rudi skacel !! / Southampton v Man United (merged threads)

paulyjambo

suzie_preston
Good to see him again - even if only on the wee screen. But... left full back?

Isn't that why he's not the same Rudi we know and love?:)

Jam Tarts 1874

Poor Southampton are a very young side due to their financial plight, not surprising that they are struggling.

I wonder if Rudi regrets not accepting a new deal at Hearts.

He's spent a lot of his career at left back. Probably considered as not having the pace to play wide left in leagues outside the SPL. It was certainly the question mark that Carl Bruckner placed against him in terms of international football.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I cannae stand these games where all you can hear is booooooooooooooooo.

Like sitting at a Motherwell game FFS. :mad:

I wonder what odds I'd get on Betfair on this referee getting lynched when he leaves the stadium.

Nap.

2/1 on a disabled carer running on the pitch and attacking him.

suzie_preston

Could it be that the ref's in England are no better than our scottish lot?

Or maybe it's Rudi's fault being an exhearts player :mw_rolleyes:

Nap.

2/1 on a disabled carer running on the pitch and attacking him.

I'd forgotten about that.

Thats Hibs class that is.

What's this your on about? I'm intrugued :laugh:

During a derby at Easter Road, a man (I use the term loosely) who was supposed to be looking after a guy in a wheelchair ran on the pitch to try and attack the referee.

He's fortunate our keeper at the time chased him away or he would have been looking at a jail sentence.

Never did like Tepi. :mad:

During a derby at Easter Road, a man (I use the term loosely) who was supposed to be looking after a guy in a wheelchair ran on the pitch to try and attack the referee.

He's fortunate our keeper at the time chased him away or he would have been looking at a jail sentence.

Never did like Tepi. :mad:

haha like D-McG said. thats hibs class :D

Ryan Gosling
Astonishing range of skill and passing. And all done at walking pace today so far.

He's also spent the entire game trying to get the United kids goals.

Slurs are regularly made against Skacel on here, which is sad.

However, he was absolutely brilliant at Hearts.

stevieC@pivot
Slurs are regularly made against Skacel on here, which is sad.

However, he was absolutely brilliant at Hearts.

For one half per game!!!

Drylaw Hearts
For one half per game!!!

Nobody plays well for 90 minutes every week.

17 goals from LM is an incredible record.

So he's a LB who's scored more goals for Hearts than Nade, the striker, has in his whole career. Or so the stats say.

I listened to the match on 5 Live and they commented on how Rudi was not getting goal side of his man and that he seemed as if he was too attack orientated to be playing full back. They also mentioned that they had a good young left back in their squad.

It is a real shame that he has very rarely played in his best postion of left midfield since leaving us. You would think that his managers might have looked at what he did for us over the course of the first half of the season and used him in his best position.

With the ability that he has, he is in real danger of ending his career with a lot of regrets that he did not fulfill his potential.

The Old Tolbooth
So how much do you reckon Mike Riley has punted at Ladbrokes on this one?

Certainly looked like that mate, he gave manure absolutely everything! Just before the sending off, he yellow carded a manure player when it could easily have been red, and he let the first manure goal stand when it was clearly offside.

Manure are the old firm of the South, they get everything in their favour!

hearts_crazy
Astonishing range of skill and passing. And all done at walking pace today so far.

Sounds like just what we need. How much do you think he'll cost us?:tongue:

Skacel was class for us and I would love to have him back at Hearts.

in time Rudi Skacels time at Hearts will be looked back on with fondness and we will appreciate what a wonderful player he was for Hearts, in fact ill go as far to say in 10 years time he will have probably achieved legendary status in the passing of time.

I heard youngsters on Saturday singing "Wayne Wayne super Wayne" who couldnt possibly have seen him play and know what an awful player he was at times, yet for ONE goal he has legend status at Hearts, Rudi Skacel on the other hand was a truly fantastic talent in a Hearts jersey, alibi for a very short time.

I think Rudi will look back at that first 6 months as arguably the highlight of his career!

There are players and teams and fans and times that just come together in little golden gaps in otherwise mediocre careers.

Old Yins, remember, Tommy White's start at Hearts???

Archived