ITV and FA Cup

Paolo

Does anyone know why ITV have decided to only show the FA Cup match in England - I only have council telly but the Villa and Gillingham game is on - only to find out some poxy film is on in Scotland instead.

portobellojambo1
Does anyone know why ITV have decided to only show the FA Cup match in England - I only have council telly but the Villa and Gillingham game is on - only to find out some poxy film is on in Scotland instead.

not being shown on ITV Scotland, on council telly, but is available to those that have Sky, Channel 993, ITV1 London.

Game, and the Soton v Man U game, is being shown online, Channel 1 on the following link (if that is any help to you) -

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/

not being shown on ITV Scotland, on council telly, but is available to those that have Sky, Channel 993, ITV1 London.

Guess I will miss it then - this is nonsense though. interesting to here ITV (or STV)'s reason - BBC seeme dto be happy to show it UK wide.

it's an english cup so who really cares about it?

i wouldn't imagine they're enamoured with watching our cup ties.

StAndrewsHMFC

You can watch the game on ITV's website, just click on the watch ITV1 now button on the right hand side of the page. Managed to watch the FA Cup highlights last night, its a minute or so behind and you still get the adverts but uts better than watching 30 years of STV or whatever the pish was on scottish

Thanks mate, I had scoured the BBC and Sky sites trying to find it. Got it now on ITV London. :laugh:

ITV and STV are separate companies. I imagine they couldn't agree on the cost of the rights to show it on STV.

As ITV is made up of lots of different companies (STV, Carlton, Granada etc) they all chip in for events like the FA Cup. STV have obviously decided not to.

As the BBC is national and not regional viewers in Scotland could expect to see FA cup football.

ITV and STV are separate companies. I imagine they couldn't agree on the cost of the rights to show it on STV.

I see, guess it 'll be the pub for the final then - only Villa today so not too dissappointed about missing it, would have wathced it though and any future games would have been good.

As ITV is made up of lots of different companies (STV, Carlton, Granada etc) they all chip in for events like the FA Cup. STV have obviously decided not to.

As the BBC is national and not regional viewers in Scotland could expect to see FA cup football.

Not any more. ITV is one company and has all the English licenses.

http://www.itv.com/aboutitv/

Not any more. ITV is one company and has all the English licenses.

http://www.itv.com/aboutitv/

So STV is a division rather than a separate company - that just means there a cheap skate division instead of a cheapskate company.

Come on! What do you expect from those amateurs? There greatest ever contribution to TV is Taggart for goodness sake!!!

Did you see the pathetic New Year's Eve coverage? Do you remember SP Hell?

They should shut them down and let us watch a professional TV station!!!

repeated on sultana later tonight

What actually is the deal with the FA cup this season, I haven't been paying too much attention.

Mostly on Setanta with a game on ITV and nothing on the BBC?

Further to this post, I emailed STV/ITV and this is what they advised:

Dear Mr *****,

Thank you for your recent email to stv.

stv has chosen not to purchase the rights to English FA Cup football. Although we are part of the UK-wide ITV Network, we are an independent commercial company funded entirely by advertising and sponsorship. The decision not to acquire the FA Cup rights is a commercial one. We will instead invest in programming which is more relevant to Scotland, which we will roll out in our 2009 schedule.

We hope this response explains the situation and we thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

stv viewer contact

Seems they think we are more interested in low buget films and Weegie dominated programmes than the FA Cup.

Smoked-Glass
Do you not read any replies in the thread before you post:p

yes i know the guy only has council telly but was just saying. Someone also asked "What actually is the deal with the FA cup this season, I haven't been paying too much attention.

Mostly on Setanta with a game on ITV and nothing on the BBC? "

chill

Carl Spackler

Come on! What do you expect from those amateurs? There greatest ever contribution to TV is Taggart for goodness sake!!!

You forget they produced the music to Scotsport obviously. What a tune!

Archived