Tullberg: any updates?

Charlie-Brown

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
He is due back in town in 9 days or so.

Whens he due back on the pitch?

Whens he due back on the pitch?

That is the key question, as is whether there is a get-out clause in our loan deal, where we can punt him back to his club if he can't get fit.

No point in keeping him on unless he is going to come back fit and stay fit for the remainder of the season. I think his wages could be better spent elsewhere on a fit striker.

I would like to think there is a get out clause for his loan deal to punt him back to his club. With both Tullberg and Mrowiec, we have basically been nursing another teams player back to fitness, which to me is not the purpose of having a player on loan.

That is the key question, as is whether there is a get-out clause in our loan deal, where we can punt him back to his club if he can't get fit.

No point in keeping him on unless he is going to come back fit and stay fit for the remainder of the season. I think his wages could be better spent elsewhere on a fit striker.

That's pretty much it.

I'm sure he's had a lovely few months looking around Edinburgh and watching Hearts play.

We have to show zero tolerance to these guys after Pinilla-gate unfortunately.

That's pretty much it.

I'm sure he's had a lovely few months looking around Edinburgh and watching Hearts play.

We have to show zero tolerance to these guys after Pinilla-gate unfortunately.

never mind pinilla what about the bullet, he must go down as the biggest waste of money in the history of football.:mw_rolleyes:

According to Csaba his injuries are definately for real and he is one of the most commited players in the squad. Before he broke down in training he was working hard to get fit and was actually in tears in the treatment room when he realised it would be months before he would be back to full fitness after his latest injury was assessed by the medical staff and he was given the prognosis.

He is desperate to get his carrer back on track and BADLY wants to play for Hearts, so until I hear otherwise I'll give him my full support and wish him a speedy recovery and the best of luck.

(The info above was all posted here after the fans focus meeting which Czaba attended - I'm going on what I remember reading at the time).

I hope everyone else will lay off him and welcome him back in due course.

Respect is due, Big C. Important post, we gotta take note of this.

According to Csaba his injuries are definately for real and he is one of the most commited players in the squad. Before he broke down in training he was working hard to get fit and was actually in tears in the treatment room when he realised it would be months before he would be back to full fitness after his latest injury was assessed by the medical staff and he was given the prognosis.

He is desperate to get his carrer back on track and BADLY wants to play for Hearts, so until I hear otherwise I'll give him my full support and wish him a speedy recovery and the best of luck.

(The info above was all posted here after the fans focus meeting which Czaba attended - I'm going on what I remember reading at the time).

That is all well and good, but he has only played one first team game since pre-season and been injured before and since.

I might badly want to play for Hearts, but aside from being gash at playing football, its not good for the club.

I'll give him my support when I see him on the pitch. If he isn't going to be back soon I'll wish him all the best with his career elsewhere.

I'm sorry, but we can't afford to be paying for someone else's player when we have no decent strikers to score goals for us.

The White Cockade

Yes

Rima's Magic Sticks should have him fit from his ankle strain within the next 12 months

OR

he has a pay per game contract and we can't afford to pay him so he doesn't play

OR

he is just a figment of our imagination.....

That is all well and good, but he has only played one first team game since pre-season and been injured before and since.

I might badly want to play for Hearts, but aside from being gash at playing football, its not good for the club.

I'll give him my support when I see him on the pitch. If he isn't going to be back soon I'll wish him all the best with his career elsewhere.

I'm sorry, but we can't afford to be paying for someone else's player when we have no decent strikers to score goals for us.

I agree, but the point I'm trying to make is that it's not Mike Tullberg's fault (and by comparing him to the likes of Pinilla and Beslija, that is effectively what people are suggesting).

People are already turning on him because they are frustrated with the fact that all of our other strikers can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

If you want to apportion blame then there's a great big fat list of people to go through before you get to him.... and to write him off due to bad luck and turn against him is irrational to the point of near retardedness.

As far as i remember from that meeting, I'm sure Csaba said that Tullberg's injury was a result of him rushing back from his original one thus resulting in his current situation.

I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Nothing suggest to me it's anything except for bad luck. I also thought he looked ok (short of fitness though) when he played.

I'm not accusing Tullberg or Mrowiec of any wrong-doing, but I just cannot fathom why we have held on to these 2 players ON LOAN while they are injured?? OK, Mrowiec will be getting paid by Romanov whether he's in Kaunus or Edinburgh, so maybe it's down to the fact that Hearts facilities are better and therefore may allow for a speedier recovery. But Tullberg? I just don't get it. As soon as we discovered that he was going to be out for weeks we should have cancelled the loan and looked for an alternative straight away. Why are we paying wages for players who are not registered to us and cannot play?

Knowing our luck, Tullberg will recover by end of Jan, go on a goal scoring streak til the end of the season and then be snapped up by somebody else with all the money going to his Italian club. :evilno:

It's a shame. I feel for the guy but we have to be relentless.

We aren't in a position where we can pay for players to sit in the stand.

Terminate his loan now and get someone else in. A loan deal is surely designed to benefit both parties in the short term? Right now it is doing neither.

Tullbergs career goalscoring record is pretty **** poor. He has managed 17 goals in his entire career (according to his Wikipedia entry anyway), so I am at a loss as to why we are putting so much faith and effort into getting him fit when it looks like he is not a natural goalscorer, which is what we really need.

Tullbergs career goalscoring record is pretty **** poor. He has managed 17 goals in his entire career (according to his Wikipedia entry anyway), so I am at a loss as to why we are putting so much faith and effort into getting him fit when it looks like he is not a natural goalscorer, which is what we really need.

A good point. I think that he will probably be a good hold up player like Nade but maybe more mobile and more of an aerial threat.

Out of the first team squad probably only Glen has the potential to be a 10-15 goal a season man.

Although he is not the best striker in the SPL, we could have done worse than have gone for Steve Lovell in the summer. He would have scored 15 goals for the current Hearts team this season if we had signed him.

It's a shame. I feel for the guy but we have to be relentless.

We aren't in a position where we can pay for players to sit in the stand.

Terminate his loan now and get someone else in. A loan deal is surely designed to benefit both parties in the short term? Right now it is doing neither.

Loan deals have to run their course do they not ..........unless there are exceptional circumstances ?

I don't know if either player was 'carrying' an injury when they came but

if it happened under our 'ownership' then I imagine we have to pick up the tab one way or the other.

Archived