Killen for us??

dodemac

PresidentRomanov

I'd be delighted if we signed him, but as with everything else I hear about Hearts, I'm not going to pay any attention to it until it happens :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I'd be delighted if we signed him, but as with everything else I hear about Hearts, I'm not going to pay any attention to it until it happens :)

PhickyBhum. I don't want anyone associated with the ghreen and ghrey hoops at our club. :mad:

PresidentRomanov
PhickyBhum. I don't want anyone associated with the ghreen and ghrey hoops at our club. :mad:

As long as they're not sleekit bhastards, I don't have a problem with it :)

Drylaw Hearts

Not to menton his year at ER.

Why?

after the Celtic game apparently

Interesting if true.

I doubt we'll sign another injury prone striker after Tullberg and Pinilla but I guess with Hearts, logic doesn't usually apply.

Ibrahim Tall

He talked to both us and Cardiff before stabbing both clubs in the back by joining them.

His type will kill this club.

Dirk Diggler

Chick Young is a clown.

Not so long ago I heard him and Murdo McLeod slavering about us being set to be 'the next Third Lanark'

'They were a big club too, make no mistake about it'

Anyway, now he's got us down as signing old firm players.

So which is it, you annoying little scrote?!

I'd rather we went for Chris Porter.

Similar type not as injury prone.

Decent scoring record.

I heard he'd signed a pre-contract with a championship club.

It's Clarkson I think we should be going for.

PresidentRomanov
He talked to both us and Cardiff before stabbing both clubs in the back by joining them.

His type will kill this club.

At least he didn't try and make himself out to be Mr Cardiff or Mr Hearts first though :)

I'd rather we went for Chris Porter.

Similar type not as injury prone.

Decent scoring record.

Nah, that's too sensible, good enough player is Porter but with our recent history signing strikers, Pinilla, Klimek, Beniusis, Tullberg etc...another injured striker is definately more Hearts style!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You-Are-Cool-Pope.jpg

Clarkson would never come to Hearts, he's too Celtic minded and wouldn't have the intelligence to see the bigger picture.

I quite like Killen and if fit I think he would do a job for us.

Thats the thing,he is very injury prone,hubs toook a bit of a gamble on him because of his injury problems.

TBH if it was me who was signing players I wouldn't touch him because of his injuries.

Ibrahim Tall

Aye, Forest apparently. He's denied it but that's probably not the end of it.

I quite like Killen and if fit I think he would do a job for us.

Not as much as Killen does. His ego is too big to come to another Scottish club.

Heard a rumour that Bruno was off to Darkheid............part of the deal maybe?

Nah mate,Bruno's signing for Preston Athletic:tongue:

It doesn't surprise me that Porter is attracting interest from down south.

I rate Clarkson but I think it's toally unrealistic to be setting our sights on players like this. He's contracted up to 2010 I think, he's got a couple of Scotland caps (and actually aquitted himself well iirc) Motherwell have every right to expect a decent fee for him.

We just don't have that kind of money and even if we move some of our players on we will probably be looking at bosmans, pre-contract deals and moderate fees (I'm thinking round about ?200,000).

As long as they're not sleekit *********, I don't have a problem with it :)

So agreeing a deal (through his agent) with Hearts whilst agreeing a deal at the same time with Cardiff (through his agent) followed by binning both clubs in favour of a more lucrative last minute move to Celtic and then publicly bad mouthing both Hearts and Cardiff isnt sleekit enough for you.

Killen had his chance to come to Hearts and thought he was bigger than us. Presumably he still does think that way. He's also spent the greater part of the last 3 years being treated for injuries, PLUS..........he's not very good

Someone like Porter at Motherwell would be a far better signing IMO.

It doesn't surprise me that Porter is attracting interest from down south.

I rate Clarkson but I think it's toally unrealistic to be setting our sights on players like this. He's contracted up to 2010 I think, he's got a couple of Scotland caps (and actually aquitted himself well iirc) Motherwell have every right to expect a decent fee for him.

We just don't have that kind of money and even if we move some of our players on we will probably be looking at bosmans, pre-contract deals and moderate fees (I'm thinking round about ?200,000).

I don't think a fee of 750k is unrealistic if we get 2m for Larry.

It saddens me to say I think any transfer fees that we get in this window will just be used to shore up our finances.

I can't see Hearts paying out more than ?300,000 for a player at the moment.

It's frustrating but it's probably the right thing to do. Get the wage bill down, pick up some out of contract bargains and promote youth.

Sorry but don't you read the papers -- we have no money -- we will not be spending sums of money anywhere near that -- we need ?2m plus to keep the wolves from the door to the seasons end.

Sorry but don't you read the papers -- we have no money -- we will not be spending sums of money anywhere near that -- we need ?2m plus to keep the wolves from the door to the seasons end.

No, I don't read papers are they are full of ****.

I don't believe that we are in the financial trouble that's been reported.

It saddens me to say I think any transfer fees that we get in this window will just be used to shore up our finances.

I can't see Hearts paying out more than ?300,000 for a player at the moment.

It's frustrating but it's probably the right thing to do. Get the wage bill down, pick up some out of contract bargains and promote youth.

You could be right.

The fact is though, when it comes to our finances and signing plans, it's hard to guess what we'll do.

I think when Hearts buy it will still be players with a potential sell-on value, like Ian Black. I don't think it'll be (and hope) that it's an injury prone has/never been whose best days are behind him.

Dirk Diggler

I think 750k is unrealistic regardless of how much we bring in this month.

Bearing in mind we're talking about a figure that Hearts have only spent 3 times before in their entire history, I think it's pretty safe to say we won't be spending that much on any single player this month.

I think 750k is unrealistic regardless of how much we bring in this month.

Bearing in mind we're talking about a figure that Hearts have only spent 3 times before in their entire history, I think it's pretty safe to say we won't be spending that much on any single player this month.

You never know. We spend close to that amount on Jose and Beslija.

Like I said, it depends on how much we bring in and get off the wage bill.

You're probably right though.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't believe that we are in the financial trouble that's been reported.

There is most definitely a cash flow problem though.

Along with the wage/bonus issues the Arbroath situation indicates we don't have a lot of cash on the hip.

Aye, Forest apparently. He's denied it but that's probably not the end of it.

Heard Forest were interested, all depends if Davies wants him too after Calderwood was pumped out

i'll believe this one when i see him hobbling about on crutches in gorgie road.

conversely, a fully fit killen would do a right good job for us.

I think we could do better than him, we need a proven goal scorer, this guy has been out for months, I cant mind the last time he kicked a ball.

Johanes de Silentio

An injury-prone striker? No thanks!

Didn't Csaba say that we'd likely be looking at free agents?

I think when Hearts buy it will still be players with a potential sell-on value, like Ian Black. I don't think it'll be (and hope) that it's an injury prone has/never been whose best days are behind him.

This is bang on the money.

There is no way Hearts will spend serious money on any player. Any money spent will be considered to be at least half of what could be recouped. That will mean the player will be young and cheap.

VR is here to make money not spend it.

I'll be amazed if Vlad spends a single penny on transfer fees, irrespective of how much he gets through sales. ...hope to be proved wrong though.

Is Killen meant to be dead fast? Would be nice to have someone who can keep up with Driver when we go on counter attacks. Watching Nade puff his way up the pitch is almost embarrassing.

Archived