Self Supporting/Debt Free Club in 5 years?

Wolfstar

Looking at the current squad, and the money being touted for some of our players, could it be that Vlads plan to transfer us out of debt starting to come to fruitation?

Berra - ?3mill

Zali - ?2mill

Driver - ?3mill

Larry - ?1mill

With our debt reportedly now at ?20million would you be happy with us selling players to kept reducing the debt... and relying on free transers/youth players for the next few years to secure our financial future?

With the above 4 players we could have a debt leval closer to ?10million,

what are your thoughts, I feel we could be on the verge of a good side but on the other hand we could be looking to be quite secure in terms of finance.

A pint of whatever he is on :)

bored at work and the mind is wandering to the "what if i owned the club" dream again :laugh:

Its just that every week another story is in the paper about how we are doomed, but at closer inspection we actully have a squad worth quite a bit of money with promising youngsters also coming through. The stadium is still filling up more than when the pieman was in charge.

I would hate to see our current team stripped again after the crap we watched for the last 2 seasons but we have to be realistic with the current financial situation...

We are still paying players high wages and its until we stop paying ?5k + to players that just aren't worth it. Saving money every week by getting rid of the high earners to start with.

IMO, I think Driver isn't ready to leave Hearts and another 18 months of first team football will improve him. Berra on the other hand will probably leave in the summer but he needs to go to a club that he will then improve as a player, playing against better players.

I'm all for selling players but only when the time is right.

heartsfc_fan
Looking at the current squad, and the money being touted for some of our players, could it be that Vlads plan to transfer us out of debt starting to come to fruitation?

Berra - ?3mill

Zali - ?2mill

Driver - ?3mill

Larry - ?1mill

With our debt reportedly now at ?20million would you be happy with us selling players to kept reducing the debt... and relying on free transers/youth players for the next few years to secure our financial future?

what are your thoughts, I feel we could be on the verge of a good side but on the other hand we could be looking to be quite secure in terms of finance.

Selling the above players (or maybe take Driver out and add Obua, Miko to the list) we would realistically make ?8 Million at worst IMO.

Wages saved would be vast however. A stab in the dark, but ?40,000 a week?? That's a healthy ?2 Million saved a year!

A pint of whatever he is on :)

Why?

Maybe he just got the Driver and Kingston valuations the wrong way round.

Thank goodness you ain't in charge of selling players from Tynecastle!!!!!

I can't believe we might get ?2m for Zaliukas but that is what is being reported so the OP ain't on anything.

NewYorkJambo

Berra - ?3mill

Zali - ?2mill

Driver - ?3mill

Larry - ?1mill

This is the funniest post I've read on Kickback for as long as I can remember! Are you serious?

Also, where was our debt "reportedly 20million"? It was heading towards 40 last I heard!

This is the funniest post I've read on Kickback for as long as I can remember! Are you serious?

Also, where was our debt "reportedly 20million"? It was heading towards 40 last I heard!

the debt according to the July 2007 accounts was something like ?36M.

since then there has been a ?12M debt for equity transfer, ?8M in for gordon, ?2M+ for bednar.

there's every reason to believe / hope that the July 2008 accounts will show a significant reduction in the debt from the ?36M. it depends largely on how much the club has lost by way of trading losses for the year.

the accounts are due out soon(ish) according to some. then it will be carnage on here.

Berra - ?3mill

Zali - ?2mill

Driver - ?3mill

Larry - ?1mill

Being a realist I would be happy to see us sell any or all of the above players so long as we get a good market value for them. We need ot bring the debt down and reduce wages. If that means reducing the size and quality of our squad and us having to play more youths and deal more in the free transfer market then so beit. I would rather that than see us continue to live outwith our means.

Italian Lambretta

I think the most important finance at the moment is coming from full houses. Someone was quoted from HMFC a few days back saying "the stadium is full so there is no problem".

I would interpret that as long as we continue to do well on the pitch and Tynie is full then we can pay the high earners.

If we're pish as we were last season then attendances will drop and then we will be in trouble.

This is when we will start to panic sell. I still think we will lose 2 players in January for a fee (Zal & Kington).

I think Berra & Driver will be next but not until the summer or next january unless a crazy bid comes in.

Just my opinion.

I think the debt is nearer 30 tbh.

Is there any basis to that or just gut instinct?

I'm more inclined to go with victorian's brakdown myself unless I hear something convincing to dispute that

Dirk Diggler

:mw_rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
Could be :mw_rolleyes: clues in the name. ;)

Reading his previous posts (I say reading them I skimmed through them) does this character not suggest he is living in the USofA?

Charlie-Brown
Reading his previous posts (I say reading them I skimmed through them) does this character not suggest he is living in the USofA?

I think he is now since he left the EEN. :)

Archived