Danny Thomson

123kid

jamboinglasgow
Can anyone in the know shed some light on how his injury is going?

on another thread, someone said that he is running again but will be out for the rest of the season, they didn't say how long after that though.

on another thread, someone said that he is running again but will be out for the rest of the season, they didn't say how long after that though.

I would be very surprised if he was running already if the injury was as serious as suggested on here.

jamboinglasgow
I would be very surprised if he was running already if the injury was as serious as suggested on here.

exact words that were posted on the scott robinson thread

"Danny Thomson has just started running after his bad injury and will likely be out for most of the season"

could be it is not as serious as first thought. I would imagine it will be light running that is built up, considering he has already been out since August and presumably he had an operation that month, then three - four months before running seems feasable.

Thomson frustrated by head knock

Hearts defender Jason Thomson was absolutely gutted to have gone off injured in the first half of Saturday?s Edinburgh derby.

A clash with David van Zanten sent the 21-year-old crashing to the ground, but despite trying to play on Thomson eventually had to admit he could not continue.

?I haven?t seen it on television yet but I just remember going in to the challenge and then I think it was my head which hit the track,? he told the club's official website.

?I remember Jamie Mole asking how I was and out physio Rob treating me. I don?t know if it was the adrenaline or not but I actually felt okay and told Rob I was okay to go back on.

?After a few minutes though, I had a bit of blurred vision and had to signal to the bench that I couldn?t continue. I ended up watching the rest of the game from the physio?s room with an ice pack on my face- and I?ve got a rare black eye now.

?It was disappointing to get injured like that as I thought I?d been doing okay at left back. It was the first time I?ve played there for the first team but I enjoyed it."

He continued: ?It was a blow to go off as I?d been given my chance again with the suspensions we had. The guys will be back for Motherwell now so I?ll just have to wait for another opportunity.?

The last time i seen him at Riccarton he was still on crutches.

Can't remember who that was against but it was a proper dull yin he got so can't see him being quite at the running stage just yet.

When did he originally get injured?

If I recall if it was october and he had torn everyone of the knee ligaments?

If so I would be amazed if he could even walk a great distance without the aid of crutches already.

I really hope it doesnt wreck his development. Hes what 18 now?

I hope he uses this time to bulk up his upper body.

jamboinglasgow
When did he originally get injured?

If I recall if it was october and he had torn everyone of the knee ligaments?

If so I would be amazed if he could even walk a great distance without the aid of crutches already.

it was the 16th August , against Motherwell (just watched the highlights to check) he goes in for a ball with a motherwell player and goes right over his knee.

it was the 16th August , against Motherwell (just watched the highlights to check) he goes in for a ball with a motherwell player and goes right over his knee.

Well thats 5 months. So id be hoping the running thing is a bit true, maybe just walking.

Either way I wouldnt be expecting to see him this season.

Shame.

I really hope it doesnt wreck his development. Hes what 18 now?

I hope he uses this time to bulk up his upper body.

He'll be 16/17/18. My girlfriend used to copy his german homework.

Salvatore's Tash
Sounds promising but at the same time its a hell of a time in your development to miss an entire season and with that kind of injury theres a big chance or recurrence and reduced mobility after the operation.

Thats it - stay positive. :doh:

jamboinglasgow
Thats it - stay positive. :doh:

I agree, a season long injury doesn't nessecarly mean that his career and development will suffer, he had enough skill before the injury that when he recovers, as long as the coaches have kept his spirits and enthusism up he will be able to pick up from where he left.

I agree, a season long injury doesn't nessecarly mean that his career and development will suffer, he had enough skill before the injury that when he recovers, as long as the coaches have kept his spirits and enthusism up he will be able to pick up from where he left.

Absolutely true, just pointing out that its not an ideal time to get injured to that degree. The lad must be gutted, but again, some come out wanting it more knowing that it came so close to coming to an end.

Archived