Killen too good for Hearts, would prefer EPL move

Ryan Gosling

The Future's Maroon

I just read that and chuckled....what a belter....plays one game for Celtic this season (back in August) and all of a sudden thinks he can get a move to the EPL?

Can I have a cup of what he's drinking!

alwaysthereinspirit
I just read that and chuckled....what a belter....plays one game for Celtic this season (back in August) and all of a sudden thinks he can get a move to the EPL?

Can I have a cup of what he's drinking!

The best part of the story is that he "started" his career with Man City. How many games did he actually start and how quick was he found out as being only #obo class. Celtic will probably want millions for him now that he's worn the famous green and dirty white hoops.

I think Celtic would probably accept quite a low bid, probably less than 500k.

He's virtually never played for them and i'd imagine they'd like to get him off the wage bill and out of their treatment room.

If he seriously thinks any premiership team will sign him, he's mental.

Some mid-table championship club is about the best he can maybe hope for.

Nelly Terraces

Can see Fergie, Benitez, Wenger and Scolari waiting to pounce for this top class striker!:mw_rolleyes:

Jeezuz wept. Talk about having too big an opinion of yourself. Bloke must be on drugs.

A two-bob player who'd also get injured if he was playing subbuteo.

I think Celtic would probably accept quite a low bid, probably less than 500k.

He's virtually never played for them and i'd imagine they'd like to get him off the wage bill and out of their treatment room.

If he seriously thinks any premiership team will sign him, he's mental.

Some mid-table championship club is about the best he can maybe hope for.

That is still quite a lot for us. I would definately take him. He proved at Hibs he can score goals and I would put him in the "like Nade but with goals category".

Seymour M Hersh
What a strange, deluded man.

Why's anyone surprised at his delusion? He was a hobo ffs!:107years:

I don't blame the guy for being ambitious, but given that he can't make the Celtic team, and there is zero interest from the EPL for any of their strikers, he's not looking too clever.

He needs to play games, and right now, Hearts look like a better route into the Premiership for players than Celtic, given the number of scouts watching all of our games.

jamboinglasgow

well to be fair, you should see some of those physio rooms in the EPL, talk about luxary, we cant compete with our physio room unless we had topless female physios, that is only way he would come to us.:mw_rolleyes:

it doesnt say he is too good for hearts but he is basically turning us down thinking he can go down south and get regular footbal

it doesnt say he is too good for hearts but he is basically turning us down thinking he can go down south and get regular footbal

Have we even made a move for him ? How can he turn us down without us trying to buy him ?

He is simply saying he(like every other player) wants play in the EPL, wow shock horror at that one. :rolleyes:

Hackney Hearts

He's says he'd rather play in the EPL. I think the entire Hearts squad might say that, if asked.

It's like asking if you'd like to win the lottery.

$ilvery_Moon

He played 3 games for City and didn't score. He also had a distinctly average goalscoring record in League 1 for Oldham. He's had 1 good season at Hibs and has known injury problems. If he thinks he's going to join an EPL club he is SERIOUSLY kidding himself. He could for all we know be a one season wonder. I don't want him anywhere near Tynecastle.

That is still quite a lot for us. I would definately take him. He proved at Hibs he can score goals and I would put him in the "like Nade but with goals category".

He proved at Hibs, Celtic and wherever else he has been that he is constantly injured.

He played 3 games for City and didn't score. He also had a distinctly average goalscoring record in League 1 for Oldham. He's had 1 good season at Hibs and has known injury problems. If he thinks he's going to join an EPL club he is SERIOUSLY kidding himself. He could for all we know be a one season wonder. I don't want him anywhere near Tynecastle.

When he was at City he was played as a left winger, his injury was caused by Danny Tiatto who nailed him in an Australia NZ international. At the time both were vying for the LM spot in the first XI.

Read it 3 times now where does he say he is too good for hearts ?

I read it 4 times and I couldn't see it either.

He does not say he would rather not go to Hearts and he'd rather go to the EPL, the writer does.

I take from the article that he has said what any player would say - 'I'd love to play in the Premiership', bog standard reply. Thats very different from the title of this thread.

Surrey Jambo

From a Celtic message board (I know, wash my hands etc...) The italics are mine. Don't think he's what we need and am sure he has no chance of an EPL transfer. Maybe somewhere like Doncaster.

Celtic striker Chris Killen wants to leave the club in order to play regular first-team football in the EPL (stop laughing at the back there!).

Chris Killen, the perpetually injured former Hibee has played just once for the Hoops this season and has only just returned to training following a knee injury which saw him back on sick pay for another three months and yet he's setting his sights on a move to England's top tier.

Hearts, if the rumours are true, are said to be interested in taking the big forward to Tynecastle during the January window but Killen doesn't fancy switching to Gorgie "I'd be interested in moving away. I just want to play football, all the boys at the club are the same. When you're not playing, you're not happy so there comes a time when you need to look forward - whether it's a loan or moving on permanently. I'd like to go back to the Premiership. I think everybody wants to play there. That's the level you need to aspire to but, at the moment, I need to work hard to get back in the Celtic side."

No, I didn't get the 'get back in the Celtic side' bit either. Killen continued "Everybody knows how tough it is at a club like Celtic. We have the biggest squad in the league and the best players so it's a tall order to get a starting position and nail it down. When we look at the players we have on the bench sometimes it shows how tough it is. But things can change so quickly. One week you may not be involved then the next you might be starting. I just need to keep working hard, focusing and taking my chance when it comes."

Killen, from the Wellington suburb of Island Bay, joined Manchester City's youth academy as a seventeen year old in 1999. Loans to Wrexham and Port Vale preceded a permanent move to Oldham Athletic in July 2002 for ?250,000. He remained with Oldham for three and a half years before they released him on a free transfer.

He joined Hibernian In January 2006 and scored on his debut in a 3-0 defeat of Rangers in a Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox and against Livingston four days later but despite this great start he only managed a total of five goals for the season. In the next season the Hibs fans expected the big New Zealander to step up to the plate following the departure of strikers Garry O'Connor and Derek Riordan and by December he had scored 11 goals including an impressive brace in a 2-1 win over Rangers. Unfortunately Killen suffered a ruptured achilles which ended his season in January.

He arrived at Celtic on a free transfer in May 2007 and signed a three year contract with the club. Since making his debut in October 2007, coming off the bench in a 0-0 draw against Kilmarnock at Celtic Park, Killen has scored one competitive goal for the club - and a very important goal it was - an 89th minute equaliser against Gretna last October. But it's been slim pickings since then for the big Kiwi.

Killen's career has just never got off the ground at Celtic - actually his career has stalled just about everywhere he's ever been - and really the big striker has to look at himself. This was an unexpected chance at the big time for a player who had only ever shown potential in fits and starts at lower level clubs. Maybe there were mitigating circumstances such as the form of incumbent strikers Scott McDonald and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink last season and injuries at critical times but his decision to travel to the Beijing Olympics at such a crucial point in his career did him no favours at all.

Archived