mike smiths article in programme

braveheart

ok so i know it was meant to be an attempt at humour but did anyone else notice his article in the hibs programme.was meant to poke fun fanzine style by listing tv programs and making a comment on scottish football alongside each one.

"Scottish Passport: Continuing the series in which George Burley attempts to define what being a true Scot is all about. His guests tonight are Chris Iwelumo and Nacho Novo."

now i know chris iwelumo is probably a gash player in most peoples eyes but at least he's scottish in that he was born here with a scottish mother.unlike many who would hardly know where scotland was on a map.as far as i,m concerned i would rather pick big chris than someone english like kris commons.

I think Iwelumo is decent.

Having seen him in the flesh vs Cardiff he is a very difficult player to play against IMO. Different to any other strikers available to Scotland at this moment I think.

I always thought the matchday programme wasnt to poke fun at the opponents no matter who they are , some might find the programme funny, I did but it's certainly not for a match day programme more a fanzine and was foolish to publish the cartoons and stuff in an official match day magazine.

Doesnt give opponents respect if they purchase our match day programme and find their club being slagged in it:evilno:

Cup finals aside, I haven't bought a programme for more than 30 years.

You used to buy them to find out who was playing (players didn't have squad numbers and there were no audible stadium announcements).

As described here, what was in the Hibs programme is unacceptable and shows poor judgement.

marshallschunkychicken

Just out of interest, what was in the cartoon that seems to have caused almost universal offence?

Colonel Kurtz
Just out of interest, what was in the cartoon that seems to have caused almost universal offence?

it was a frank boyle cartoon,you can see it on his website boylecartoon.

Its quite funny because the framed article"Hibs doth win the cup" has John Gibson as the writer.

The Article isnt that funny but Mike Smith did write a vert good piece on the minutes silence etc for the Celtic prog.

Programme was pretty pish to be honest. Actually it has been for as long as I remember. Still buy it though just to read pre-game and at half time.

Aberdeen's programme is brilliant and well worth the ?2.50.

Strikes me that some people have had a "Sense of Humour Bypass". Nothing I saw in the program could remotely be called offensive by anyone barring those with extremely thin skins. As for the journalist Rob Fairbairn getting his knickers into a twist about it - he should remember the old adage - "people in glass houses should not thrown stones". He obviously has not read some of the appalling offensive stuff that is panned out by the Sunday Mail week in week out.

The Old Tolbooth
Strikes me that some people have had a "Sense of Humour Bypass". Nothing I saw in the program could remotely be called offensive by anyone barring those with extremely thin skins. As for the journalist Rob Fairbairn getting his knickers into a twist about it - he should remember the old adage - "people in glass houses should not thrown stones". He obviously has not read some of the appalling offensive stuff that is panned out by the Sunday Mail week in week out.

I know Rob Fairbairn, he's from Galashiels and is a decent enough lad to know, but he doesn't half trot out some anti Hearts pish in his stories, I'm not surprised he's had a dig at the match day magazine knowing his deep affection for Hibs, he's supported them all his life.

Archived