Contalmaison Flights

Deek

This may be of interest to anybody intending travelling.

The flights are from Leeds to Albert-Picardie in France.

A drive to Leeds certainly but will definitely save a days travelling across/under the channel.

The downside is they are only from April to June.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7810480.stm

Nice find.

I was in Paris for New Year with Ms Me and we flew into Paris Beauvais from Prestwick.

Beauvais is a good bit north of Paris, so I'm thinking of using this route when I head over to explore the Somme region later this year.

sandylejambo

you can fly to paris from edinburgh and it's nearer to contalmasion than edinburgh is to leeds,,, charles degaul

just as a matter of interest, is it relatively easy to get to contalmaison from paris??

cludgie & i have friends in paris, and i've spoken before, when visiting them, about trying to go to contalmaison.

just as a matter of interest, is it relatively easy to get to contalmaison from paris??

cludgie & i have friends in paris, and i've spoken before, when visiting them, about trying to go to contalmaison.

I tentatively checked it out when I was there and reckon it's an easy 2hr drive from Paris, give or take. Driving in Paris would be an experience, but outside the city driving is fine, like anywhere else in mainland Europe.

I tentatively checked it out when I was there and reckon it's an easy 2hr drive from Paris, give or take. Driving in Paris would be an experience, but outside the city driving is fine, like anywhere else in mainland Europe.

Once you escape paris,its motorway all the way to Albert ,probably about 80/90 miles.

It's actually great fun. You just have to be very aggressive to get anywhere. Just check out how many Parisian cars are damaged. :)

It's actually great fun. You just have to be very aggressive to get anywhere. Just check out how many Parisian cars are damaged. :)

It looked good fun!

If Hertz etc agree that damaged cars are :) then I'd be all for it.

It looked good fun!

If Hertz etc agree that damaged cars are :) then I'd be all for it.

It may be an urban myth but several French folk told me that car accident insurance there covers everywhere in France except around the place Charles de Gaulle (around the Arc de Triomphe). Having sat there a wee while back for half an hour and watched the car ballet unfold before my eyes, I can see why. :)

Rupert Pupkin
It may be an urban myth but several French folk told me that car accident insurance there covers everywhere in France except around the place Charles de Gaulle (around the Arc de Triomphe). Having sat there a wee while back for half an hour and watched the car ballet unfold before my eyes, I can see why. :)

Yup it looks like a DEMOLITION DERBY.

Archived