Abolish the monarchy! Now!

topcat

I've never been a great fan of the monarchy but I've generally accepted that the constitutional upheavals involved in replacing them would be more trouble than they were worth however I find myself drawn into a far more openly republican* position as yet another scandal engulfs this country

Another New Year, another honours list and our right back is still plain Mister Robbie Neilson. What kind of country are we living in where George Foulkes is enobled and Robbie "The peoples Right Back" Neilson isn't.

A knighthood for services to throw ins at least is surely in order though Lord Neilson of Section G has a ring to it as well.

* with a small "r" as opposed to the Gerry Adams/George Bush type

The People's Chimp
I've never been a great fan of the monarchy but I've generally accepted that the constitutional upheavals involved in replacing them would be more trouble than they were worth however I find myself drawn into a far more openly republican* position as yet another scandal engulfs this country

Another New Year, another honours list and our right back is still plain Mister Robbie Neilson. What kind of country are we living in where George Foulkes is enobled and Robbie "The peoples Right Back" Neilson isn't.

A knighthood for services to throw ins at least is surely in order though Lord Neilson of Section G has a ring to it as well.

* with a small "r" as opposed to the Gerry Adams/George Bush type

At the very least the honour of "Commander of the British Empire" is in order.

3 gold medals is nothing compared to a cup final saving tackle and a penalty during shoot outs. Plus memorable performances in Bordeaux and Basle.

Governor Tarkin
At the very least the honour of "Commander of the British Empire" is in order.

Amen to that

Archived