hobo work mates/ excuses

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

This was told to me this morning from a hobo work colleague about yesterdays win,"Aye if Fletch had not been sent off we would have won because we were at home and had the fans right behind us". :108years: Yip, he said that with a straight face and seemed to think it mattered to me as i rightly reminded him that Fletchy boy deserved to be red carded and Why did he fail to score when clean through ,was it because he is fecking over rated , maybe.He walked away from a chorus of "1902, 1902, you"ve no won the cup since 1902", from me and a few jambos who were eagerly listening and waiting for his excuses.:108years:

Anyone else had their jaw dropped in bewilderment from hobo work mates excuses.:D

Anyone else had their jaw dropped in bewilderment from hobo work mates excuses.:D

If the people in question are in proper employment - ie a full time job that doesn't involve dealing drugs or pimping - then it goes without saying that they cannot be true hobos.

willie wallace

To be fair none of them at my work even mentioned the sending off.They said a lot about Mixu and Riordan and basically admitted they are a poor side.Of course they say it was a dire game between two bad teams but you always sat that when you lose.

This was told to me this morning from a hobo work colleague about yesterdays win,"Aye if Fletch had not been sent off we would have won because we were at home and had the fans right behind us". :108years: Yip, he said that with a straight face and seemed to think it mattered to me as i rightly reminded him that Fletchy boy deserved to be red carded and Why did he fail to score when clean through ,was it because he is fecking over rated , maybe.He walked away from a chorus of "1902, 1902, you"ve no won the cup since 1902", from me and a few jambos who were eagerly listening and waiting for his excuses.:108years:

believe it or not but i had the exact same.. "we would have won if fletcher stayed on,we were the better side before he got sent off:laugh::108years:

maroonlegions
If the people in question are in proper employment - ie a full time job that doesn't involve dealing drugs or pimping - then it goes without saying that they cannot be true hobos.

I do see your point but the point of this thread is not to ponder on the fine trimmings of the true stature and prominence of what constitutes a bona fide hobo.:rolleyes::D:D

Aye most folk I ken who are hobo's admitted they were gash yestarday and deserved to lose. But where do they get that they were the better team before the sending off? In my opinion (trying to NOT be biased, however hard that may be) I thought that it was pretty even before the red card was shown. Oh well.......:D

brellierlegend

What tune is that sung too? Really quite fancy singing to a slimy hibee bassa I know.

To be fair none of them at my work even mentioned the sending off.They said a lot about Mixu and Riordan and basically admitted they are a poor side.Of course they say it was a dire game between two bad teams but you always sat that when you lose.

They must say that quite a lot then . . .:108years::108years::108years:

vladtheexhaler

The noise from their packed stands was incredible right enough. Must have really got the team going.

From Hibs.net, regarding the empty seats in the home end:

Joe Baker II

Testimonial Due

joe_baker.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogse viewpost.gif

I wonder how many people wanted tickets but could not get them due to the database system?

Do you think that effected the attendance? If so, whos fault, the fans or the club?

Would have thought that had database system not been in place, yesterday would (admittedly only just) have sold out, as frazerbob says this certainly can make a difference (and failute to sell out games tha tnormally would also has negative longer term impact). I agree with a lot of Blackpool's sentiments but think he has got the view a full house makes no difference wrong.

northfieldhearts
The noise from their packed stands was incredible right enough. Must have really got the team going.

i'm sure the announcer made more noise than the 3 other stands combined!!

I got the old "referee ruined the game" - 12 men against 11 etc.

so did I. "but its was the never a red card, but from the refs angle you can understand why he walked" :rolleyes:

vladtheexhaler
i'm sure the announcer made more noise than the 3 other stands combined!!

In his hideous effeminate voice.

maroonlegions
From Hibs.net, regarding the empty seats in the home end:

Joe Baker II

Testimonial Due

joe_baker.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogse viewpost.gif

I wonder how many people wanted tickets but could not get them due to the database system?

Do you think that effected the attendance? If so, whos fault, the fans or the club?

Would have thought that had database system not been in place, yesterday would (admittedly only just) have sold out, as frazerbob says this certainly can make a difference (and failute to sell out games tha tnormally would also has negative longer term impact). I agree with a lot of Blackpool's sentiments but think he has got the view a full house makes no difference wrong.

Right that has to be the fecking biggest, scrapping of the bottom of the barrel excuse i have heard from them, fecking deluded planks.:108years::108years:

When we were at Easter Road earlier in the season, I thought it was a female stadium announcer. There was me thinking they were all modern and stuff, but apparently not... :biggrin:

blondejamtart

That "Hobo book of excuses as to why we lost" must be getting bigger by the day - must be several times the size of War and Peace by now, I'd have thought! :whistling:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I interviewed a fella requiring a job a few years back and was just about to offer him the position when the conversation got round to football and in his wisdom he told me he was a Hobo.

My impression of the fella changed immediately and i ushered him out of my office pronto and called in the fumigators forthwith.

I really cant understand when folks on here talk about working with them.

Its just not right.

:108years:

Prince Buaben
Aye most folk I ken who are hobo's admitted they were gash yestarday and deserved to lose. But where do they get that they were the better team before the sending off? In my opinion (trying to NOT be biased, however hard that may be) I thought that it was pretty even before the red card was shown. Oh well.......:D

I've had

" Ref's a Jambo"

"Romanov paid the Ref"

"we would have with Fletcher"

" Dont care if we cant sell out the game"

" Dont care about 1902"

northfieldhearts

he is brilliant! "Remember Nick Colgans save 10 years ago"!! You are all the twelfth man - sorry make that the 11th man!!

Sent an e-mail to a guy at the work headed Fulhams new ?3.5M signing and attached a picture of a brown trout.

he didnae get the joke :mad:

Its just no the same when you've got to explain these things

Guest jambomickey

couldn't have put it better myelf.

winston churchill

i got the usual.

we wiz the better team before the sending off.

even with ten men we wiz still playing proper fitbaw.

now maybe it's just me,but i am sure i posted on the match thread that they hoofed six super hoofs towards the giraffe.

i have had no luck in getting any replies from the ones i know just stunned silence.:108years:

Talking to a Hibee mate of mine post-match, and he revealed these pearls of wisdom:

Berra should've been booked for diving.

Nade is ****e.

Szamatulski is a great 'keeper.

Hearts didn't deserve to win 2-0; a draw was a fair result.

Only one team looked like scoring and that was Hibs. (Honest to ****ing God, KB; trying to point out that it was, indeed, Hearts who scored twice was met with an 'aye, but you ken what I mean'.)

The Hearts fans were silent all game and hardly made a noise when we scored the first. The Hibs fans were noisier.

The ref should be sacked.

Apparently Hibs should've had a penalty.

when was that? the same game or a previous one?

or one in the future when they bottle it again??

:laugh:

i've not stopped laughing all day!

when was that? the same game or a previous one?

or one in the future when they bottle it again??

:laugh:

i've not stopped laughing all day!

I'm, not kidding, Beverley; the boy was genuine and sober.

Talking to a Hibee mate of mine post-match, and he revealed these pearls of wisdom:

Nade is ****e.

Only one team looked like scoring and that was Hibs. (Honest to ****ing God, KB; trying to point out that it was, indeed, Hearts who scored twice was met with an 'aye, but you ken what I mean'.)

The Hearts fans were silent all game and hardly made a noise when we scored the first. The Hibs fans were noisier.

WTF Thanks mate i just spat my tea all over the dam computer screen when i read that. i would suggest your contact is on some sort of deranged rant.:108years:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TNz9wEtnBLQ

One of the muppets in the Evening News said, "1-0 to the eleven men and the referee".

Must have left early.

Why would he have done that?

Work was fantastic today, walked into the canteen and 4 hobos got up and left before i even said good morning. The smile on my face must have been enough for them. :108years: Later on i got the same tired old excuses,

Not at work until tomorrow night but can't wait as there is only about 3 of us Jambos compared to about 20 odd Hibs fans.

Not at work until tomorrow night but can't wait as there is only about 3 of us Jambos compared to about 20 odd Hibs fans.

where do u work Easter Road ?.....im in my 40s ive worked in a few places over the years and everywhere ive worked the there has always been a much higher percentage of Jambos compared to Hibbys, id say a 4:1 ratio....even at High School it was 10:1 jambos to hibbys , mind you i went to Tynecastle HS

Leave them alone folks. You don't understand. If that bad man in the black top hadn't sent off ?10m rated saviour of Scottish football then the Hibernians would have gone on to easily win a game they were dominating up until that point. Their domination was best evidenced by their one dribble on goal but at least they were backed by a capacity crowd.

Er, wait a minute......!

Asked my boss if he enjoyed the game yesterday.got a quick "no" as an answer,I asked why he didnt watch it and his reply was

" whats the point,were never gonna win in anyway!"

They are learning,:108years:

i find myself in the wonderful position of working beside no hobos, none whatsoever. i am free of the day-in-day-out nonsensical jabberings one would normally expect to hear from a breed of people who wouldn't know a football from a foot spa.

i do hanker after a hobo colleague or two to abuse mercilessly after a day such as yesterday. i had to content myself with laughing myself into a coma every time a remembered the post-match gibberish uttered by fatso mixu.

Don't work alongside any, but got the "couldn't get a ticket" excuse from one I occasionally speak to on the phone when asked if he was there.

What time do you start/

Can i have a 'Big Mac' and fries.

sorry mate but community service is not a real job......:108years::108years:

I interviewed a fella requiring a job a few years back and was just about to offer him the position when the conversation got round to football and in his wisdom he told me he was a Hobo.

My impression of the fella changed immediately and i ushered him out of my office pronto and called in the fumigators forthwith.

Its just not right.

Superb!

Its just not right.

Equal opportunities is all good and well, but there are limits.

I used to have a work colleague (a blue-nose admittedly) who could smell a candidate's persuasion from their CV. Never a Patrick, Aloysius, Joseph, Cornelius or Kevin would get near the short list for an interview. And especially so if they were combined in any combination thereof.

And if my old mate C.P.A. McCann happens to read this; you now know why you probably never got those jobs.

Well, it's not an excuse, just some email banter, but thought i would share:-

Me - It’s 107 in a rowwwwwwww

That is all

Him - its a micky mouse cup anyway!

Me - Even Mickey Mouse hasn't seen you guys lift the cup.

Him - in the words of uncle jack, master of quick wit & repartie, away & **** o**

Don't you just love it when they bite

Nade is ****e.

Haha brilliant Neave mate, it's mental what excuses they actually come out with eh? :D

There is a chinese takeaway in portobello called the 108(honestly) i txt a mate in my work to ask if he would recommend it for a celebratory chinese.

No reply was forthcoming.

DuffJimmy1875

All fairly ****ty excuses IMO. Even with 11 men it was hardly as if Balogh was overworked, or indeed worked at all. The way it panned out, being down to 10 men was hardly helpful, but it doesn't matter if you've got 10,11 or 200 men on the park, if your "style" of play doesn't utilise any of them to their strengths, and your manager leaves the 2 semi-creative players you have on the bench all game, you're going to create feck all.

Exhibit a) Us on SUnday :mad:

maroonlegions
All fairly ****ty excuses IMO. Even with 11 men it was hardly as if Balogh was overworked, or indeed worked at all. The way it panned out, being down to 10 men was hardly helpful, but it doesn't matter if you've got 10,11 or 200 men on the park, if your "style" of play doesn't utilise any of them to their strengths, and your manager leaves the 2 semi-creative players you have on the bench all game, you're going to create feck all.

Exhibit a) Us on SUnday :mad:

And all the other Sundays,Saturdays and mid week games in the big cup since 1902.:108years:

Drylaw Hearts

One of the Hobo's I 'work' with had the cheek to tell me he didn't actually care we beat them.

Now considering he spent all day on Friday informing me exactly what his team were going to do to mine I found his statement a little strange.

When I reminded him of our pre-weekend chat he promptly told me to ****** off.

Small Club and a small Support with really small brains.

Archived