Balogh

ring-of-fire

ring-of-fire

Couldnt see this anywhere else so sorry if its a double post but;

Have we signed this guy yet?? Last I heard we had untill the 3rd(ish) of jan to sign him on a permanent deal or he was getting recalled by his club! I'm almost postitive that the date for him to be signing or going has been and gone, so whats the latest? There has been the occasional Csaba comment on the clubs working to reach a deal - the interview when he bigged up Ridgers was the latest IIRC but no official word.

For what its worth I think that he started off a bit dodgy (bar his save v's the h**s when big zal landed him in it) but has really come on to his game; definatly worth a hundred and fifty K anyway!

FTH

Think he's been excellent the last few games and the club will do well if they can keep The Balogh, he looks more than capable from what I've seen.

Patrick Bateman

Balogh would be a snip at ?150k - Very capable goalkeeper.

heartsfc_fan
Balogh would be a snip at ?150k - Very capable goalkeeper.

If we can punt Kingston, that is 10 weeks worth of his wages...without the addition of win bonuses

We should sign Balogh, he hasn't put a foot wrong for weeks

Smoked-Glass

sign him, another good save on saturday. Nothing spectacular but a good bread and butter blocking save the kind that zibby struggles with.

Ray Winstone

They are probably waiting until we can move Kingston on for some cash before we can sign Black (in January) and perhaps the Balogh.

With the other gaps in the squad (and financial problems which have led to youth player foster families not being paid, players not paid, other people not paid), spending ?150k on the Balogh when according to the manager we have another 2 goalies of the same level as the Balogh, plus Stevie Banks, Anthony Basso and the new Craig Gordon all on the books is utterly ludicrous.

He's been okay for us though.

Ray Winstone
With the other gaps in the squad (and financial problems which have led to youth player foster families not being paid, players not paid, other people not paid), spending ?150k on the Balogh when according to the manager we have another 2 goalies of the same level as the Balogh, plus Stevie Banks, Anthony Basso and the new Craig Gordon all on the books is utterly ludicrous.

He's been okay for us though.

I would guess the club are looking to move Basso on in whatever form and Stevie Banks is not regarded as playin staff anymore.

3 Goalies of the same standard all pushing for the same position can only be a good thing. Perhaps if we were to spend ?150k on him it would disspell some of the apparent myths about or finances.

I would guess the club are looking to move Basso on in whatever form and Stevie Banks is not regarded as playin staff anymore.

3 Goalies of the same standard all pushing for the same position can only be a good thing. Perhaps if we were to spend ?150k on him it would disspell some of the apparent myths about or finances.

We have had 6 goalies in the first half of the season. And 1 first team left back. Unsurprisingly that left back has not been able to play all the games and has meant that midfielders/right backs have had to be converted to makeshift left backs.

We've also had one player able to play in the key position in the hole all season. A player who has just come back from 18 months out.

So 3 first team goalies plus Basso and Banks (either of whom could be emergency cover - and presumably who are both being paid) plus Ridgers the new Craig Gordon who last season was on the bench for the first team - is a bit too much of a luxury.

In addition I don't think it is a myth that there have been financial problems at the club. Spending another ?150k that the club doesn't have on a goalie of the same level as 2 of the other 5 at the club makes no sense whatsoever. Why not spend the ?150k the club doesn't have on a left back or a hole player?

Ray Winstone
We have had 6 goalies in the first half of the season. And 1 first team left back. Unsurprisingly that left back has not been able to play all the games and has meant that midfielders/right backs have had to be converted to makeshift left backs.

We've also had one player able to play in the key position in the hole all season. A player who has just come back from 18 months out.

So 3 first team goalies plus Basso and Banks (either of whom could be emergency cover - and presumably who are both being paid) plus Ridgers the new Craig Gordon who last season was on the bench for the first team - is a bit too much of a luxury.

In addition I don't think it is a myth that there have been financial problems at the club. Spending another ?150k that the club doesn't have on a goalie of the same level as 2 of the other 5 at the club makes no sense whatsoever. Why not spend the ?150k the club doesn't have on a left back or a hole player?

LOL!

anyway...I see your point and perhaps we will see what happens as January unfolds.

For what its worth I think we will sign Balogh.

January blues Coco? You seem a tad more negative than usual. Balogh is much better than Kello and McDonald IMHO, and it shouldn't be forgotten that Basso, McDonald and Kello only have contracts with Hearts till the end of this season. When you consider that Banks is now considered to be a coach, that would leave us with only Ridgers come June.

balogh would indeed be a bargain at ?150,000. he's no craig gordon but would surely be a player we could make a profit on if he continues to gain more experience and consistency.

there's no reason why he shouldn't.

Goose Baxter
If we can punt Kingston, that is 10 weeks worth of his wages...without the addition of win bonuses

We should sign Balogh, he hasn't put a foot wrong for weeks

I know we dont run the club and have not got much much off an idea how the business side off it works.

But how much sense does that make? Just over 2 months to pay the players fee but punting a high earner at the club.

then again it makes sense and seems too easy so it wont happen :laugh:

Francis Albert

Someone on here dismissed Balogh on the basis of a warm up performance before his first game. Well he was superb in the warm up on Saturday, saving a couple of truly unstoppable shots. Hibs didn't give him too much to do during the game. Easily worth ?150k.

Goose Baxter
Someone on here dismissed Balogh on the basis of a warm up performance before his first game. Well he was superb in the warm up on Saturday, saving a couple of truly unstoppable shots. Hibs didn't give him too much to do during the game. Easily worth ?150k.

that was the Hamilton game, it was funny to watch as he couldnt even catch a cold at the time.

Drylaw Hearts

If they were truly unstoppable shots - how did he save them ??

Archived