email but not as much as I do the replies from the other parties I am contacting about this issue... I rather cynicaly expect that this appeal will fall on as deaf a pair of ears and ones that were there to listen to Marius' complaint.

Yours sincerely,

Reply...

"Thank you for your recent e-mail in connection with the Claim of Wrongful Dismissal submitted by Heart of Midlothian FC in respect of the sending off of its player Marius Zaliukas having been dismissed.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding. This is due to our offices re-opening only yesterday after the festive holidays.

The views you express and comments you make regarding this matter have been noted.

Our Chief Executive, Gordon Smith, would wish to advise you that the SFA's Disciplinary Procedures are reviewed annually by a Working Group comprising representatives from a cross-section of the game. Clubs are also able to raise any issues relating to the function of the Procedures for consideration by the Working Group. The provisions for dealing with Claims of Wrongful Dismissal will be therefore be reviewed at the end of the season as a matter of course.

Thank you for taking the time to write to the Association.

Kind regards,

Disciplinary Department

Scottish FA

Tel: +44 141 616 6018

Fax: +44 141 616 6001

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Good stuff Mothy.

That automated e-mail response is the same one i received.

Interesting to note that Gordon Smith has publicly called for a revamp of the appeals process.

I read yesterday on here that Brines is in charge of the Hobo's against St Midden this weekend and if Brines performs up to his usual standard then the Hobo's may have a deed manager by the end of play.

I canny see his ticker lasting out much longer the way he leaps around the touchline like a salmon.

Miller Jambo 60
A couple of weeks ago I sent an email to the SFA and CC'd it to UEFA regarding Brines, as I know a few others on here did... This was the less than satisfactory response. (Follows the mail I sent) Did anyone else receive a response?

MY mail...

"The unfair treetment of Hearts FC, by the SFA.Friday, 2 January, 2009 2:44 PM

To: [email protected]: [email protected]

Dear Sirs,

I feel that I am obligated to send a copy of this to UEFA since no action is being taken by our own governing body.

I am writing this email to you in order to voice my concerns relating to the actions of Ian Brines at Pittodrie last weekend when he was placed in charge of officiating the match between Aberdeen and Hearts. It is bad enough that Marius Zaliukas was sent off for a crime he did not commit in the first place but for the referee, who got the incident so badly wrong to then be allowed to reject the subsequent appeal is mind boggling.

I have watched the video replay a number of times now and every time I do I just become more and more furious that this man has not been called to task for his blatant cheating. The Aberdeen player Lee Miller is seen jerking his head towards Marius Zaliukas and making contact with him, and yet when the incident is cited for review in the wake of Marius' red card, somehow Mr Brines has seen fit to not accept that he has got it wrong and has dismissed the appeal.

Why has this outcome been allowed to stand and why has Mr Brines not been asked to explain his frankly disturbing and seemingly sinister actions? there is a feeling now amongst the thousands of Hearts fans (including myself) who pay good money to watch our club enter these tournaments in good faith, that there is a vendetta against our club and that we are not treated in the same manner as the other member clubs of the SPL.

I am currently looking into complaining to a third party on this matter, in the hope that an independant source can launch an investigation into the strange and increasingly frequent bad decisions that are going the way of our club. I see no reason why this would not be deemed as fraud, we pay our membership of the club like everybody else and yet we are not allowed to compete on a level playing field. The decisions that are going against our team are starting to resemble an agenda outwith the supposed fair governance that it is your association's duty to provide to all the Scottish clubs in EQUAL measure.

I look forward to a reply to this email but not as much as I do the replies from the other parties I am contacting about this issue... I rather cynicaly expect that this appeal will fall on as deaf a pair of ears and ones that were there to listen to Marius' complaint.

Yours sincerely,

Reply...

"Thank you for your recent e-mail in connection with the Claim of Wrongful Dismissal submitted by Heart of Midlothian FC in respect of the sending off of its player Marius Zaliukas having been dismissed.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding. This is due to our offices re-opening only yesterday after the festive holidays.

The views you express and comments you make regarding this matter have been noted.

Our Chief Executive, Gordon Smith, would wish to advise you that the SFA's Disciplinary Procedures are reviewed annually by a Working Group comprising representatives from a cross-section of the game. Clubs are also able to raise any issues relating to the function of the Procedures for consideration by the Working Group. The provisions for dealing with Claims of Wrongful Dismissal will be therefore be reviewed at the end of the season as a matter of course.

Thank you for taking the time to write to the Association.

Kind regards,

Disciplinary Department

Scottish FA

Tel: +44 141 616 6018

Fax: +44 141 616 6001

Played Bud thought it was only me that went off on one:tongue:

The thing is, there's really nothing else that the powers that aren't could say. I mean, a reply along the lines of "it's a fair cop guv - you've got us bang to rights and no mistake" would be lovely, but it ain't going to happen. Quietly removing Brines from the FIFA list and changing the appeals procedures at the end of the season is all that can be done.

Good stuff Mothy.

That automated e-mail response is the same one i received.

Interesting to note that Gordon Smith has publicly called for a revamp of the appeals process.

I read yesterday on here that Brines is in charge of the Hobo's against St Midden this weekend and if Brines performs up to his usual standard then the Hobo's may have a deed manager by the end of play.

I canny see his ticker lasting out much longer the way he leaps around the touchline like a salmon.

Don't you mean like a brown trout? :108years:

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Don't you mean like a brown trout? :108years:

No......

Fat lumps of lard use pesh analogy's like "Brown Trout".

I use colourful sensible,clever analogy's like "salmon".

No......

Fat lumps of lard use pesh analogy's like "Brown Trout".

I use colourful sensible,clever analogy's like "salmon".

yes but the salmon is a far more magnificent fish then the humble, dumpy little brown trout.

christophe berra.... rises like a majestic salmon.

mixu.... a horrible fat brown trout.

Hackney Hearts
yes but the salmon is a far more magnificent fish then the humble, dumpy little brown trout.

Dumpy? I won't stand for this.

The brown trout may be smaller (usually), but it is has beautiful and infinitely varied markings. The term 'brown' really does it no favours - indeed it is far more attractive than the rainbow trout.

Size isn't everything, you know.

The brown trout may be smaller (usually), but it is has beautiful and infinitely varied markings. The term 'brown' really does it no favours - indeed it is far more attractive than the rainbow trout.

fair enough, apologies to you and any other trout enthusiasts.

mixu is more of a giant mutant piranha.

That disciplinary number is prime for a prank...

Any one fancy calling it pretending to be Mixu... just rant about brown trouts and your head looking like a potato!

And it tastes better!!!

Lets see if Smiffy actually takes this seriously.

We've had two 'acceptable' refereeing performances in our last two matches but let's not take our eye of the ball yet

As regards Brines. I reckon he's maybe one high profile ****up away from an 'early bath' :tongue:

Archived