Weather on Wed

Its been a long time baby

Its been a long time baby

Its going to a cold one in the next few days, frozen pitch at FP? Game could well be off again!

Its going to a cold one in the next few days, frozen pitch at FP? Game could well be off again!

but they've got undersoil heating ! .... haven't they ?

anyway, I aint going.... got a refund for the first fiasco !

Dirk Diggler

One things for sure, It'll be colder this week than the week the game should have went ahead.

Somehow, I think they'll manage to make sure the match takes place.

Was just saying the same. It's absolutely baltic tonight. If there is 48 hours of cold weather there is no chance Fir Park will be playable. I saw the highlights of the M'well v ICT game last week and the pitch was white at the end of the game (4.50pm). Imagine what it will be like at 9.30pm :mad:

Having said all that I'll be happy from a footballing perspective if it's off as we should never have arranged it between the two Hibs games.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm hoping that it's colder than it was for the first match and it goes ahead, it would show that cheating shower of *******s up for what they really are!

We would have murdered them when it was supposed to take place first time around!

Cappuccino Kid
If the game gets postponed again then they should burn down Motherwell.

Would any one notice?

Just back from playing 5s outside and it was like a feckin skating rink............

Hope the game does go ahead tho as I can make it along now as it is a cash gate, couldnt make the original date.

The Old Tolbooth
Just back from playing 5s outside and it was like a feckin skating rink............

Hope the game does go ahead tho as I can make it along now as it is a cash gate, couldnt make the original date.

Is it really a cash gate mate?

I was gonna nip into the TO tomorrow for mine, or at least Linda was :P

Nelly Terraces
They should burn it down anyway.

Indeed. Place would be improved by razing it to the ground.

Whoever at Hearts agreed to playing that shower on Wed night before we take on the vermin needs their head examined though.

Whoever at Hearts agreed to playing that shower on Wed night before we take on the vermin needs their head examined though.

I doubt they would have been given a choice.

Motherwell have a history of pitch problems and part of me hopes it is postponed tomorrow so there is really no excuse for them not to get hammered. Maybe then Boyle will get the criticism he deserves as a businessman with at least two failed businesses, three if you include Motherwell.

Thing is, if the game is off, may be a no bad thing. Less chance of injuries or someone sent off for some trumped up violent conduct charge, which makes you miss the cup tie.

Sunday is our biggest game in recent times - by a long way!!!!

I HOPE IT IS CALLED OFF !

Would give us some time for injuries and maybe a striker or 2 to come in this month.

Would give us some time for injuries and maybe a striker or 2 to come in this month.

Good shout

The Old Tolbooth

If it's called off, does that mean that Zaliukas would be suspended for Sunday?

Exactly , i hope it is cancelled.

If it's called off, does that mean that Zaliukas would be suspended for Sunday?

I have brought this up on a previous thread and was told that the red cards dished out in the league did not count in the cup. But have since read by other posters that they do count?

Can anyone confirm who we would have available for the cup should the well game be cancelled.

I have brought this up on a previous thread and was told that the red cards dished out in the league did not count in the cup. But have since read by other posters that they do count?

Can anyone confirm who we would have available for the cup should the well game be cancelled.

TTBOMK ...........a straight red ( eg. last man offence ) or two yellows = red will get you an immediate 1 match ban - so you will miss the very next match, IN THAT COMPETITION ONLY.

However, a red for violent conduct ( and I think it's only VC ) will get you an immediate I match ban from any 'domestic' match WHATEVER IT IS - League / LC / SCP

The guys ( Wallace and Grommit ) have served their one match bans and any further bans, due to the extra penalty points collected, wont kick in till after 14 days or something like that .............and only apply to league games ?

Robbie is banned for one cup tie ( Hobos ) due to the yellows he picked up in the cup LAST year :mad:

alwaysthereinspirit

Game should never have been scheduled before a cup game anyway. Hope it is cancelled.

Every game bar the Spurs Semi-Final has now been postponed today. Musselburgh already binned tomorrow.

If any part of the undersoil heating is not working at Fir Park the game will surely be called off. Let's hope they make an early decision rather than fecking us about all day.

marshallschunkychicken

Plus it would have the added comedy bonus of Motherwell getting well and truly rogered by the SPL for the call-off.

Plus it would have the added comedy bonus of Motherwell getting well and truly rogered by the SPL for the call-off.

Exactly my friend:laugh:

I don't know what the temperature is right now but presuming it isn't already below zero, I'd be very surprised if it didn't fall to that level tonight. It's bloody freezing.

Despite much moaning about the cancellation the first time around, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it was to be postponed for a second time. I doubt that'll happen though, Motherwell are being closely watched when it comes to such things and I reckon they'll pull out the stops to make sure this game goes ahead.

I don't know what the temperature is right now but presuming it isn't already below zero, I'd be very surprised if it didn't fall to that level tonight. It's bloody freezing.

Despite much moaning about the cancellation the first time around, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it was to be postponed for a second time. I doubt that'll happen though, Motherwell are being closely watched when it comes to such things and I reckon they'll pull out the stops to make sure this game goes ahead.

Yep they are already in soapy bubble about the game being called off in the first place.

We might end up having a fixture pile up ourselves if it doesnt go ahead tomorrow night. If we draw on sunday that will be another midweek game we will.

The SFA will prob have us play on a tuesday and a thursday or something!! :tongue:

Drylaw Hearts

They've got some sort of dome over the pitch at the moment that is filled with hot air and according to MM this will be over the pitch until tomorrow afternoon.

(This was on SSN btw)

There is no danger the game will be off.

Im being told that its snowing in motherwell the now. So wrap up ladies and gents its gonna be a cold one!!

Boyle will probably be found trying to squeeze the dome in to his mouth in the middle of the night...... looks the type.

Archived