For those going to Fester next week......

Debut 4

STAY AWAY FROM THE BRIDGE OF DOOM!

Had to start this thread but i`m stealing my Brother-in laws thunder. He was watching Britains Hardest Men on Bravo hosted by that `nowtee boy` Danny Dyer.

He met up with a former Hobo casual, who admitted he wasn`t originally into football or a Hibby, and he took Dyer down Bothwell Street just to the bit were thousands of Hearts fans cross the bridge towards Albion Road.

He went on to say that no away fans get any further and he said the only way they go(as he points) is down the sides and onto the railtrack!

He actually did call it "the bridge of doom".......a wind-up for TV and his mates? or another deluded Hobo giving out another myth into the big bad world?

you decide.....................................

:laugh::107years:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Not going cant afford an arrest end off.

The place smells anyway.

Doug, I like you and I'm not having a go, but do you have to include the phrase "end off" in every single post?! It doesn't even mean anything!

Miller Jambo 60

:107years:

Doug, I like you and I'm not having a go, but do you have to include the phrase "end off" in every single post?! It doesn't even mean anything!

END OFF you are like my wife:107years::107years:

Sorry bud

We are the Gorgie boot boys

Stupid Sexy Flanders

END OFF you are like my wife:107years::107years:

Sorry bud

We are the Gorgie boot boys

Ach well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

END OFF!

Bridge of Doom - :laugh:

Best thing about it is hearing the Hearts songs from the flat on the corner.

Clearly we have won the Battle of the Bridge!

dodethejambo

Had to start this thread but i`m stealing my Brother-in laws thunder. He was watching Britains Hardest Men on Bravo hosted by that `nowtee boy` Danny Dyer.

He met up with a former Hobo casual, who admitted he wasn`t originally into football or a Hibby, and he took Dyer down Bothwell Street just to the bit were thousands of Hearts fans cross the bridge towards Albion Road.

He went on to say that no away fans get any further and he said the only way they go(as he points) is down the sides and onto the railtrack!

He actually did call it "the bridge of doom".......a wind-up for TV and his mates? or another deluded Hobo giving out another myth into the big bad world?

Crossed that bridge many times during the 80's/90's when the casuals were at their height and never came across any hobos never mind casuals, there was just too many of us.

Bridge was always closed after the game

Crossed that bridge many times during the 80's/90's when the casuals were at their height and never came across any hobos never mind casuals, there was just too many of us.

Bridge was always closed after the game

Same here mate, i posted because i wanted to show how much a trumpet the guy is.

We all fine well know it`s the main route for away fans and what a crock of Tam White the guy is talking.

That's absolute BS nowadays.

I obviously didn't go to games in the '80s though, so some of the older boys can tell us whether that was the case?

For the record, i actually think Brad Welsh is a good lad and came over like a real family man on the programme, however neddish he may be.

My first game at Easter Road was in 1976, I was about 15. It was a 1-1 game.

We were walking over the "Bridge of Doom" and were ambushed by the Hibees on the old railway track below. They were chucking bricks and bottles up at us.

Well as everybody knows, what go's up must come down. Which it did at a far greater velocity than it came up.:o

Needless to say we all passed over the bridge to the ground. :)

Drylaw Hearts

Hibs don't even get anywhere near that bridge and they haven't for years - well not at the bigger games anyway.

Myself and some mates, including relatives, were subject to an attempted ambush about 10-12 years ago walking through the back streets towards ER after drinking in the masonic club at Shrubhill.

A couple of minutes after coming off Leith Walk ,4 Hobos jumped out of a land rover(not wee laddies either) and started to follow us while hurling abuse. Its not a busy street so it was quite quiet quiet with not many other fans about.

What they hadn`t bargained for was that a few of the lads in our group had `been around the block` shall we say. One of the Hobos got detached from the other 3 and was `marooned` in the middle of us and **** it as one of my mates flew at him.

On the whole we didn`t want bother and tried to keep a lid on it but i found it funny that this guy, who was of Dolph Lundgren proportions, seemed like a scared wee moose when his mates abandoned him.

FTH

That's absolute BS nowadays.

I obviously didn't go to games in the '80s though, so some of the older boys can tell us whether that was the case?

For the record, i actually think Brad Welsh is a good lad and came over like a real family man on the programme, however neddish he may be.

Can't ever remember actually seeing any Hobos while crossing 'the bridge of doom'

in the 80's over the bridge before the game and along albion rd after. been ambushed from the cemetry there acouple of times,bricks.

,bottles etc.

the best bit was the top of easter rd looking back and seeing a sea of heeds for about 20 mins.

Hibs don't even get anywhere near that bridge and they haven't for years - well not at the bigger games anyway.

There was bother their a few seasons back when a crowd of Hibs casuals gathered at the bridge after wandering up bothwell st unchallenge by the cops. Think they attacked a scarfer and an old boy jumped in to help (he had blood pouring from his head when we saw him whilst waiting to get in the stand).

Yea i watched that "Real football factory" episode. basically just follow this rambling old Junkie who slavers on for 20 minutes about a few scraps they had back in the 80's. Absolute pish :laugh:

What a crock of sheeite.

I've walked over that bridge every time I've been to the San Giro and that lot have never been anywhere near.

I live a stone's throw away from the bridge of doom and have never seen any hibbies around on match days, they're kept well away from Bothwell Street...which is nice...

The only incident I remember was a few years ago when I didn't live here but was heading to a game and some hobo arse in one of the flats started firing water (or at least, I hope that's what it was) at the jambos walking along towards the bridge. Hilarious, I'm sure.

imagine the whole hearts end singing we all crossed bradleys bridge of doom bradleys bridge of doom

To my fair lady/Lee Wallace has a gun:

We all crossed the bridge of doom

Bridge of doom,

Bridge of doom,

We all crossed the bridge of doom

Where were you lot?

(Or where the **** were you lot, if you prefer :))

Seen a few cars panned after the game in the "bridge of doom" region.

FTH

My car was panned in Dickson Street before and that wasnt even durin a game mind you theres a hearts car sticker on the back window

To be fair, the programme was talking to Bradley Welsh, a dude that was involved in such tomfoolery twenty years ago. At no point did it suggest that it goes on today.

Geoff Kilpatrick
What a crock of sheeite.

I've walked over that bridge every time I've been to the San Giro and that lot have never been anywhere near.

Same here. As mentioned above, the Hearts song is also blasting out of a second floor window as well!

Victor Meldrew

Went over the bridge numerous times in the 80s and 90s and not a Hobo (casual or otherwise) to be seen.

The only arrest I ever saw was a guy in Hearts colours who for some inexplicable reason decided to punch a flat window!

JamTarts1874

Total nonsense.

I walk over the 'Bridge of Doom' for every derby at Fester Road and have never even seen any hobo's.

Bring on Sunday, when we knock them out the cup :D

MON THE JT'S!

Beware the Bridge of Doom my a***, Looking forward to sunday to stuff it right up them. GIRUYHB:107years: going on 108 years

Throughout the 80s never seen a Hibby from the ground onto London road after the game. over 10,000 Jambo army! Only when you got out of London Rd did you see some Hibs casuals but unless they had numbers of 20 -1 against you did they do anything. Once saw 20 Hibs casuals run from 6 drunken Hearts fans outside the Wimpy in 85. Even now I don't see any Hibs lads on the way to the ground.

Suspect Device

the scariest thing about the 'bridge of doom' is, after having taken a couple of shandies:mw_rolleyes:,

you're just about over it and the bloke in front of you sidesteps at the last minute, leaving the field open for a quick stop against the bollards using the old groin brake :mad:

maroonlegions

The Bridge of Doom will be remembered this Sunday when the jambo army marched proudly over it and any hobo standing in their way, BRING IT ON.:107years: :spongebob3::flag3::peepwall::flag2::flag1::flagwave::clubbed::walk_man::evil:

loveofthegame

Oh dear, Bridge of Doom... I've not missed an Easter Rd derby in years and can honestly say what a load of ****e.

I do remember 2 seasons ago (can't remember the exact game) where 50ish of the so-called CCS met on the corner of Easter Rd and walked what i class as 'our way'- they got to the bridge, chanted like hard men as they crossed then turned left to head to their end. At that point there was a bit of shouting from us Jambo's, and they returned it but not a sign of any pavement dancing. If thats why they class it as the Bridge of Doom then they really need to get a grip...

Admittedly walking up Easter Rd and along London Rd isn't always fun (the Road of Doom they've probably aptly named it...) after a derby at Fester, especially for a guy my age, had near misses on a number of occasions in recent years. Thats usually because they're bitter at failing to beat us AGAIN though...

winston churchill

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r-aoZHWwQGA

Bomber Harris
'People used to comment that there was no one then all of a sudden there was hundreds of us. Just like rats out a sewer!!!'

You said it mate not us!!!!:laugh:

beat me to it bootboy - classic

Ray Winstone

So Hibs were:

The first to wear green

The first to have floodlights

and...

The first to have a 'Bridge of Doom' in or around their stadium.

I wish I had been brought up to be a 'Hibee'

:D

NewYorkJambo

Maybe he means 'end of'?

Who does he think he is? Indiana Jones?

Have crossed that bridge on numerous occasions and excluding one occasion when a couple of stones were thrown up from the railway i have never seen a Hobo near it. I certainly have not been forced to cross the railway!

The most dillusional shower of ***** on the Planet

Nelly Terraces

The 'Bridge of Doom', handily placed for the 'Stadium of Gash' (also known as 'The Crock of Sh * t'.).

Archived