YaYa Toure

cosanostra

Man City have apparently offered Barca ?24m for him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/4139885/Manchester-City-table-24m-bid-for-Yaya-Toure.html

He may look a bit like Lenny Henry but I reckon this guy is one of the best players on the planet. He's the complete midfielder and he's built like a brick wall. He has the passing ability of Viera and the aggression and power of Essien. He's also still only 25 and was man of the match when Barca whopped Real Madrid a couple of weeks ago.

I can't imagine Barca letting him go for 24m, after all, why would they? It's not like they need the money and he'd leave a gaping hole in their midfield. Also, why would he want to leave Barca for Man City?

I reckon Man city would probably have to double their bid and pay him whatever they are paying Robinho and then some.

Would be cool to see one of my favourite players kicking it in the prem but I just can't see it happening at this stage of the guys career.

Man City have apparently offered Barca ?24m for him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/4139885/Manchester-City-table-24m-bid-for-Yaya-Toure.html

He may look a bit like Lenny Henry but I reckon this guy is one of the best players on the planet. He's the complete midfielder and he's built like a brick wall. He has the passing ability of Viera and the aggression and power of Essien. He's also still only 25 and was man of the match when Barca whopped Real Madrid a couple of weeks ago.

I can't imagine Barca letting him go for 24m, after all, why would they? It's not like they need the money and he'd leave a gaping hole in their midfield. Also, why would he want to leave Barca for Man City?

I reckon Man city would probably have to double their bid and pay him whatever they are paying Robinho and then some.

Would be cool to see one of my favourite players kicking it in the prem but I just can't see it happening at this stage of the guys career.

He's a great player and scored a very nice goal on Saturday for Barca.

Can't Imagine they'd want to part with him although there is alot of competition for position in the Barca team I'd imagine he's at the top of the pack for a start most weeks

He's a great player and scored a very nice goal on Saturday for Barca.

Can't Imagine they'd want to part with him although there is alot of competition for position in the Barca team I'd imagine he's at the top of the pack for a start most weeks

That was indeed a brilliant goal.

For a guy of his size, he's got tremendous close control and quick feet.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Agree with all your points Cosa.

What a signing it will be if they pull it off though!

I suspect Barca see there future midfield as Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets at the moment. Dont be surprised when they use the money from City to try and pinch Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal. They love him in Barcelona.

I suspect Barca see there future midfield as Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets at the moment. Dont be surprised when they use the money from City to try and pinch Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal. They love him in Barcelona.

Could be true. I guess it depends if they play 1 or 2 strikers from Henry, Eto'o, Bojan and Gudjohnson. They also quite regularly play Gudjohnson in the hole or on the opposite wing from Messi.

Iniesta and Xavi are both awesome players but i'd rather have Toure than Busquets.

Iniesta and Xavi are both awesome players but i'd rather have Toure than Busquets.

As would I, as Toure appears to be the finished article, but you can never underestimate the desire of Barca fans to see local lads playing for the BlauGrana.

Busquets being the son of their ex Goalie also helps.

As would I, as Toure appears to be the finished article, but you can never underestimate the desire of Barca fans to see local lads playing for the BlauGrana.

You're spot on with your point re local guys.

I went to the recent Barca v Real game and the fans i spoke to absolutely worship Xavi and Iniesta and the rest of the guys who came through their youth system.

And I would be pretty sure he'd love to be in Barcelona too

And I would be pretty sure he'd love to be in Barcelona too

He's from my Dads home town just north of Barcelona, which is fiercely Catalan. Half the town love him as the golden boy, the other half hate him for playing for Spain.

I suspect all will be forgiven the day he scores against Madrid at the Camp Nou.

You're spot on with your point re local guys.

I went to the recent Barca v Real game and the fans i spoke to absolutely worship Xavi and Iniesta and the rest of the guys who came through their youth system.

If only our fans were the same.

And that our youth players were as good as Xavi and Iniesta :laugh:

If only our fans were the same.

And that our youth players were as good as Xavi and Iniesta :laugh:

Clum will come good :tongue:

jamboinglasgow

It is quite admirable that they have this. The fans love a local boy playing and barca develop the best players from it. I am sure that I am correct in thinking that the Barca system are unlike the Arsenal one i.e. Arsenal bring in top youth talent later in the system who have been developed at other clubs but Barca bring them in at a young age so they can go through the system.

Something that is interesting is how many local Barca players that have come through the ranks get sold after playing a few seasons at top level? I think its quite rare.

Archived