ICT are a selling club - official

hearts_crazy

hearts_crazy

Craig Brewster on Sultana a minute ago, he was asked about Ian Black coming to us and he started going on about how if his players are lured by a big team then they should go and that that is what ICT are all about, bringing on young players to sell them on. Hell of an admission I thought, what happened to ambition.

Italian Lambretta

Even with there limited success over the last couple of years they are still a 1st division club trying to operate in a much bigger league. They don't have the support or the infrasture to do much apart from fight to stay in the league. So they will always be a selling club.

I really think that there are bigger clubs in the 1st division who would be much better placed in the Premier league. (Dundee & St Johnstone)

They would only be missed for their Inverness away day:mw_rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown
Craig Brewster on Sultana a minute ago, he was asked about Ian Black coming to us and he started going on about how if his players are lured by a big team then they should go and that that is what ICT are all about, bringing on young players to sell them on. Hell of an admission I thought, what happened to ambition.

Player budgets available dictate the extent of 'ambition' clubs can afford - it's hard for ICT & Hearts & other SPL clubs to keep their best players when many English & some Scottish clubs can offer far greater wages, Brewster / ICT are simply being realistic - their best chance is to sign younger or lower division players who show promise and try to develop & progress their team that way.

Brewster has said nothing different to any other SPL club manager do on a regular basis.

Every player has their price and that prices varies club to club

150k for Black is a fortune to them where as it might be for us 10 times that would be the right price for say wallace.

rudi must stay

don't think it's a suprise at all that he's said that. They've never made stupid claims like Gretna, Livingston have done in the past that's probably why they they're in good financial shape. They do as well as they can but don't get above themselves and start setting targets they would never achieve

Guest juvehearts
Even with there limited success over the last couple of years they are still a 1st division club trying to operate in a much bigger league. They don't have the support or the infrasture to do much apart from fight to stay in the league. So they will always be a selling club.

I really think that there are bigger clubs in the 1st division who would be much better placed in the Premier league. (Dundee & St Johnstone)

They would only be missed for their Inverness away day:mw_rolleyes:

even more of an argument for an extended league.

it would give the top 6 clubs a better chance of the league.

i recon if that was to ever happen the OF dominance would be over & anyone could beat anyone now.

dundee utd have impressed me this season

, this levels the playing field in several aspects but the biggest is perhaps developing your own players and your scouting system to find them.

Sorry part of the message didnt take What I was attempting to put forth is the day may be close by when we have to play within a leagues preset budget for each team this has been attempted to some level of success in Noth America in certain sports and it does without a doubt level the playing field, to a point your development and scouting become a Major priority.

Our board have no ambition though thats the problem. I reckon that's the last we will see of Black in an ICT shirt.

Yeh but they'e not "selling" him as it stands at the moment. They are seeing him running his contract down and having him walk for nothing at the moment.

Brewster's statement would strongly suggest to me that they would prefer to "sell" him to us this month and take what they can get, although we might well be happy enough to wait for the summer for him as we dont particularly need him right now. Cant see us spending ?70k (or whatever) to get him now.

Yeh but they'e not "selling" him as it stands at the moment. They are seeing him running his contract down and having him walk for nothing at the moment.

Brewster's statement would strongly suggest to me that they would prefer to "sell" him to us this month and take what they can get, although we might well be happy enough to wait for the summer for him as we dont particularly need him right now. Cant see us spending ?70k (or whatever) to get him now.

Just a gut feeling but I think he'll be at Tynecastle in January for an 'undisclosed fee'.

Just a gut feeling but I think he'll be at Tynecastle in January for an 'undisclosed fee'.

If we sell someone for big money, especially if its a midfield player, then I'd agree we'll probably bung ICT a few grand to take Black now.

Archived