Am I seeing things (NHC)?

Geoff Kilpatrick

has made me question whether we can justifiably keep the mantle of best support in the world.

What a pompous ass that author is...although he does mention some home truths.

shaun.lawson
What a pompous ass that author is...although he does mention some home truths.

He has to play to his audience a bit, Boris! I think it's a fine and quite a brave piece: he's right about pretty much everything.

The boy will probably get lynched

Doubt it. How many sellick fans do you think read the Times?

And yes, I realise the last two words in that question are somewhat superfluous.

Commander Harris

And yes, I realise the last two words in that question are somewhat superfluous.

:laugh:

I think it's fake.

I've spoken to Celtic fans who bemoan the lack of atmosphere at their home games, but they attach the blame for this squarely at the feet of " new fans ".

The rest of the article's concerns wouldn't be shared with the Celtic supporters I know.

I.J. scores again. :laugh:

I think it's fake.

I've spoken to Celtic fans who bemoan the lack of atmosphere at their home games, but they attach the blame for this squarely at the feet of " new fans ".

The rest of the article's concerns wouldn't be shared with the Celtic supporters I know.

Read in conjunction with the statements today from both Hearts and Hibs and you have to wonder if supporters at all clubs don?t require a wee look in the mirror.

A bit more humour and a bit less nastiness is all that is needed.

He has to play to his audience a bit, Boris! I think it's a fine and quite a brave piece: he's right about pretty much everything.

My point is that the vileness he refers to has always been there with the Celtic support, not just at away games.

Some airbrushing of history i think, and the bit i quoted was extremely pompous i.e. he actually believed they WERE TGFINTW

shaun.lawson
My point is that the vileness he refers to has always been there with the Celtic support, not just at away games.

Some airbrushing of history i think, and the bit i quoted was extremely pompous i.e. he actually believed they WERE TGFINTW

Which set of supporters anywhere doesn't believe that they're great? And what fan anywhere would contribute to a national newspaper blog and acknowledge that actually, his fellow supporters are ****ing ****e?

Which set of supporters anywhere doesn't believe that they're great? And what fan anywhere would contribute to a national newspaper blog and acknowledge that actually, his fellow supporters are ****ing ****e?

Methinks he believes that they are/were though! They are that arrogant and deluded.

With respect, you (luckily) will not come onto too much contact with them down your way, but in the paddling pool of Scotland, these eedjits fancy themselves as big fish on a global scale. UEFA say some patronising words to the gallant losers and all of a sudden everyone loves them. The thread a few months ago about how people in the RoI couldn't care about them speaks volumes.

The Aberdeen boy (Keith Wyness who went to Everton?) who described the OF as a couple of tarts was spot on.

Hats off to the guy for actually writing what is not a bad article with some hard hitting home truths.

However I don't understand why he discriminates between home and away supporters when it comes to the singing of songs in support of a terrorist organisation.

I always thought when these ****bags come to town that they are ST holders at Sellick park ie away fans = home ?

Or maybe there is an ############ of Sellick fans who only get wheeled out for 'away' games and who shame the club ?

BobbyJenkins
Methinks he believes that they are/were though! They are that arrogant and deluded.

With respect, you (luckily) will not come onto too much contact with them down your way, but in the paddling pool of Scotland, these eedjits fancy themselves as big fish on a global scale. UEFA say some patronising words to the gallant losers and all of a sudden everyone loves them. The thread a few months ago about how people in the RoI couldn't care about them speaks volumes.

The Aberdeen boy (Keith Wyness who went to Everton?) who described the OF as a couple of tarts was spot on.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Old-Firm-split-over-future.2320958.jp

Youre right Boris he was absolutely spot on! I hadnt read that before.

shaun.lawson

I know they do, mate! It doesn't help when UEFA actually encourage them in such delusions, though. And again: you won't find many fans out there disagreeing were their club to receive such an award, as Dundee United did in 1987, for example. Heck - look at the way many on here close ranks when others question whether we do actually have 400,000 fans! :)

Archived